New eatery @ Saratoga Springs?

meesterjonez

Earning My Ears
Any truth to the rumors of a new sit-down restaurant at Saratoga Springs...if so, any idea when it would be completed?

we were told on a few seperate occasions by different cm's that if the need arises or if the resort warrants it they will build a full service resturant.

yes it is needed!!!! badly!!!

there were a few nights that we would have preferred to eat at a place in our resort that didnt only offer flatbreads. we would have loved to eat in a sit down resturant to end our day at our resort. instead we had to eat in the parks or DD.
we enjoyed our meal in artist pallett but the menu was seriously limited.

I agree that a sit down is needed. What is the best way to let DVC know that we deel it would be a great addition?

I guess it really isn't feasible.. but you know what i want? another elegant restaurant choice... or at least a nicer one. I think that Olivia's is always too cold and the menu limited and V&As sounds a little too OTT for me....

but yes, another sit down restaurant would be lovely no matter what!

I am with the why group. I have stayed there several times and don't see the need. DTD is not that far.

Of course, I have never found Olivia's to be that great. I don't want to eat at a sit down resturant just for "I am eating at a sit down resturant" I want it to be special.

Not to mention if they do build in then there is round two... consisting of "It's too expensive" "The menu is boring" "The menu is too exotic" "The place was too casual and kids were running around" "the place was too stuffy and my kids couldn't feel at home"

NO matter what they do we won't all be happy! LOL!

CarolA said:
I am with the why group. I have stayed there several times and don't see the need. DTD is not that far.

Of course, I have never found Olivia's to be that great. I don't want to eat at a sit down resturant just for "I am eating at a sit down resturant" I want it to be special.

Not to mention if they do build in then there is round two... consisting of "It's too expensive" "The menu is boring" "The menu is too exotic" "The place was too casual and kids were running around" "the place was too stuffy and my kids couldn't feel at home"

NO matter what they do we won't all be happy! LOL!

absolutely true! :laughing:

A few weeks ago i was told by two CMs at SSR and by a guide down there that a restaurant was being built in the new section. Then my guide told me the same thing on the phone after I got back home.

when I was there - Artist Pointe was not doing enough business to warant a second restuarant.

but the newer section that DVC hasn't started yet will be further away - so maybe one there would be nice. At the least a snack bar.

IMHO the Artist Pallet doesn't do enough business...because the selection there isn't very appealing :sad2: ...especially for children that are "PICKY" eaters. I love my "HOME RESORT, SSR" but I will probably avoid staying there in the future until they have another restaurant with better food choices available.

SueOKW........ I see we're nieghbors! :wave2:

JerJan said:
SueOKW........ I see we're nieghbors! :wave2:

Howdy! :cool1: We live down in Portage Lakes - and i work in Cleveland - - 45 miles one way every day!! The commute alone is one of the reasons I bought into DVC - - forced vacation with a place that provides transportation!! ha ha!!

ps - - i love your home resort too - i took a self guided tour of the unit -t he decor was lovely... i really enjoyed the pool - and such a lovely spa!

I must be one of the rare ones. I love Artist Pallete's food. The kids menu is the same as everywhere else. Typical kids stuff...chicken nugggets etc.

3DisneyNUTS said:
I must be one of the rare ones. I love Artist Pallete's food. The kids menu is the same as everywhere else. Typical kids stuff...chicken nugggets etc.

Do you think they'll rehab and re-open Seasons? I assume it just sitting there...wasn't it in the LBV clubhouse....seems like that would be an option that could be opened easily and at fairly low cost.

I was told by a manager about 10 days ago that the final approval has been given and a new restaurant is a go. Now, that could just be speculation as we often see on the boards, but just wanted to share!

spiceycat said:
when I was there - Artist Pointe was not doing enough business to warant a second restuarant.
. . .

Yes, IMHO that's because the selection at Artist Pallet is so poor. There is not much to select, expecially for picky eaters.

Personally I think the food at SSR is amoung the best fast food in Disney... I don't need another hamburger/hotdog place.

I thought Artist Point is where Seasons was?

We stayed at SSR last October for a few nights.

Since we were in a studio - we spent a lot of time in the lounge around the corner from AP. (Okay - but it's a good excuse... :) )

Anyway - the bartender told us that, if you walk out the back door of the lounge - which leads to the stairs that take you down to clubhouse - if you look to your right, you can see where there is an enclosed seating area from a restaurant they used to have for the clubhouse.

He thought that they would be using that area for a full service restaurant in the future...

I saw that seating area Beth on our last trip. Interestingly, I was told something diffrent...
Two CMs there told me the restaurant would be built in the new section they are building on the opposite side of the check in.

spiceycat said:

but the newer section that DVC hasn't started yet will be further away - so maybe one there would be nice. At the least a snack bar.

I could be in the minority here, but looking at the menu on Deb's website does not make me want to go to this place. It seems like an okay place for lunch, IF you are spending the afternoon swimming or something, but that's about it.
DH and I have this ongoing discussion of where to stay in 2006. We want to try SSR, but it's lack of dining is huge for us. We like sit down resort restaurants, especially for breakfast. My kids love Cape May Cafe-type places for breakfast. It's a great way to start the day for us. :) We also would like the option of eating dinner at the resort and not having to eat in the parks or DTD every night. Flat breads for dinner are just not appealing to us. Every thing else about the resort seems awesome. I just wish they'd address this one area. :wizard:

lenshanem said:
A few weeks ago i was told by two CMs at SSR and by a guide down there that a restaurant was being built in the new section. Then my guide told me the same thing on the phone after I got back home.

I wish DVC would just formally address this.

Here's a link to a post that I made several months ago showing the drawings filed with the country for the new construction at SSR:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=787527

Unless these plans were later amended, I don't see anything that would be indicative of a new restaurant.

It's not that I question the things that people are being told by their Guides. But since this seems to be an issue that comes-up over and over again, if a solution is in the works, I'm left to wonder why DVC doesn't just openly address it. Seems they have a lot more to gain by announcing a new restaurant and/or themed pool area than by keeping it quiet.

When we bought our points almost 2 years ago Congress Park was the only area under construction, yet we still received a map with full plans for the current 12 buildings--with 8 of the 12 listed as "future construction." Why not do something similar at this point with the Phase 3 areas?

On the issue of food, I find it interesting that Disney seems to be leaning toward more...eclectic offerings in recent months. Flatbread at SSR...noodles in Tomorrowland...Italian at Pinocchio Village Haus. I assume these changes stem from feedback Disney has received from guests. If not, it could prove to be an expensive mistake. Either way, it will be interesting to see how this situation plays-out in the coming months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter