• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New dining gift card discount. UPDATE WITH LINK TO OFFER

I’d ask your TA for clarification about the point below. It’s listed under “Important Details about this offer.” on the Disney website.

One Disney Dining Promo Card per room—valid for packages that include up to $1,000 on a Disney Dining Promo Card. If a package includes more than $1,000 on a Disney Dining Promo Card, the value will be distributed across more than one Disney Dining Promo Card.
Just realized based on the post above yours that my checkin date falls when the gift card amount is $125 per night, not $150.

Hmm, you may want to check if you are even getting the gift card. The wording sounds like the check in has to be between 7/1-7/10 for $125 a night or between 8/1-9/14 to get $150 a night. A late July checkin would not qualify for the offer at all.

ETA: Just looked searched, and it does appear to allow you to book that package with a check-in between 7/10-7/31, and I noticed this verbiage on the offer details.
7/1-7/10 and 8/1-9/14 are $150. June 25-30 and July 11-31 are $125.

My TA would not have sent me a new package quote if I didn’t qualify for the offer.

7/1-7/10 and 8/1-9/14 are $150. June 25-30 and July 11-31 are $125.

My TA would not have sent me a new package quote if I didn’t qualify for the offer.
Yeah, I after I replied I realized the information I was looking at was for the $150 price as far as check-in dates. Saw the box later that showed mid-to-end july was $125 a night.

Glad we figured it out! Disney definitely makes it as confusing as possible.

Exactly! I am confused.
I chatted with "Lake" on the Disney site. She confirmed it was the offered amount per night, not necessarily capped at $750. She told me we would get $1500 for the 10 nights on two seperate cards, one for $1000 and one for $500. I did take screenshots, not that it means anything. I wish Disney would not be so ambiguous in their offer writing. Looking forward to hearing what others have heard or been told. I did not use a TA.

I chatted with "Lake" on the Disney site. She confirmed it was the offered amount per night, not necessarily capped at $750. She told me we would get $1500 for the 10 nights on two seperate cards, one for $1000 and one for $500. I did take screenshots, not that it means anything. I wish Disney would not be so ambiguous in their offer writing. Looking forward to hearing what others have heard or been told. I did not use a TA.
I just chatted with “Topaz” on the Disney site. She told me $750 was the max.
I like Lake’s answer better. :rotfl2:
Keep those screen shots!

I have a feeling we’re not going to know for sure until someone who has a lengthy moderate or deluxe stay checks in on June 25th and checks their promo card balance.

I just chatted with “Topaz” on the Disney site. She told me $750 was the max.
I like Lake’s answer better. :rotfl2:
Keep those screen shots!

I have a feeling we’re not going to know for sure until someone who has a lengthy moderate or deluxe stay checks in on June 25th and checks their promo card balance.
I agree. I am definitely saving them, though I doubt it will do much good if she is wrong. I've read comments on Instagram about TA's confirming for their clients it is more than the $750 for longer stays, but..... Disney needs to be more specific with their wording. If it were capped at $750, I'm not sure why they would mention any amounts over $1000 would be on seperate gift cards. Uggh.

Can anyone see the restaurants that are eligible?
Any restaurant that accepts gift cards, which is basically all on site restaurants.

These are the exclusions that are listed, which looks to be limited to off site hotels and merchandise/candy stores
  • Merchandise locations and candy kitchens
  • Dining locations at Walt Disney World Swan Hotel, Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel and Walt Disney World Swan Reserve Hotel
  • Dining locations at Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort
  • Dining locations at Disney Springs Resort Area Hotels
  • Dining locations at Walt Disney World Official Hotels at Bonnet Creek
  • Dining locations at Walt Disney World Gateway Hotels

I chatted with "Huntley" about the amount of my gift card since I'll be at POR 9/9-9/17 He said $600 since the offer ends on 9/14 It's never been like that with offers before.

I chatted with "Huntley" about the amount of my gift card since I'll be at POR 9/9-9/17 He said $600 since the offer ends on 9/14 It's never been like that with offers before.
I'll be honest, most CM is likely not knowledgeable enough on the different offers. The amount you get is based on check-in date and needs to be used by 9/30, which is why the final check-in day is mid september. You should get the full amount based on the check-in day.

I hope so.

Yes. This is the part that bugs me, even after you book. The bolded is the only thing it says on my confirmation.

Special Offer: Stay, Play and Enjoy a Disney Dining Promo Card​

If you go o. The Disney official website there is a chart telling you how much you will get. It depends on where you are staying and the dates of your stay. I modified my package to include the dining card. We are staying at Port Orlens Riverside 9/9-19 and received $100 per night per room. We are staying 10 nights so our card is for $1000. The price of our entire package increased by a total of $98 for the entire stay ( different room rates for the card promo) I gladly paid $98 for $1000 free dining!

If you go o. The Disney official website there is a chart telling you how much you will get. It depends on where you are staying and the dates of your stay. I modified my package to include the dining card. We are staying at Port Orlens Riverside 9/9-19 and received $100 per night per room. We are staying 10 nights so our card is for $1000. The price of our entire package increased by a total of $98 for the entire stay ( different room rates for the card promo) I gladly paid $98 for $1000 free dining!
I saw the chart, it’s just not very clear to me.
It would be nice, and it would make sense if your gift card amount was on the confirmation. But it isn’t.

Staying a week at Poly starting June 23 and called this morning and it is not capped at $750...my dining card will have $875 on it ($125 x 7). Now when i rebooked the price of tickets had increased by about $200 so in reality i netted $675. Hopefully this is helpful.

We did a BC/Poly split April 2022. I’d do Poly for $300 more personally
Im debating the same but YC or Poly. I have stayed at both multiple times and it is hard to get a discount at the Poly… but that ongoing construction is a turnoff, not sure I want to risk it. And nothing beats the YC/BC pool plus the walk into Epcot World showcase. First world decisions lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter