New member “welcome home”

Nikkimouse44

Mouseketeer
I have heard from others that member service had sent them a “gift” after they became members (back pack, magnet, water bottles type things).

Is that still the case? Does that apply to resale members? Is that something randomly done like pixie dust? Something we have to ask for (if so who do we ask)?

Also, when we go to the parks, how do we know if there are any DVC giveaways like during the holidays when they were doing the sliders?

I think there have been mixed results with regard to a gift for new direct members, but I'm 99% certain it's only for direct purchases. Disney really would have no need to gift a resale contract. We've purchased several resale contracts over the years and didn't see any gifting! As for how do you know if there's a DVC giveaway? I'd say monitor the boards here, and/or ask at any of the many DVC pavilions located at each park and most/all(?) resorts, plus Disney Springs..... So Welcome Home anyway!!

I think there have been mixed results with regard to a gift for new direct members, but I'm 99% certain it's only for direct purchases. Disney really would have no need to gift a resale contract. We've purchased several resale contracts over the years and didn't see any gifting! As for how do you know if there's a DVC giveaway? I'd say monitor the boards here, and/or ask at any of the many DVC pavilions located at each park and most/all(?) resorts, plus Disney Springs..... So Welcome Home anyway!!
Thank you so much! I figured as much on the resale front, but figured I’d ask. We have a trip booked for the holiday season (early December) so I’ll be sure to keep an eye out :)

We got a DVCResale backpack this past fall when we closed on a contract. I guess it depends on the company.

DVC sends out the new member gift to anyone who buys a direct contract. I have gotten the gift for each of my 2 direct contract. I did not get a gift when I bought resale, but if you work with certain brokers, they might send something nice

@Nikkimouse44 Welcome Home!!

In all seriousness, you can get a gift of availability for your Welcome Home visit.

You must call Member Services and not book yourself for your first visit. MS is able to sprinkle some pixie dust and pull rooms that Disney is renting for cash and allow you to use them with points. Availability is still limited but this helps get what you need/want. Again this only for your first reservation and you must call to do it.

In all seriousness, you can get a gift of availability for your Welcome Home visit.

You must call Member Services and not book yourself for your first visit. MS is able to sprinkle some pixie dust and pull rooms that Disney is renting for cash and allow you to use them with points. Availability is still limited but this helps get what you need/want. Again this only for your first reservation and you must call to do it.
Only for direct though, right?

This is also only for new, direct members. DVC will not assist with a "Welcome Home" booking for resale members. There may not even be points available for use in the next 6 months depending on the contract purchased.

We’ve received a gift from DVC for each of our direct contracts. For the first three, it was the DVC backpack. For the last one, it was the water bottle and cooling towel gift box.

Backpack:
IMG_0858.jpeg

Gift Box:
IMG_5641.jpeg

Last edited:
As pictured by DonMacGregor above, we received the DVC backpacks when we bought direct in 2021, and the water bottles + cooling towels when we bought direct in 2023. They sent 2 of each, I assume because my DW and I are listed as the owners. When we bought resale in 2023, DVC Resale Market sent a backpack with their name on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter