• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Kong Attraction?

Seeker615

Harry Potter Fanatic!
Hi

Anybody have any info on the new Kong attraction?

I want to plan another Universal trip next fall and was wondering if it would done by then? Any other new attractions coming as well?

Unlikely it will be done by then. Perhaps end of the year but more likely early 2016. Lots of rumours floating around about other new stuff but nothing definite.

I'm hearing a lot of rumors over on some of the other sites. There's still talk of a new attraction for 2015 whether it's Kong or not remains to be seen. Some rumors are pointing to a replacement for twister. But, if Twister remains open through the Holidays it would need to be a quick change over.

If anything, Transformers proved Uni can move quick if properly motivated.

They can move fast, but Transformers was relatively easy to do since it already existed outside the florida parks and was essentially copied for Orlando.Kong ( if what the rumors say are true) will not be a carbon copy of the existing kong in Hollywood.

They can move fast, but Transformers was relatively easy to do since it already existed outside the florida parks and was essentially copied for Orlando.Kong ( if what the rumors say are true) will not be a carbon copy of the existing kong in Hollywood.

Still, I think fall of next year is a very real possibility. Universal doesn't mess around when it comes to construction. The Jaws attraction closed on 01/02/2012 it was then dismantled, and all of Diagon Alley was constructed and open to the public by July of 2014. Pretty impressive if you ask me.

True, but if most of the logistics are already figured out, building it should go pretty quick as long as the weather doesn't slow anything down or construction delays come in to play like at DA.

Heard over the weekend Twister will soon be replaced with The Jimmy Fallon Experience. NASCAR Cafe will be replaced with NBC Sports bar. Stayed at Portofino with all sorts of NBC executives.

Heard over the weekend Twister will soon be replaced with The Jimmy Fallon Experience. NASCAR Cafe will be replaced with NBC Sports bar. Stayed at Portofino with all sorts of NBC executives.

Yep, nbc sports arena has been rumored and slated for over a year now.

Also in 2015 it is now rumored for NBA city to become Cheesecake Factory.

Many reports have said that Universal is planning on spending $500 million per year over the next few years, and are going to introduce something big every year. It's possible that Jimmy Fallon could be the "new thing" for 2015, but they haven't even started yet - it's hard to imagine anything being completed and introduced in 2015 other than Kong, as it's the only attraction that's in progress.

If they really are going to do a major attraction / expansion every year, the rumors look like this:
2014 - Diagon Alley
2015 - ???
2016 - King Kong
2017 - new water park
2018 - Ministry of Magic

Other than King Kong being early, has anyone heard anything in the works for the next year or so? I'm surprised Universal isn't trying to add something to Jurassic Park to tie in with the new movie this summer- that would have made perfect sense.

Rumors about Twister closing after New Years for the Jimmy Fallon experience have been pretty rampant lately.But someone over on one of the other boards said there has been no confirmation and NO closing date yet for Twister..Maybe I can get one more time thru Twister on my JAn trip..But I am not optimistic

As much as I love Fallon , I am not really interested in an attraction based on him...I know whatever replaces Twister has to fit in the existing building, but they have to come up with something better...Maybe an attraction based on the Universal Classic Monsters..they are so under-represented

What kind of attraction would be a Jimmy Fallon attraction? I don't see that being very well received.

I love the Universal Monster idea. I love the classic horror stuff!

Many reports have said that Universal is planning on spending $500 million per year over the next few years, and are going to introduce something big every year. It's possible that Jimmy Fallon could be the "new thing" for 2015, but they haven't even started yet - it's hard to imagine anything being completed and introduced in 2015 other than Kong, as it's the only attraction that's in progress.

If they really are going to do a major attraction / expansion every year, the rumors look like this:
2014 - Diagon Alley
2015 - ???
2016 - King Kong
2017 - new water park
2018 - Ministry of Magic

Other than King Kong being early, has anyone heard anything in the works for the next year or so? I'm surprised Universal isn't trying to add something to Jurassic Park to tie in with the new movie this summer- that would have made perfect sense.

There were rumors awhile ago of an overhaul to the Jurassic Park area, but I haven't heard anything about it in awhile..it included a dark ride In the Discovery center and a family friendly coaster

any idea if Kong will be similiar to the old ride?

There are a LOT of rumors out there - some say it will be a tram, others say it will be individual "safari trucks" like the safari at AK, with a TM "driver" onboard to narrate. It's supposed to be a mix of 3D and audioanimatronics, with an enormous Kong somewhere in there. Also, there's rumors that the animatronic Kong will actually be able to run.

If it can actually do all of the above - or heck, even most of it - it will be phenomenal.

Just got back..They are making TREMENDOUS progress on this attraction..I got an awesome view from pteranodon flyers this week.The front of the building actually looks like it could be the makings of the HUGE doors on Skull Island that contain Kong and the lost world..If this ride ISNT Kong, it is something equally impressive..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter