New official DVC member

ollie

Ian and Lynn AKA ollie
Hi, I finally got our membership number today and I was able to make my first reservation at my home BWV! I could only get 6 out of the 8 nights I wanted for the first week of Novermber but its a start! Ian

Welcome Home Ian :) We are having a DIS Meet on the 3rd of November, you are welcome to join us :thumbsup2

KayleeUK said:
Welcome Home Ian :) We are having a DIS Meet on the 3rd of November, you are welcome to join us :thumbsup2

Hi Kaylee,

We would love to join you if poss - is there a particular thread we should be looking at for the details.
:wave2:
Thanks

Lynn

Hi Lynn sorry I called you Ian ;)

I will be posting a thread on the trip planning board a bit nearer the time :) The meet will be at Epcot for drinkies :)

KayleeUK said:
Hi Lynn sorry I called you Ian ;)

I will be posting a thread on the trip planning board a bit nearer the time :) The meet will be at Epcot for drinkies :)

Sounds brilliant Kaylee :cool1: We'll put it in the itinerary.

Don't worry it was Ian the first time- then me - it's the usual domestic for who gets hold of the mouse first ;)

Thanks

Lynn

Welcome home Ian and Lynn.

Don't listen to any of the others you really do have the best DVC resort in BWV. ;)

Bet you can't guess where my home resort is? :rotfl2:

Kev

Thanks for the Welcome Home Kev, I will pick your brains for the best room requests. When do I contact DVC to request quiet room, high floor etc?

ollie said:
Thanks for the Welcome Home Kev, I will pick your brains for the best room requests. When do I contact DVC to request quiet room, high floor etc?

I'm not Kev ;)

But we always get our requests put on the ressie at the time we make it. We had a fantastic view at BWV last August - 5th floor with a great view of TOT & Fantasmic (top of)

Miffy2003 said:
I'm not Kev ;)

But we always get our requests put on the ressie at the time we make it. We had a fantastic view at BWV last August - 5th floor with a great view of TOT & Fantasmic (top of)

Hi care to share some details, room number etc? ;) That sounds about right, I have requested a non smoking pref view room but can I request actual room numbers or is that done at check in? Ian

Hi

I think it would be very hard to get an exact room :) Although I have never tried it.

With preferred view you will be overlooking either the quiet or luna park pool. So I would put your requests in order of preference ie,

Non Smoking
High Floor
Luna Park Pool view

I wish you luck with your requests :)

Hi, so preferred view isn't necessarily looking out over Yacht and Beach, Oh!

KayleeUK said:
No thats Boardwalk View :)

So if I want a Boardwalk view, what do i ask for, preferred or standard studio or just Boardwalk View? :confused3 many thanks Ian

Ian

With the BW there are three booking classes (so to speak) which you select at the time of booking.

Boardwalk View (overlooking the BW)
Preferred View (pool views)
Standard View (less points no water view overlooking the entrance)

So if you have already booked and you just have a preferred view then you only get that option of the pools now,

You can try and call back and see if you could get a BW view(but these usually go the quickest).

Does that make sense?? :)

Ian - we wanted a Boardwalk View last time but could only get preferred, and were slightly (not very) disappointed. Well it was magical! We could see the main pool, the boats going to and fro and best of all we could hear the music when Fantasmic showed, and the higher fireworks / lasers. What I am (badly ;) ) saying is that whatever you get I bet there will be something special about it :thumbsup2

ETA some photos taken from our balcony - 5th floor, Luna Park view :)

f25e286e.jpg

f25e282b.jpg

f25e27f2.jpg

This last one was taken by mistake but does show the great view to MGM!

KayleeUK said:
How did you get on Ian??? :)

Hi Kaylee,

Ian phoned MS & is now on a wait list for a BW view, but they leave the preferred pool view booking as is until a BW view is available. :sunny:

A result either way we think ! :cool1:

Lynn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter