• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Laniwai amenities time limit?

dvchousley

Earning My Ears
Anyone aware of a policy change at Lanwai spa that limits access to the hydrotherapy and outdoor gardens to just 1 hour before your treatment and no access after your treatment?

I just booked a treatment for an upcoming trip and was informed of this limitation, but on two prior trips, we were allowed to utilize the hydrotherapy and outdoor gardens for 1 hour before our treatment and for as long as desired following our treatment. The CM suggested there has always been a limitation just 1 hour before, but that obviously isn't true since we personally enjoyed the amenities for quite some time after our treatment during our 2018 and 2021 trips and were encouraged to do so by CMs.

Wondering if anyone else has experienced or been told the same?

I have heard the same but can confirm that at least pre-Covid there was not this restriction. Or if there was it was lightly advertised and not enforced. But I was aware of it and am planning for it for July.

I have heard the same but can confirm that at least pre-Covid there was not this restriction. Or if there was it was lightly advertised and not enforced. But I was aware of it and am planning for it for July.
That’s what I thought. Thanks for confirming my memory :D! It’s such an expensive (though amazing) experience, so the additional time with other amenities softens the blow…lol

We enjoyed Laniwai when we were there a few weeks ago and ... I am not sure if anyone checks and enforces it, but they would surely know because they sort of expect you to check out after getting dressed, etc.

When I reserved, when they called to confirm, when I arrived, I was told multiple times that my treatment time was 11am but my arrival time was 10am, so that I could enjoy the hydrotherapy areas. I specifically asked about later access (because most resort spas include access to the common areas on the same day) and was told no. I didn't feel like 1 hour was quite enough, so if I could do it over again, I would have tried to check in a little early.

We enjoyed Laniwai when we were there a few weeks ago and ... I am not sure if anyone checks and enforces it, but they would surely know because they sort of expect you to check out after getting dressed, etc.

When I reserved, when they called to confirm, when I arrived, I was told multiple times that my treatment time was 11am but my arrival time was 10am, so that I could enjoy the hydrotherapy areas. I specifically asked about later access (because most resort spas include access to the common areas on the same day) and was told no. I didn't feel like 1 hour was quite enough, so if I could do it over again, I would have tried to check in a little early.
Thanks for the info! In my prior experience, even if you arrive an hour early, you spend a significant portion of that getting oriented and changed and then they call you to be ready for your treatment in the tranquility room like 10 mins before your treatment, so you don't actually get the full hour to enjoy the amenities. Such a bummer that they're enforcing such a restriction!

Only having a firm 1 hour access to the spa amenities is a huge outlier for high end spas. I wonder if they are looking to sell day passes or otherwise monetize the facilities. BC I never found them to be oversubscribed

Yeah I wonder if you can arrive 1:15 early so you have 15 minutes to check in and change and such

Anyone aware of a policy change at Lanwai spa that limits access to the hydrotherapy and outdoor gardens to just 1 hour before your treatment and no access after your treatment?

I just booked a treatment for an upcoming trip and was informed of this limitation, but on two prior trips, we were allowed to utilize the hydrotherapy and outdoor gardens for 1 hour before our treatment and for as long as desired following our treatment. The CM suggested there has always been a limitation just 1 hour before, but that obviously isn't true since we personally enjoyed the amenities for quite some time after our treatment during our 2018 and 2021 trips and were encouraged to do so by CMs.

We were told the same…..to arrive 1 hour prior to our spa appointment
Yeah I wonder if you can arrive 1:15 early so you have 15 minutes to check in and change and such
I think we will try this and see. We have a 10 am appt on my birthday next month. Now I am wondering what time they open. I thought it was 10 am so will someone be there at 0900 to let us in?

Only having a firm 1 hour access to the spa amenities is a huge outlier for high end spas. I wonder if they are looking to sell day passes or otherwise monetize the facilities. BC I never found them to be oversubscribed
Every time I see vlogs it's practically empty. I'm sure you don't want people spending 8 hours in there, but a 1 hour limit kind of detracts from the value of treatments.

That's what I told DH to do before his treatment - He made it a tiny bit early but not terribly so. I would try that.

It was not crowded when I was there - for a late AM appt, though when I was leaving the locker room was pretty busy (had 4 people in it). When I arrived it was empty and I saw 6 people in the entire outdoor area.

I've been to the spa both pre and post pandemic. Before the pandemic (March 2020), there was no time limit. They used to recommend coming in an hour early so you could relax before your spa service, and then you could use the amenities until close. It was so nice. The massages are hit and miss, but the spa experience was always worth the cost. A few minutes of relaxing alone - that's what I was wanted (alone time).

Fast forward to June 2021 - I booked a massage while at home and no one said anything about time limits. I showed up an hour and a half early, thinking I could leisurely change and unwind with a book in the rain garden, but I wasn't allowed to enter the spa until the hour mark before my service. This was weird, but it was COVID, so I figured ok - go with it. It took 5 minutes for someone to come get me, and then another 15 minutes to run through protocols and change. Then I was able to relax in the garden; I was in there for maybe 15 - 20 minutes when a staff member came and got me to take me to my service. She took me into the waiting room to wait for my service (which was very crowded - all the chairs were full). I waited there for 20 minutes and then was taken back for my massage. The massage was lack luster and ended about 10 minutes early (still don't know why) and I was taken back out to the locker room.

That said, I didn't really care. It was quiet and I was excited to head back out for a few minutes of quite before my toddler woke up from her nap. I needed the quiet. However, a staff member told me I couldn't head back out, and needed to finish up and go. The whole experience felt very rushed and I came out more stressed than when I went in.

We've been back to Aulani a few times since that massage and I have forgone my normal massage (my mom treat for the year). However, now that we are headed back in a few weeks and the pandemic is officially over, I figured why not. I just tried to book and was told that the time limits are still in place. Literally called this afternoon. This makes no sense.

If anyone knows why the time limits are sticking around please let me know. Even before the pandemic the garden was never crowded enough to warrant time limits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter