*~*NEW October 2013 Thread*~* Our Month Has Arrived!

My husband and I are surprising our kids (DD age 9 and DS age 7) with our VERY FIRST EVER Disney trip! I'm completely new to ALL of this and have been a researching fool for months now. I've really enjoyed this site.......it has been invaluable to me while trying to get a grip on everything involved in planning for a Disney vacation! We will be staying at Art of Animation from 10/5 - 10/12! I've purchased tickets for MNSSHP on 10/10 because everyone seems to have really great things to say about it. I want my family to experience as much of the "must do and must eat at" as possible. ;0) We still haven't quite figured out how we are going to tell the kiddos, so I'll take anyone's great ideas! We're leaning towards not telling them until we arrive! We will be driving from Tennessee and they will probably assume we are doing our usual beach trip, so that would be fun to watch them see that Disney arch and figure it out!

I have the following ADRs scheduled:

10/6 - Bkfast at Cinderella's Royal Table
Dinner at Chef Mickey's
10/7 - Dinner at 'Ohana
10/8 - Dinner at Sci-Fi Dine In Theater
10/9 - Bkfast at 'Ohana
10/10 - Dinner at Tony's Town Square (b/c that's our MNSSHP night & I read that it's a great place to be eating dinner when the halloween parade starts?? I'm tellin' ya....I'm totally relying on all you experts out there for this type of advice! lol )

I'm currently trying really hard to get an ADR for dinner at T-Rex on 10/11, but it's totally booked up already. I think my 7yr old son would LOVE that place! I'm going to keep trying and hope it works out.

I also pre-ordered our Photo Pass + today because I read so many great reviews on it.

I'm still needing to get everyone a disney lanyard and a batch of pins to get us started with the pin trading....my kids are going to LOVE that! I'm not sure at the ages of 7 and 9 if they need a child's size lanyard or an adult?? If anyone knows, I'd appreciate their advice on the best lanyard for their ages. =0)

Like I said, I welcome any and all of your expert advice!

Thanks!!!!

Welcome from a fellow first-timer!! :grouphug:

Hey All! DH and I will be taking our first trip to WDW this October! We're going to be staying at POR from 10/10 until 10/15. Looking forward to learning all the expert tips from people here!

My husband and I are surprising our kids (DD age 9 and DS age 7) with our VERY FIRST EVER Disney trip!

I'm still needing to get everyone a disney lanyard and a batch of pins to get us started with the pin trading....my kids are going to LOVE that! I'm not sure at the ages of 7 and 9 if they need a child's size lanyard or an adult?? If anyone knows, I'd appreciate their advice on the best lanyard for their ages. =0)

I'm going to be watching the answers to this question closely - I am still waffling on the pin thing, I know my son would LOVE it but then I'd have to get a lanyard for my DD too...which I totally want to do! lol

I'm currently trying really hard to get an ADR for dinner at T-Rex on 10/11, but it's totally booked up already. I think my 7yr old son would LOVE that place! I'm going to keep trying and hope it works out.

Welcome!

I just wanted to say, I have heard that it's actually better to call the T -Rex restaurant directly to book a reservation (sorry I don't have the number). My understanding is that it's not actually a Disney owned restaurant so they keep a number of reservations separate from Disney. It's worth a shot! :)

cajaput said:
My husband and I are surprising our kids (DD age 9 and DS age 7) with our VERY FIRST EVER Disney trip! I'm completely new to ALL of this and have been a researching fool for months now. I've really enjoyed this site.......it has been invaluable to me while trying to get a grip on everything involved in planning for a Disney vacation! We will be staying at Art of Animation from 10/5 - 10/12! I've purchased tickets for MNSSHP on 10/10 because everyone seems to have really great things to say about it. I want my family to experience as much of the "must do and must eat at" as possible. ;0) We still haven't quite figured out how we are going to tell the kiddos, so I'll take anyone's great ideas! We're leaning towards not telling them until we arrive! We will be driving from Tennessee and they will probably assume we are doing our usual beach trip, so that would be fun to watch them see that Disney arch and figure it out!

I have the following ADRs scheduled:

10/6 - Bkfast at Cinderella's Royal Table
Dinner at Chef Mickey's
10/7 - Dinner at 'Ohana
10/8 - Dinner at Sci-Fi Dine In Theater
10/9 - Bkfast at 'Ohana
10/10 - Dinner at Tony's Town Square (b/c that's our MNSSHP night & I read that it's a great place to be eating dinner when the halloween parade starts?? I'm tellin' ya....I'm totally relying on all you experts out there for this type of advice! lol )

I also pre-ordered our Photo Pass + today because I read so many great reviews on it.

Like I said, I welcome any and all of your expert advice!

Thanks!!!!

Hi!

Call T-Rex direct, like PP said. They will take down your name. We had no problems, and Disney showed no availability. Our DS7 is pretty excited about T-Rex, so you're probably right.

DS also loves Stitch so we're doing 'Ohana for breakfast too. Lilo & Stitch was just re-released on DVD, which was huge for DS!

It's also the 1st trip for our kiddos. I think it's awesome that you are going to surprise your kids, I just couldn't contain the excitement that long, LOL. Anyway, if you have an off day I would recommend one of the pirate adventures. Kids are really looking forward to the Bayou Pirate Adventure at POR, and it gives them some time away from mom & dad for a bit too. :cool1:

Thank you very much for the T-Rex advice! I will call them this afternoon and see if I can snag a dinner reservation for our trip! I wonder if they'll make one this far out??

So, what is the pirate adventure?? Is that something that both my 9yr old daughter and 7yr old son would enjoy? And is it for kids only....no parents? Sounds interesting!

Thank you very much for the T-Rex advice! I will call them this afternoon and see if I can snag a dinner reservation for our trip! I wonder if they'll make one this far out??

So, what is the pirate adventure?? Is that something that both my 9yr old daughter and 7yr old son would enjoy? And is it for kids only....no parents? Sounds interesting!

You should be able to make one this far out. We made ours at 180+ window with no problems. :thumbsup2

Here's the link about the Pirate Adventures from the WDW site below, but there's not much info on it. We're staying at POR so I got more info on the Bayou Pirate Adventure from portorleans.org website. There are 4 different cruises, but you don't have to be staying at the resort. The cost is about $35/per child, and includes lunch (9:30 AM to 11:30 AM). It's for kids only, ages 4 to 12, so I think both your kids would probably like it.

DH is going to be relaxing by the pool while I hit the SSR spa at that time! :thumbsup2

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/pirate-adventure-cruises/

Hi!

Call T-Rex direct, like PP said. They will take down your name. We had no problems, and Disney showed no availability. Our DS7 is pretty excited about T-Rex, so you're probably right.

Thanks to you guys, I just got our dinner reservation at T-Rex for 10/11!!!! I'm so excited!!!!! :yay: Thank you so very much for telling me to call them directly! I would've never done that myself.

Got real excited for a moment when I get the mail this afternoon. We got Mickey Mail! Thought it might have been a pin code.

Sadly it wasn't, it was just a promotion for the storybook rooms at the different resorts.

Oh well, the dates on the pins that have been going out wouldn't work for us anyways

Kids only. Leaves from a few resorts and is like a scavenger hunt. My daughter is signed up at cbr for our trip. It will be a surprise for her.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Hi we will be going to WDW on October 30 till Nov 5 and will be staying at AoA - Little Mermaid room!! I was hoping you could add my info to the lists as well !! Please and Thank you !! :) As for ADRs on the 30th we have one for Planet Hollywood and for the 31st we have them for Akershus Royal Banquet Hall!! Thanks again!!

Please excuse the interruption...

:yay::dance3::cheer2::banana::woohoo:DOUBLE DIGIT DANCE COMMENCING:yay::dance3::cheer2::banana::woohoo:

Thank you!:cloud9:

:) :) :) we just hit that too! 98 days- finally under 100!!! The kids and I made an awesome countdown chart on posterboard, and attached magnets to hang it on the freezer! Now the fun begins! TRYING to watch a Disney movie every evening til the trip! YAY!!!!

4kids4me said:
:) :) :) we just hit that too! 98 days- finally under 100!!! The kids and I made an awesome countdown chart on posterboard, and attached magnets to hang it on the freezer! Now the fun begins! TRYING to watch a Disney movie every evening til the trip! YAY!!!!

Wow, the movie thing is impressive! Just found out today while on hold with WDW Rec that "Babe" is a Disney movie. I did not realize that, one of our favorites, it's a classic in our house (corny, I know). :)

Wow, the movie thing is impressive! Just found out today while on hold with WDW Rec that "Babe" is a Disney movie. I did not realize that, one of our favorites, it's a classic in our house (corny, I know). :)

Haha! :-) who doesn't love "Babe"?! I didn't realize it was a Disney film either! Did you see the preview for the new Saving Mr. Banks with Tom Hanks as Walt?! Looks very good!

4kids4me said:
Haha! :-) who doesn't love "Babe"?! I didn't realize it was a Disney film either! Did you see the preview for the new Saving Mr. Banks with Tom Hanks as Walt?! Looks very good!

Too funny, I swear it was the theme music from Babe, I had a few minutes to listen to the whole song too, LOL. But I just checked the DVD and Babe is a (gasp) Universal film. Hahaha!!!

I did not see that about the new Saving Mr. Banks... I'll have to check it out! :)

:welcome: to everyone! I just updated all the lists tonight. We just got back from a stay in the Outer Banks, NC and Williamsburg, VA. Trying to get everything updated so I don't fall too far behind.

18 days to our July trip to Disney! AND 96 days until our October trip! I just realized that we are double digit dancing for two trips. Yay! :banana::banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter