New BOG Dinner Menu

Wife and I are LOVING this :). We are not getting NEAR that Fake Sig.... but a lot of others are :). And we hope you enjoy your meal :).
ALWAYS your choice :).

Sooooo? More openings at the REAL Sigs :). Sorry - BOG is just walking down the path of Le Cellier :). Just us, not touching it.

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.
2 dining credits does not automatically mean signature. I do not believe BOG is classified as “Signature Dining” and the price point of $55 for three courses is not on the same level as the restaurants listed as Signature Dining.

I am looking forward to my dinner there in October. We also routinely dine at the “true” Signature Restaurants. I find they are pretty easy to book. BOG is still a tough one.

I think the menu looks great, can’t wait to try the filet. The only thing I’m sad about is the dessert. We LOVED the grey stuff and my DD loved the lemon cupcake. The trio looks tiny. I hope that by the time our trip rolls around, they will offer a couple dessert options.

You really think the crowd going to BOG would otherwise be headed to Cali Grill or Flying Fish? Doubt it.

Yeah, twisted logic or bad attempt at humor? First they criticize BOG as bad signature restaurant and then they think everyone else will pick it leaving other signatures open for them? That logic makes no sense unless they’re admitting they’re wrong and everyone else is right.

2 dining credits does not automatically mean signature. I do not believe BOG is classified as “Signature Dining” and the price point of $55 for three courses is not on the same level as the restaurants listed as Signature Dining.

I am looking forward to my dinner there in October. We also routinely dine at the “true” Signature Restaurants. I find they are pretty easy to book. BOG is still a tough one.
I agree completely.
2 TS and Signature are not synonymous. The best example is that in-room pizza delivery costs 2 TS and nobody thinks that Disney's pizza is Signature dining.

My DD and I ate at BOG last night.

At check in they inform guests of the menu change and the new price. A party of 6 adults in front of me had no idea about the change and ended up walking away. They were upset and understandably so. I think Disney should have sent out some sort of communication about the change to people with an ADR. Unless you booked after message was put on the BOG web page or visited these boards or other fan sites there really was no warning.

Sadly the bread still isn’t ready so we had the rolls from the old menu. We both had the Escargot and Filet Mignon. The escargot were wonderful. They were cooked perfectly and so tender. We ended up using our rolls to soak up the garlic butter (so yummy!). Our filets were plated beautifully and prepared correctly to a medium temp and so tender all you needed was a butter knife to cut them. The mashed potatoes and veggie medley (carrots, parsnips, zucchini, green beans, sugar snap peas and onions) were delicious. I literally cleaned my plate. Dessert was a nice presentation, but it was obvious that they had been pre-plated and refrigerated way in advance then taken out to warm up. Everything was cold in the middle and wet and soggy on the bottom. The macaron was my favorite though. I wish they’d have at least two other options for desserts in addition to the trio.

I’ll definitely be back. I enjoyed the new menu and with my Tables in Wonderland discount I thought it was very reasonable.
They should have been aware of the changes. They had disabled the reservations until the new Prix Fixe menu information was up on the web site. There were several weeks where you could not book reservations. There was a lot of speculation on the boards why people couldn’t book dinner.

They should have been aware of the changes. They had disabled the reservations until the new Prix Fixe menu information was up on the web site. There were several weeks where you could not book reservations. There was a lot of speculation on the boards why people couldn’t book dinner.

There are plenty of people who have no idea of changes that are made after ADR's are made. Many have not made them on their own, but have had TA's make them along with their itinerary. It is going to take time before the new BOG credit and dining structure catches up with the old.

I agree completely.
2 TS and Signature are not synonymous. The best example is that in-room pizza delivery costs 2 TS and nobody thinks that Disney's pizza is Signature dining.
I suppose the bonus is that you now get 3 courses here for your 2TS credits instead of just 2 everywhere ese.

Actually, there are several 2 TS credit meals that are not considered Signature besides BOG such as SoA, HDDR, and maybe Mickey's BBQ.

Correct. Just a typo. My point (which I edited to match my earlier post on the topic) is that 2 TS does NOT mean Signature.

And the backyard bbq is indeed also 2 credits.

There are plenty of people who have no idea of changes that are made after ADR's are made. Many have not made them on their own, but have had TA's make them along with their itinerary. It is going to take time before the new BOG credit and dining structure catches up with the old.
What I was trying to say was that it was not possible for the changes to have been made to the TS credits or menu after the reservation, since the reservations were only allowed to be made after the website was updated. The TA could have not passed that on to a client, but that is the TA responsibility, not Disney’s.

What I was trying to say was that it was not possible for the changes to have been made to the TS credits or menu after the reservation, since the reservations were only allowed to be made after the website was updated. The TA could have not passed that on to a client, but that is the TA responsibility, not Disney’s.

I did not realize that ADR's had been blocked.

Yes but when reservations were made - did people still know about the changes? My reservation just says "Be Our Guest Dinner". If you click through to view the restaurant, the change is highlighted in red but if you just book right from a search that notice isn't shown as far as I can see. If people follow Disney Parks Blog, come here, or any Disney social media they probably knew about change but I'm not surprised that people don't know yet.

If someone walks away after being told it's $55 per person I wonder if their plan was to share or just do cupcakes. Which some of us believe is the reason they started this new menu.
I don’t know if that would be the case. Maybe They just wanted an entree and not dessert or an appetizer. Sometimes my daughter and I each get an appetizer and split an entree. I could see being upset if you didn’t know, but I thought it was pretty obvious when booking.

Who has had dinner at BOG since the menu change? Is the Rose Gallery still used as a staging area, or are people sat there for dinner now?

Watching thread to see if anyone posts pics of the food and experiences :)

About how long did it take? I've heard via other channels that it has taken nearly 2 hours.

I'd also like to hear more first hand responses on the length of dinner. I'm wondering if this will eat up too much time before our MVMCP night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter