New Dining Plan Brochure?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's really no reason to be afraid of the technical change......They're simpling going to prevent misuse & officially run the plan in the spirit it was written :sunny:

I also noticed that the wording for the snacks popcorn:: is a little different. :woohoo: Now it says some examples of snacks are, and then goes on to list the same "examples" as before.

(This is copied and pasted without the fancy pictures :rotfl: )

Some examples of eligible Snack options include:

Frozen Ice-Cream Novelty,
Popsicle or Fruit Bar
Popcorn Scoop
(single serving box)
Single Piece of
Whole Fruit
Single serving Bag
of Snacks
20 oz. Bottle of Coke®, Diet Coke ®,
Sprite® or 24 oz. Dasani® Water
Medium Fountain
Soft Drink
12 oz Coffee, Hot
Chocolate, or Hot Tea
Single serving Prepackaged
Milk or Juice

Look for this symbol at Quick Service, Cart, and select merchandise locations for eligible snack options on the Disney Dining Plan. You can also find selected
Snack locations throughout the Walt Disney World® Resort. Most cart and merchandise locations selling frozen ice-cream novelties, popcorn or Coca-Cola® products accept your Disney Dining Plan.

Does this mean there will be separtae card sfor each person? That is the only way to really enforce this. I was planning on saving some credits, now I'll have a back up plan in place- either more CS or pay $$ for the extra TS!

Do they give you that brochure at check-in? I arrive at DisneyWorld on Sunday and have the Dining Plan.

We received the most current brochure at our check in. They wouldn't have to place credits on each card separately. They could just make more categories--child's TS, adult TS, child CS, adult CS, snack.

All they are doing is closing a loophole that was allowing some people to get triple what they paid for. People will be required to use the plan the way it was designed and intended.

It has been explained to me that the change in the works will "officially" differentiate adult & child credits. It will work the same as it does now as far as the KTTW cards are concerned.

For example, a family of 2 adults & 2 children (under age 9) are staying for 3 nights. They start out with a total of 12 TS credits & 12 CS credits.....They eat their first TS meal (1 credit) & use DDP.

Currently, when they receive their reciept, it will show a total of 8 TS credits remaining. Once the change is in place, their reciept will show 4 Adult Credits & 4 Child credits remaining.....

When they eat at their first CS location, it will be the same......

What that means is that people won't be able to pay OOP for their childrens' meals & use the child credits to pay for adult meals. They'll have to use the childrens' credits ON meals offered on the kid's menu.

Thanks for posting the language from the new brochure! I have an old computer that can't "see" lots of things. Like pdf files, for example.

I am not the least bit surprised that they are doing this. It's about time, really. It won't make a difference to us because we use the credits as though they were separated to differentiate adult vs. child anyway. I think there was one time last year that we ordered an adult CS burger for DS because there weren't any on the kids menu. If we need to pay OOP we will - no big deal.

I have been thinking about all this for a while. I am considering sharing some meals (basically because it seems like a lot of food), but that would leave us with leftover TS if we didn't share. I was feeling guilty about it, though and have been debating it back and forth. Anyway, a little background - we will have 3A (dh, me and ds10) and 1C (DD8). We are going for 9 days, so we will officially have 27A TS and 9C TS. If Disney does separate the credits - could I not use the child credits as I choose? I paid for 27A TS and 9C TS, so if I wanted to use a child credit and order off the child's menu for DS (nonbuffet/family style), I should be able to, right? I went to allears, looked at the menus, took into consideration the sharing we were considering and when I added up the "credits" (with the extra meal), it added up to 27A TS and 9C TS. I'm not sure if my thoughts are right, but it seems to me if they divide the credits and track them separately (which I don't have a problem with), then you should be able to distribute them amongst your party as you please - does that make sense?

akalittleeva said:
I have been thinking about all this for a while. I am considering sharing some meals (basically because it seems like a lot of food), but that would leave us with leftover TS if we didn't share. I was feeling guilty about it, though and have been debating it back and forth. Anyway, a little background - we will have 3A (dh, me and ds10) and 1C (DD8). We are going for 9 days, so we will officially have 27A TS and 9C TS. If Disney does separate the credits - could I not use the child credits as I choose? I paid for 27A TS and 9C TS, so if I wanted to use a child credit and order off the child's menu for DS (nonbuffet/family style), I should be able to, right? I went to allears, looked at the menus, took into consideration the sharing we were considering and when I added up the "credits" (with the extra meal), it added up to 27A TS and 9C TS. I'm not sure if my thoughts are right, but it seems to me if they divide the credits and track them separately (which I don't have a problem with), then you should be able to distribute them amongst your party as you please - does that make sense?

Okay, I'm not 100% sure what you are asking so I may be wrong, :smooth: but if I am understanding.....The only problem that I can see you might have is only being able to order 1 child's meal at a time. It isn't to say your other child couldn't be the one to eat that meal, but you problem wouldn't not be able to order one for each. However, your server might let you order a child's meal and charge you for the adult meal. Did I get it? :confused3

akalittleeva said:
I have been thinking about all this for a while. I am considering sharing some meals (basically because it seems like a lot of food), but that would leave us with leftover TS if we didn't share. I was feeling guilty about it, though and have been debating it back and forth. Anyway, a little background - we will have 3A (dh, me and ds10) and 1C (DD8). We are going for 9 days, so we will officially have 27A TS and 9C TS. If Disney does separate the credits - could I not use the child credits as I choose? I paid for 27A TS and 9C TS, so if I wanted to use a child credit and order off the child's menu for DS (nonbuffet/family style), I should be able to, right?

No, you would have to use a child credit for your DD & an adult credit for your DS.

akalittleeva said:
I went to allears, looked at the menus, took into consideration the sharing we were considering and when I added up the "credits" (with the extra meal), it added up to 27A TS and 9C TS. I'm not sure if my thoughts are right, but it seems to me if they divide the credits and track them separately (which I don't have a problem with), then you should be able to distribute them amongst your party as you please - does that make sense?

Right now, most restaurants are allowing adults (and adult aged kids) to order off the kid's menu but charge an Adult credit for that meal. (From what I've heard here, the portions are bigger when using an adult credit on a kid's meal).......

I'm not sure I understand either, but let me take a stab at it!

Are you asking this:
If the 4 of you go to dinner and you or your DH share with your DD can you order a child's meal for your DS? I would think the answer is yes. They can't force you to order food for each member of your party, and they can't stop your DD from giving her plate to your DS if she wants to! :rotfl:

So you and your DH order adult meals and you order a child's meal for your DS10 using your DD's credit. Meal costs you 2 adult TS credits and 1 child TS credit. I don't see why not. :confused3

jackskellingtonsgirl - that is one way we plan on sharing and I don't see anything wrong with that, either, but I am also thinking about if/when Disney decides to separate and tally A/C credits.

Sorry if I am confusing people - what I am thinking is if they actually track the credits separately (instead of pooling them), I would have paid for 27A TS and 9C TS for a 9 night stay. What difference would it make to anybody if we used 4C TS one night (leaving us with 5C TS) on each of us with child sized portions(not that we would, but just to say) - we paid for 9C TS and we should be able to use them how we please - Disney still gets the appropriate $. Child credits are not being used on adult meals - it is child credits and child meals. In the end all of the credits are used with child credits being ordered from childrens menus (in child portions, but necessarily for a child) and adult meals being ordered from the adult menus (but not necessarily for an adult). Does that make sense now? If they tally the credits separately and I am using them for my family, can they really stop me from ordering what I want, if I have the appropriate credits available to me, that I have already paid for. I understand now why they limit people now from ordering, based on what their card says (ie. 3A/1C cannot order 4A meals), because the points are pooled and they have no way of knowing what is left, but if they are separated credits, they would know what I had left, and I din't see how they could tell me how I can and can't use my available credits that I have paid for.

I'm confused :confused3

As long as the child's credits are used to purchase a child's meal, it shouldn't matter who actually eats that meal.

I think you would only have a problem if you wanted to pay OOP for the child's meals and use those credits for adult meals. That would give you 36 adult meals instead of 27. ( I just confused myself. :rotfl2: :lmao: )

Since it doesn't sound like you're planning to do that, you should be fine.

disneyjunkie said:
I'm confused :confused3

As long as the child's credits are used to purchase a child's meal, it shouldn't matter who actually eats that meal.

I think you would only have a problem if you wanted to pay OOP for the child's meals and use those credits for adult meals. That would give you 36 adult meals instead of 27. ( I just confused myself. :rotfl2: :lmao: )

Since it doesn't sound like you're planning to do that, you should be fine.

That's exactly what I am saying - but at this point(with pooling), DS10 would technically be charged an adult TS for a childs meal (with child portions). But if there came a night that we all wanted to order from the adult menu, which we would like to, we would be unable to because our card says 3A/1C - it would not be known that DS10 had actually had a childs meal (with childs portions) previously, therefore technically using a child's credit(even though we were charged an adult credit), but with pooling it doesn't work that way. So I am just thinking if they decide to separate the credits, we should be able to distribute the credits however we please. Of course, the separating of credits is still specualtion at this point, so I am way overthinking this...

I know I am making this confusing - I don't mean to, sorry...

With these changes, sharing amongst adults to save adult credits for later won't be a problem, right?

I'm not trying to be ugly, but....I have lurked on this board for ages and ages and I have recently begun posting. I never realized that the DDP was such a matter of debate. It is none of my business what someone else chooses to do, but sometimes you just have to speak up about how you feel. Again, not trying to start any new problems.

akalittleeva said:
What difference would it make to anybody if we used 4C TS one night (leaving us with 5C TS) on each of us with child sized portions(not that we would, but just to say) - we paid for 9C TS and we should be able to use them how we please - Disney still gets the appropriate $. Child credits are not being used on adult meals - it is child credits and child meals. In the end all of the credits are used with child credits being ordered from childrens menus (in child portions, but necessarily for a child) and adult meals being ordered from the adult menus (but not necessarily for an adult). Does that make sense now?
If they tally the credits separately and I am using them for my family, can they really stop me from ordering what I want, if I have the appropriate credits available to me, that I have already paid for. I understand now why they limit people now from ordering, based on what their card says (ie. 3A/1C cannot order 4A meals), because the points are pooled and they have no way of knowing what is left, but if they are separated credits, they would know what I had left, and I din't see how they could tell me how I can and can't use my available credits that I have paid for.

I don't know of any restaurant at WDW or anywhere else that will let adults order off the children's menu and pay children's prices.

Yes, they can tell you how you can or cannot use your credits, it is their plan! Wouldn't it be easier to just follow the DDP in the spirit it was intended, rather than trying to figure out ways to work around it? It just seems that maybe it would be easier to pay oop and be able to order what you want from the menu and to eat at as many TS restaurants as you want to without worrying about which credits you are using.

Personally, we are going during free dining and we will use the DP then, but otherwise if we have to pay for it, it is not a good deal for my family.

I really don't want a debate, either - I am not trying to work around the plan, but my ds will just be 10 when we go and I know that if I don't want to pay the adult price for him, I don't have to get the plan. Most non WDW places offer childrens meals for 10 and under, and sometimes 12 and under - that is where Disney is different and I'm not complaining about it, but I'm just trying to use my credits as best I can and I'm not trying to maximize it - I'm trying to order sensibly and avoid unneccesary waste. I do not intend to order a childrens meals for adults (guess I should have used a different example) I'm just looking to order childrens meals for my "children". I know by the DDP standards, ds10 is an "adult" and I will still get the plan regardless, I was just looking to be able to use all my credits with as little waste (of food) as possible. I will be paying for each credit and using them how they were intended to be used (child credit=child meal), I was just wondering if it mattered who used the credits (in the event they separate them) - I'll just have to wait until November to see...

I'm not sure how it will work if you try to order meals in a configuration different than what is listed on your card. For example, if your DS isn't very hungry and you choose to use a credit from your DD's kids meals for BOTH kids at one meal. You would use 2A/2C. On the one hand you DO have both adult and child credits, but on the other hand your party is 3A/1C. I just don't know if they will let you do that or not. :confused3

Luckily you have time to watch the boards and see what other people are experiencing. Unfortunately there is usually a lot of variance from restaurant to restaurant and CM to CM.

{Quote}I was just wondering if it mattered who used the credits (in the event they separate them){Quote}

I guess I am confused about what it is you are trying to do. :confused3 If they do indeed separate the credits (and it sounds as if they are planning to), the reason they would do this is because they do care who uses the credits.

I can understand that you do not want to waste food, but if DS wants a child's meal, he can order that and his food is not wasted. If DD would like to order off the adult menu, DS could order for her and she could order for him off the child's menu and they could trade or share.

The reverse would have been the issue for us when my DS (20 years old now) was under 10, he would have probably called abuse if I had made him order off the children's menu :lmao: He has always wanted to eat what we were eating and now I can hardly afford to feed him :rotfl2:

Good luck figuring it all out.

akalittleeva said:
I really don't want a debate, either - I am not trying to work around the plan, but my ds will just be 10 when we go and I know that if I don't want to pay the adult price for him, I don't have to get the plan.

I totally understand what you are saying. I think the confusing part with your example is the fact that since your son is only 10, you (of course) still consider him a child, while the DDP considers him an adult. With the DDP any person age 10 or older is considered an adult, so let me change the equation a bit. Let me say that you are bringing your 21 yr old friend along instead of your son. The plan would (of course) view him as an adult. Even if this 21 yr old wanted to order off of the child's menu, he would still be charged an adult price (stay with me here). They are not going to allow an adult to be charged as a child.

So, all this being said, I think your problem will be with TS credits. From what I am reading and understanding, your son (although only 10) will be considered the same as the 21 yr old friend while ordering food. With the CS credits you could order your son the child's portion and the plan wouldn't know that it was for an adult (as the 10 yr old would be considered) unless you tried to also order your DD a childs plate at the same time. Where at the TS, they would see your son and possibly ask his age so they knew how to charge (or just look and see how the break down of adults vs children on your card was) and they would charge him the adult price no matter what he ordered.

Did I just make this more confusing :blush: I really do know what you are saying. My oldest is 17 and never liked adult fare. Once he hit a certain age, he was charged the adult price no matter what he wanted to order. On the DDP that age would be 10. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter