Need strawberry or raspberry filling for cookies

Kermit

New Mama to Baby Jacob!
I have a cookie spritz that makes really neat cookies, but I need a recipe for a strawberry or raspberry filling to put between layers. The cookies I'm planning on making are the kind that the bottom is a circular shape with scalloped edges and the top cookie has the same shape but there is a hole in the middle. I want to put a filling in the middle so that it's peaking through the hole in the top cookie.

I made these before by melting down seedless strawberry preserves, spreading them on the cookies without holes, and then shaking powdered sugar over top before pressing on the other cookie to make the preserves stickier, but it wasn't quite sticky enough. I'm hoping somebody has a recipe that will give me a gummier filling.

This sounds similar to my Grammy's "filled cookies". The only recipe she gave me was for the "regular" kind with raisins & dates, but she used to make apricot & I think once did raspberry. When I asked her about it, she just said "substitute with apricots." That doesn't help too much, though. I'm going to try this year though - again doesn't help you now.

I looked in Betty Crocker's cookbook because I thought I remembered something with fruit fillings. Here are the fillings she shows for Fruit Turnover cookies, plus Gram's date one. I think one of these should be enough to help you create your own.

Orange Filling
1 c sugar
1/4 c cornstarch
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 c orange juice
2 Tbl grated orange peel
2 Tbl butter
Combine sugar, cornstarch & salt in saucepan. Stir in orange juice. Cook over medium, stirring constantly, until it thickens & boils. Boil & stir 2 min. Stir in peel & butter. Cool.

Cherry Filling
3/4 c sugar
3 Tbl cornstarch
3/4 c orange juice
1/2 c maraschino cherry syrup
18 maraschino cherries, chopped
1 1/2 Tbl butter
Mix sugar & cornstarch; stir in juice, syrup, cherries & butter. Cook, stirring constantly, until it thickens & boils. Boil & stir 1 min. Cool.

Pineapple Filling
2/3 c sugar
3 Tbl flour
1 can crushed pineapple, drained
1/2 c of the drained syrup
2 Tbl lemon juice
1 Tbl butter
dash nutmeg
Same instructions as above, but cook 5 min.

Gram's Date/Raisin Filling
2 boxes dates
1/2 c sugar (scant measure)
1 Tbl flour
1 box raisins
lemon juice
1/2 c water
Grind dates & raisins. Add sugar, juice, flour & water. Cook, stirring all the time, until you can spread. If it gets too thick, add a little water.

Thanks Piratesmate! I love cherry, so I may just make that one. I'm making these for a party on Tuesday and I don't have a bunch of spare time, so I'll just stick to something tried-and-true for now.

Kermit, it sounds like the cookies I started making last year! I got a cookie press from the Pampered Chef...it is wonderful!! But I used rasp. jam and it wasn't "sticky" enough. I've been wondering the same thing about a filling recipe...maybe we could substitute frozen raspberries for the cherries int the above recipe...any thoughts anyone?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter