New ‘Magic Happens’ Parade to Premiere on Feb. 28, 2020 at Disneyland Park

Anyone want to offer guesses as to how early we should plan to arrive for the 330 parade?

I only watched online, but I just didn't get some of the costuming. Particularly the costumes with the scorcerer Mickey hat float, they reminded me of The Hunger Games. What were they playing off? Help me understand 🤷.

I only watched online, but I just didn't get some of the costuming. Particularly the costumes with the scorcerer Mickey hat float, they reminded me of The Hunger Games. What were they playing off? Help me understand 🤷.
LOL! I liked the costumes but told my daughter after the parade that they reminded me of Hunger Games. I really liked all the colors (even the hair).

Coco and Moana floats are currently outside Small World (media event?) and are SO COOL :) Nice taste for those of us who don't want to wait an hour for the full parade!

LOL! I liked the costumes but told my daughter after the parade that they reminded me of Hunger Games. I really liked all the colors (even the hair).
I haven't seen them yet, but based on your description maybe they're playing off the Night on Bald Mountain/ Chernabog scene?

Maybe? I just watched a clip on youtube, but I'm still confused:rotfl2:
I just watched a clip and I don't think that's at all what it was supposed to be. I thought when they meant hunger games it was going to be like black leather looking stuff that Jennifer Lawrences's character shows on the posters and stuff.
That's more like a cotton candy machine threw up on them.

Initial reactions:

I particularly liked the Moana and Coco floats. Maui is awesome, and Miguel is also great (as is Dante!!).

They had some spacing issues today (we watched the 3:30, across from the Alice bathrooms), but nothing terrible. There was a coach/choreographer standing there who gave them signs to speed up or slow down.

The previous poster mentioned Hunger Games. I suspect they weren’t referring to the competitors, but to the extravagant hair/makeup/clothing in the Capitol. The walking/dancing units surrounding Sorcerer Mickey are pretty fantastical, but maybe a little over the top.

The dancers/performers were very energetic. It’s got to be a rush to do this for people after rehearsing a new parade.

The soundtrack doesn’t seamlessly flow from parade song to unit songs. I’m not sure if this was due to our location, first day timing issues, or by design. The parade song is nice enough and high energy, but not an ear-worm (which could be a good thing.)

In addition to featuring two more recent movies (Moana & Coco) was nice to see some “surprise” characters who aren’t always featured. I won’t list them here... but there are some nice classic characters who appear.

Initial reactions:

I particularly liked the Moana and Coco floats. Maui is awesome, and Miguel is also great (as is Dante!!).

They had some spacing issues today (we watched the 3:30, across from the Alice bathrooms), but nothing terrible. There was a coach/choreographer standing there who gave them signs to speed up or slow down.

The previous poster mentioned Hunger Games. I suspect they weren’t referring to the competitors, but to the extravagant hair/makeup/clothing in the Capitol. The walking/dancing units surrounding Sorcerer Mickey are pretty fantastical, but maybe a little over the top.

The dancers/performers were very energetic. It’s got to be a rush to do this for people after rehearsing a new parade.

The soundtrack doesn’t seamlessly flow from parade song to unit songs. I’m not sure if this was due to our location, first day timing issues, or by design. The parade song is nice enough and high energy, but not an ear-worm (which could be a good thing.)

In addition to featuring two more recent movies (Moana & Coco) was nice to see some “surprise” characters who aren’t always featured. I won’t list them here... but there are some nice classic characters who appear.
Can't wait for tomorrow.

Well, I’ve seen it three times already. 😂

I saw the soft opening yesterday and the first parade today both by the Alice bathrooms, and then the second parade today in front of the fire department. The choreography/timing really differs - I thought today’s first show was pretty different from yesterday, even in the same spot, but then tonight I saw the Coco dancers detach their skirts and swing them around... hadn’t seen that yet! There were other things like that. So, watching from different positions will be fun.

The floats are gorgeous. The performers are very high-energy. I think it’s a fun show. It’s not Paint the Night, but I’d watch it as often as we watched Soundsational.

My munchkin had fun in her costume and got lots of performer interaction, which is always a bonus. (I started it based on concept art and then frantically made changes last night... still have some additions to make.)

Her face says it all. 😍

Any reports on the reserved seating for the parade from yesterday? We have it booked but are waiting for reports to see if it’s worth it or not. Reviews for the reserved seating for past parades are very mixed. We’re hoping Disney has improved the experience this time around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter