Need help...would you do a 5 night stay over Memorial Day weekend or a 7 night stay mid august?

We love August and have done may August trips. The weather is hot hot hot but when there is rain it clears the air and cools things down. May can be hot too.... I'd do the longer summer trip and plan for long breaks for swimming and

The chance of torrential rain scares me

Never been in May but always go august. I work in a school so I can't take off for vacation. I could actually get written up and fired for it. This past trip, it only rained once. We didn't have any downpours. We have had them in the past and it's been ok. The light rain in cooling lol. The downpours past quickly for us. It also clears out the parks. We aren't go go go at disney. We like enjoying the resort and having downtime. A longer trip helps allow for that. We've gone into parks just for our 3 fastpasses and if anything else popped up. We will forever be going in August with our schedules.

I was dreading going in August this year, but it was rather last minute & the only option left for kids before school started. I was pleasantly surprised! Yes, it was hot, but we went early to the parks, ate lunch in air conditioning, & then went back to the resort to swim/rest. It was MUCH hotter a few weeks ago in October! So you can't really predict what the weather will be!

Me either :)

We've done August twice and really enjoyed it. We were never rained out. Yea it's hot but we do midday breaks by the pool and always had a great time. Did the headliners multiple times each day. No complaints.

We tend to go in August a lot because it's the month of our anniversary. Rooms are cheaper than Memorial Day and the parks are definitely less crowded. It is really hot and we tend to look a little sweaty in all our pictures. But, if you can get past that, it's a great time of year for a visit. There's always the typical 4-4:30 Floridian rain shower to take a little moisture out of the air, but generally not more than rain than that.Also, you will really appreciate your resort's pool and the water parks.

I've been in August several times, and it's really my favorite time to go! The crowds are so low! Last time I went in August (it was the last week of the month), one day midweek even Soarin' was a walk on all day.

Yes it does rain, usually in the afternoon. Nice way to take a break. I'm washable. It is challenging with my youngest in a wheelchair but we make it work and have a laugh.

May is my favorite time of year to visit WDW. However, we now have a middle and high schooler who are each taking multiple advanced classes. They can't afford to miss school that not is not for something like illness. I would be comcerned about the end of May due to the end of the school year, finals, review, etc. Will your high schooler be in a spring sport or band where they have a concert? They usually frown on missing games and practices, at least my daughters teams do, and they might lose a starting position. The other thing is if the HS child is in a fall sport, check when practices start. Around here it's The first and second weeks of August depending on the sport. These factors have limited our vacations to June, July and School breaks.

We did two summer trips in a row and, with great planning, they were our best. Rope drop, ADR lunch, hotel for pool/nap, back in the evening if we felt like it was our plan and it worked very well. We have decided to switch it up next year and travel for spring break. We are looking forward to cooler temps.

Good luck in your decision. Things definitely get more complicated the older the kids get.

We went the last week in August this year and we will never again go in August. The first half of the trip, it was hot and humid but the skies were overcast and it was tolerable (we only had a major downpour one evening). The second half of our trip we had bright sun, no rain, and temps in the mid 90s with humidity that made it feel like 107. We wore hats and cooling towels, drank tons of water, moved slowly and took breaks, and we still spent very little time in the parks because we were so uncomfortable. We still had fun, but not nearly as much as we have had on prior trips during less hot times of the year.

Pricing is pretty much the same....5 nights with a 5 day hopper at BC over memorial weekend & a 7 night 6 day hopper at BC mid august. We are a family of four...kids will be 9 & 15. In may, they would miss some school which I'm not thrilled about. My hesitation for an August trip is the potential for a ton of rain! We've done two May trips before and two trips in November. We were just there over memorial weekend for opening of pandora and enjoyed that time of year, but more bang for the buck in august and no missed school. Convince me that august is the way to go!

We have gone mid August the last seven years, and the last two years, no exaggeration we had like no rain. It's super super hot lol but we love the low crowds. I'd go Aug any day

I was dreading going in August this year, but it was rather last minute & the only option left for kids before school started. I was pleasantly surprised! Yes, it was hot, but we went early to the parks, ate lunch in air conditioning, & then went back to the resort to swim/rest. It was MUCH hotter a few weeks ago in October! So you can't really predict what the weather will be!
True!

Pricing is pretty much the same....5 nights with a 5 day hopper at BC over memorial weekend & a 7 night 6 day hopper at BC mid august. We are a family of four...kids will be 9 & 15. In may, they would miss some school which I'm not thrilled about. My hesitation for an August trip is the potential for a ton of rain! We've done two May trips before and two trips in November. We were just there over memorial weekend for opening of pandora and enjoyed that time of year, but more bang for the buck in august and no missed school. Convince me that august is the way to go!

I've done mid august without a problem, I think all we got was an occasional storm whereas I've been POURED on in March. And crowd wise I didn't think it was that bad.

We have done three august trips and three may trips and they are both nice and we have hit rain during both trips. I would pick august, longer stay so if it does rain take a rain day, most likely it won't rain that long or have you out of parks that long. Actually the worst rain day we had was in May it poured so bad we were drenched to our undies and we had rain coats on. But it was over in an hour. Another good thing about aug is free food usually comes out then, if that is important to you, not a big plus to us but we take it if offered. The crowds would be a lot lower in aug than monorail day. The heat would be about the same. Humitity also. All in all I would pick august, especially if the kids don't miss school to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter