New car buyers?

edwardsfire

WDW and Vegas Expert
Now is one of the BEST times ever to buy a new vehicle.
Who is and what did you buy?
In a couple of days, we are either getting a new Honda Odyssey or Toyota Sienna. Both are American made and VERY VERY reliable. (we currently own an oddy.)
I was curious who else is taking advantage of the "buyers market"?
---------------------------------------------------------------
Oops, sorry, wrong board. Meant to be in the communtiy board.

It's not that we don't buy things, but we don't buy just because they're good deals. ...that's how people get into trouble. "Worry about saving pennies while spending too many dollars" kind of thing.

I agree, we dont spend unless we need/want to.
Our van only has 100k on it. For a Honda, thats barely broken in.
But, with deals going on, sometimes you need to take advantage.

I want that Saturn Outlook. Not sure about the future of Saturn. It would be my third Saturn if I did get it. I actually have bought 2 other Saturns and paid them off, with little to no major car issues. I just paid off my Vue this past May and thinking about getting a new truck. DH wants us to wait until May when he pays off his car too - July 2009.

New cars are way too expensive for me. Since I have a good mechanical background, I buy older cars, and then just do all the repair work on them myself. Currently we have a '97 Caravan which I got for $1,500 about three years ago. It has right around 150,000 miles on it, but it runs like a champ. We drove it to Disney from NY last summer, and plan to use it again this summer.

I also have a '93 Nissan Maxima. I got the Max for free, when the previous owner couldn't get it to start. I put the plug wires back in the right places, and made sure they were actually plugged all the way in to the distributor cap. I also cleaned all the WD40 out of the distributor, and it fired right up for me. I've put a bit of money in it, but I've had it for two full years now, and drive the heck out of it. Not bad for a free car.

I'd still look into American...jmo. The profit still goes to a foreign country...time to help out ourselves a bit.

I'd still look into American...jmo. The profit still goes to a foreign country...time to help out ourselves a bit.
Thats actually incorrect.
Honda profits go into the plant itself,employees profit sharing checks and the hundres of thousands of shareholders that are Americans.
Much much of the money stays right here.
And, many of those "American cars" are made in mexico and canada.
Not trying to derail this thread; but the whole "American car" things went out in the 80's when other manufacturers started making them here.

rather truck.

A Chevy Silverado, crew cab. We always buy used, but it was $13,000 off, making it only $2,000.00 more than the four year old Toyota we were looking at. We normally would not spend the $$$ for a new car or truck, but since we were in the market anyways, it made sense to go with a new one this time.

We bought our second Toyota Sienna. They are a great van and on both of ours they have "Made in Kentucky" tags in different places on them.

I want that Saturn Outlook. Not sure about the future of Saturn. It would be my third Saturn if I did get it. I actually have bought 2 other Saturns and paid them off, with little to no major car issues. I just paid off my Vue this past May and thinking about getting a new truck. DH wants us to wait until May when he pays off his car too - July 2009.

I am in need of a new vehicle soo, and was considering either a Vue or a Chevy Equinonx. Any things you really enjoy about your Vue, or things you didn't care for?

I am in need of a new vehicle soo, and was considering either a Vue or a Chevy Equinonx. Any things you really enjoy about your Vue, or things you didn't care for?

Both are great cars. I love chevys too. I've owned two of those too. I'm an true American car owner with the exception of the one Mazda I owned (which gave me the blues). Anyway, as a present to myself in 2003 I purchased a new Vue and did the 60 months financing. No lie, it only had to go in the shop once that wasn't under factory warranty. I had the extended which picked up that bill. I have about 90,000 miles and still have 10,000 miles left on my extended warranty. I really do love my vue. Now, I only took my car to the Saturn dealer (even for oil changes) and did any maintenance work that they asked. I'm taking really good car of her, and she gets me where I need to be. Also, right now it takes like $22 to fill up my car on 'E'. I wouldn't be surprised if that Chevy and the vue are made in the same plant. They are very similar.

I can't think of anything I don't like about the Vue. If you've ever visited a Saturn dealer, you'd know why. You'd think I had a BMW. The second saturn I purchased, I got while just getting an oil change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter