New breaks

Ok and one more question, what does moving my tires out 1.5 inches do to the towing? More stable as its has a bigger wheel base or something else. Dam, i don't think this stuff through.

Fist package arrived with my new hubs and bearings. I say first because the 2nd one is still in transit, somewhere..........my 1st trip of the year is getting closer. And still no parts to do the work.

Ok , install is done. I will test it next week. Removal of the 1st back plate assembly took me a long time, the other 3 were not bad at all. So figure a 3 to 4 hour job by yourself. Half that if you have help and all the correct tools. It took me a while to determine what wrentch i could fit that gave me the most force to remove the bolts without rocking the TT off the jacks.

On another note, i think i set them up correctly, the wheel spins but just barely hit the pads. I will adjust my controller when i have time to test it out. This is correct right? I didnt have to ajust them at all, but maybe they were sent out pre ajusted? The new hubs were pre lubed, so berrings in place, with seals and races. Just take off the vover and plop them on.

Ok, just hitched up to season the new assemblies. I road the slide switch on the activater to set the brakes properly. They stop so much better, it might be the size, because they are bigger or that my old ones weren't actually working properly. When enguaged they actually can slow down my 2500 truck. So , im happy. Nothing fell off and everything was cool to the touch afterwards. No hi way driving yet, but speeds around 40 mph. I will check and tighten up bolts , lug nuts before heading out next weekend. Thanks to all for the reasurance and help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter