• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New AP and AP room discounts?

maramarrie

Mouseketeer
I've had an AP in the past, but I don't know how to find the answer to this question. I am thinking about going AP again, but one major contributor to this decision and when to buy/book would be having the ability to get an AP room only discount on the same trip I'm activating the AP. If I buy the AP voucher before booking the room, am I able to book the room with AP discount and then validate/exchange for the AP on arrival? If it makes a difference, we could likely arrive early in the morning and head to parks before heading to the hotel, so the AP will be in use before check-in anyhow.

I've had an AP in the past, but I don't know how to find the answer to this question. I am thinking about going AP again, but one major contributor to this decision and when to buy/book would be having the ability to get an AP room only discount on the same trip I'm activating the AP. If I buy the AP voucher before booking the room, am I able to book the room with AP discount and then validate/exchange for the AP on arrival? If it makes a difference, we could likely arrive early in the morning and head to parks before heading to the hotel, so the AP will be in use before check-in anyhow.
You can book but you have to call. The phone CM should be able to see the voucher in your MDE account. If you have an active AP, you can do it online. I'm not sure whether you need to produce the AP upon arriving at the hotel or not.

I have booked AP discounts online with an AP voucher in MDE. Unless this is a recent change, I have definitely been able to make it work in the past. As for showing your AP at check in, I assume they are able to see it on MDE. Worst case they will ask you to stop at the desk to show the active AP at your convenience. Have fun planning and have a great trip!

If you call, they can give you the room discount, and activate upon arrival. What they can’t do is upgrade park tickets to APs over the phone.

I've had one for about 4 or 5 years and have never had to show it at check in.
Agreed; all the times I've booked with AP discount I never had to produce the AP (presumably because I booked online and had signed in with the AP already in my account to get the discount). I appreciate the responses; and it sounds like I might be able to book with a voucher. I'll just have to try it and if it doesn't work I'll call.

On a side note, the new resort parking fees make hotel AP discounts less of a value, and off-property even better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter