• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Disney Video Game...Kingdom Hearts

EUROPA

DIS Veteran
Not sure if anyone here is into the software or the gaming industry..but the gaming world is a buzz over the upcoming Kingdom Hearts video game. I saw some screen shots and video of the version in Japan about 3 months ago and it was amazing!! It's currently being translated for the English Market. A lot of sites in the US are now picking up on it and are giving peaks at the game.

IT is top notch work and most of the major Disney characters are in the game. Here is a link to a peak at the upcoming game.

Checkout the screenshots first.
http://gamers.com/game/1068033/media

Link to story.

http://gamers.com/game/1068033

Kingdom Hearts is the story of Sora, a 14-year-old boy whose world is shattered when a violent storm hits his island-paradise home, and he is separated from his two closest friends, Riku, a 5 year-old boy, and Kairi, a 14 year old girl. At the same time, there is turmoil in Disney castle. King Mickey is missing, and Court Wizard Donald and Captain Goofy set out to find him. On their travels they meet Sora on his own search for his lost friends. The three are told of ominous creatures known as the Heartless - beings without hearts derived from an unknown dimension and as it turns out, manipulated by Disney villains and the ones responsible for the devastating storm. Upon discovering the link between the Heartless, the storm and the disappearance of King Mickey, Sora, Donald and Goofy join forces and heip familiar Disney heroes to save their worlds from the Heartless.
We knew to expect something really special from this long-awaited Square and Disney Interactive collaboration--but having now actually played it has left us in awe. Kingdom Hearts astounds on so many levels, but none so much as the mind-boggling number of Disney characters found in the game--over 100. Plus, a few Square characters--new and old--add further interest.

You really have to see this to believe it. Watch Goofy fumble about, swing vine-to-vine with Tarzan, follow Winnie the Pooh throughout Pooh Corner, or call upon The Lion King`s Simba or Mushu from Mulan for tactical support during battles--anything's possible in the game. In fact, one of the craziest aspects of Kingdom Hearts is simply seeing these Disney characters interact with each other. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs' evil Queen teaming up with Jafar from Aladdin? Yup! Again, anything's possible. And most any Disney fan will find it an absolute trip.

Equally cool is just how well-detailed everything looks in the game. Characters all move with the animated fluidity you'd expect from Disney, and the settings themselves just drip with Disney style. From the forests that play home to Tarzan to the desert backdrops of Aladdin, you'd swear sometimes that the beautifully rendered environments are real Disney animation cels. Even individual stairs on a staircase have been painstakingly textured, so as to fully give the illusion that you're no longer playing a video game--you're living out a Disney movie.

Very cool looking game. Hopefully it will not be for the Playstation 2 only. It sounds like a very interesting game and considering the target demographic for the different systems, this sounds like it would be a great game for the Gamecube, although not too sure of the appeal for the XBox and PC crowd.

If this does make its way to the PC, then I will definitely be in line to purchase a copy.

Pan

I have been following this game ever sence EGM (Electronic Gaming Monthly) first reported it. I am a big gamer and cannot wait for it! it is being made with Squaresoft ( my favorite company) which created the Final Fantasy games :-)D ). I just got a PS2 demo disc with a preview of it on the disc. It is looking incredable!

The PS2 Summer Jam preview disk has an exciting trailer. You can also get a great deal of information from the squaresoft site for Kingdom Hearts:

http://www.squaresoft.com/playonline/kingdomhearts/

I've only known about this game for a few months, but I look forward to the Fall release. It is likely to be the only PS2 game I'd be willing to spend the $60 on for a new release version.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter