New DVC site a nightmare

pwwhitehead

Mouseketeer
Well I received my pin's yesterday. And what a going on just trying to register and gain access to the site as a existing member. I eventually had to call the DCV and even the person assisting had to put me on hold twice. We eventually got registered rather by luck than good judgement. The problems are as follows.

When you go to the registration page you are asked to enter a user name and password. I was lucky than I already had this from myself and my wife via the Disnet site or I would still be trying to register. (I will explain that later)

Anyway I entered the user name and password followed by the new ID and PIN. You then get asked for name, address gender not a problem. Then it's gets difficult then ask region I selected United Kingdom. Me thinks this would alter the Zip and phone number to uk style. No such luck. Guess what these fields are required to register. I had to put in a Disney ZIP code and my faulty phone number in the format of 123 234 3456. Otherwise it kept throwing up a telephone field error message.

well I thought that was it but no. It still would not register me but also did not throw up any registration error references. Another wait on hold for technical. The lady then advised me to log on via my already registered user name and password. This brought up the registration page again. Which then allowed a completed registration with the incorrect entries as detailed.

The lady stated they had made a "pigs ear" of the site. Her words not mine.:confused: :confused:

regarding the site very pretty but the user guidebook has now gone. I have broadband. But I pity any person with dial up it's so graphic intensive it would be unusable to them.

hope it gets better with time:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter