New ‘Magic Happens’ Parade to Premiere on Feb. 28, 2020 at Disneyland Park

Here’s a weird parade-related question. My family do not intend to view the parade this year (I’m going to purchase the parade viewing package next year, but there’s just so much to do this didn’t make the 2020 cut 😉). Also, my son still naps and making sure he gets a mid-day rest is probably crucial to the success of our vacation. However, I just realized that will put us coming BACK into the park at around 3:00, when the parade starts at 3:30. On a scale of 1 to Nightmare, how bad of an idea is this? Would using the Downtown Disney entrance be better? Should we try to skip the nap (gulp), and put the entire family to bed at 7:30, lol?

Here’s a weird parade-related question. My family do not intend to view the parade this year (I’m going to purchase the parade viewing package next year, but there’s just so much to do this didn’t make the 2020 cut 😉). Also, my son still naps and making sure he gets a mid-day rest is probably crucial to the success of our vacation. However, I just realized that will put us coming BACK into the park at around 3:00, when the parade starts at 3:30. On a scale of 1 to Nightmare, how bad of an idea is this? Would using the Downtown Disney entrance be better? Should we try to skip the nap (gulp), and put the entire family to bed at 7:30, lol?
That’s not a problem. If you do happen to get in after the parade starts, you can get stuck waiting for a break for them to let you cross in, but even that’s maybe a 10-minute hold. And the 3:30 parade starts back at IASW, so it won’t even hit the front of the park until probably 3:45-50. It’s a non-issue.

But also you’re going to have more than enough time/opportunity to see the parade this trip.

That’s not a problem. If you do happen to get in after the parade starts, you can get stuck waiting for a break for them to let you cross in, but even that’s maybe a 10-minute hold. And the 3:30 parade starts back at IASW, so it won’t even hit the front of the park until probably 3:45-50. It’s a non-issue.

But also you’re going to have more than enough time/opportunity to see the parade this trip.
Thank you!!

We will be in DL 2/27 and 2/29 (DCA 2/28). Once we're in the park on the 27th is there a way to find out if there will be a soft opening that day?

We will be in DL 2/27 and 2/29 (DCA 2/28). Once we're in the park on the 27th is there a way to find out if there will be a soft opening that day?
I expect there will be, but they probably won’t tell you. When Paint the Night debuted over at DCA, there was a soft opening but the CMs wouldn’t say so (or maybe didn’t know)... we knew because we knew performers, but I heard someone ask at guest services and be told no like two hours ahead.

OK, thank you! And when they do soft openings is it usually one showing or two?
I’ve only ever seen them do one. I don’t think it was at the normal parade time when PTN went, either. Just check the parade route periodically; enough people will know it’s happening that a crowd will start to form.

Are they any scheduled live streams of the parade tomorrow? That 6 PM PT parade is a great time for Prime Time viewing on the East Coast

Does the train run during a parade? You could get on at the Main Street station and take that to wherever you want to go. Also, the first parade starts at Small World and goes toward City Hall, so you may have enough time to get where you want to go...

Are they any scheduled live streams of the parade tomorrow? That 6 PM PT parade is a great time for Prime Time viewing on the East Coast
It's the Duo will be doing a live webcast on youtube today for the 5pm show.

Does the train run during a parade? You could get on at the Main Street station and take that to wherever you want to go. Also, the first parade starts at Small World and goes toward City Hall, so you may have enough time to get where you want to go...

Yes it does. I've escaped from parade madness via the train before and was going to offer that as a suggestion as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter