• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New dining gift card discount. UPDATE WITH LINK TO OFFER

Wow. Our BWI reservation went up almost $300 for our week in July. 😬 I’m wondering if this promotion is worth it though. We do usually do sit down dining and we definitely will be eligible for the $750 credit.

Wow. Our BWI reservation went up almost $300 for our week in July. 😬 I’m wondering if this promotion is worth it though. We do usually do sit down dining and we definitely will be eligible for the $750 credit.
Same here my YC reservation went up about$250, so really saving only $500. But I guess I will take it better than nothing. If a standard GP discount comes out later which it probably will…..then I will just modify to the new better discount. YC is usually always in the highest tier of discounts offered so I should be good.

Exactly. Just another psychological sales pitch to make people think they’re getting a deal. Just like the old days of “free dining”. Nothing is free. Especially at Disney.
Yeah - it's just the standard discount you usually see at these periods dressed up a different way. I mean a discount is a discount and better than full price but this is really nothing beyond what we usually see. Seems to come to a 15-30% discount off of rack rate.

After you book, how do you tell how much the promo card is? I booked 09/10 - 09/17, and wanted to verify that the promo card included the amount for all 7 nights, not just until 09/14.

After you book, how do you tell how much the promo card is? I booked 09/10 - 09/17, and wanted to verify that the promo card included the amount for all 7 nights, not just until 09/14.

This offer is for "arrival dates starting" it will apply to your whole stay. My POR starts 9/8 and goes to 9/17. All dates in "My plans" show the DINE code in them even though the promo is till 9/14.

Did you check the 25% off promotion? That was cheaper for me than the dining promo. The dining promo if they ended up giving us the $150 for 6 nights would be a $900 card. But the 25% off saved us $924.36. So it ended up being about $25 cheaper doing the promotion instead.

ETA: although the promotion did say up to $750. So if we’d only get $750, we are saving $175 by doing the 25%

Limited standard availability at All Stars, so I can't change. The rate is cheaper by $8 per night than my current Visa discount booking. I was able to compare by checking one night I was thinking of adding to my current reservation. Surprised current discounts seem to overlap dates.

Last edited:
Did you check the 25% off promotion? That was cheaper for me than the dining promo. The dining promo if they ended up giving us the $150 for 6 nights would be a $900 card. But the 25% off saved us $924.36. So it ended up being about $25 cheaper doing the promotion instead.

ETA: although the promotion did say up to $750. So if we’d only get $750, we are saving $175 by doing the 25%

I don't see a 25% offer for September.

Since you must have a bundled ticket purchase to be eligible for this deal, I don't think staying on DVC points sounds applicable for the dining card offer. Now, if you were paying cash to Disney for a villa resort, then you're not using points- you're using cash and that might open the door to a bundle deal. If you're paying cash to a member for point rental, you are ultimately using points and not paying cash directly to Disney. The member you're renting from is in the same boat as if they were using the reservation themselves, in that a point based stay doesn't bundle ticket packages.

If anyone hears otherwise from DVC member services, please chime in! :D

Hi all, ok so I would get $750 gift card and my rate would go up about $180.

If a room rate comes out later that I qualify for, can I dump this and take that instead? Just want to make sure before I do this…

The room & AP discounts only go to early July. The dining promo is the only one going into September right now. Room discounts for later summer & into September will probably come out later. Typically those are released sometime in April.

Last edited:
so if I stay four nights at Beach Club last week in August I would get a $750 promo card for food? This offer has me so confused. I can't tell if it's a deal or not. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter