• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New quarantine announced by NY, NJ & CT.

The order has no enforcability. They are asking you to comply but they can not force you to. However this issue is your employer will know where you went likely and will require you to quarantine.
In New York, they will issue $2000 fines and a court ordered quarantine to those caught not abiding to it. Cuomo kept saying it would be "breaking the law". While I don't believe they will go door to door to find violators, they are encouraging employers and other residents to report people not quarantining when they should be.

I heard about the fines this morning on the news as well for NY-we're in Orange County NY. We're going mid August, don't know what to do at this point. I was going to reach out to who I rented points from to see when they expire. I know it's the sign of the times, but I"m a planner, I hate this uncertainty.

In New York, they will issue $2000 fines and a court ordered quarantine to those caught not abiding to it. Cuomo kept saying it would be "breaking the law". While I don't believe they will go door to door to find violators, they are encouraging employers and other residents to report people not quarantining when they should be.
Love thy neighbor, or tell on them if you don’t....

Love thy neighbor, or tell on them if you don’t....
And if someone does tell, how do they plan to prove it? Get warrants to check your mobile phones or credit cards to see where you used them?

And if someone does tell, how do they plan to prove it? Get warrants to check your mobile phones or credit cards to see where you used them?
Who knows? That seems like a waste of resources but what do I know? I guess this really gets to people who share every single thing on social media.

Edit: Make that a $10,000 fine according to news reports here last night.

The news is reporting that authorities will do a home visit or call to confirm if you're quarantining. I have no idea how that proves anything or what prevents people from lying about it, but its not something I'd be willing to gamble with a $10K fine at stake. NY is hurting for money right now so if there's an opportunity to catch people in the act and make an example out of them, I am sure they will do so.

NJ's is "voluntary" now... no real enforcement or fines... so it really is up to each state. It seems like this is really NY's advisory and NJ and CT tagged on as a show of (half azz'd) support

I heard about the fines this morning on the news as well for NY-we're in Orange County NY. We're going mid August, don't know what to do at this point. I was going to reach out to who I rented points from to see when they expire. I know it's the sign of the times, but I"m a planner, I hate this uncertainty.
Keep an eye on the number of cases and positivity rate. Not sure how NY's advisory is worded. The NJ advisory is based on statistics and not an outright quarantine naming specific states. If a state has 7 rolling days under 10 per 100,000 positive cases or a positivity rate under 10%, you will not have to quarantine when returning from that state. So the nine listed the other day are the ones that don't meet the requirement. I made a table to keep track of Florida's data. Waiting for the numbers to go under 2200. The positivity rate for 6/24 was 8.72%. But since 5,004 it doesn't make the requirement to try to count as the first rolling day.

I caught that. But a lot can change in 4-6 weeks, just like it did here.
You are right. Florida has increased 700% in three weeks. Unfortunately, it will take way longer than that to trend in the other direction. I live in NY and under the most strict of lockdown measures it took longer than 6 weeks. To say your take is radically optimistic is an understatement. I hope you are right.

You are right. Florida has increased 700% in three weeks. Unfortunately, it will take way longer than that to trend in the other direction. I live in NY and under the most strict of lockdown measures it took longer than 6 weeks. To say your take is radically optimistic is an understatement. I hope you are right.
Oh it’s EXTREMELY optimistic. We didn’t see what NY did up at this end of CT but our numbers shifted a lot in that time.

I just keep hoping someone in FL will wake up and start mandating masks and tracking travelers coming in from current hotspot states.

Something else to consider if you are employed within NYS

"Gov. Cuomo Issues New Executive Order Saying New York Employees Who Voluntarily Travel to High-Risk States after June 25 will Not be Eligible for COVID-19 Paid Sick Leave "

It is contained in this article from today on the NY.gov website and the executive order has been updated accordingly.

https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/go...ation-potential-covid-19-exposure-high-school

Something else to consider if you are employed within NYS

"Gov. Cuomo Issues New Executive Order Saying New York Employees Who Voluntarily Travel to High-Risk States after June 25 will Not be Eligible for COVID-19 Paid Sick Leave "

It is contained in this article from today on the NY.gov website and the executive order has been updated accordingly.

https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/go...ation-potential-covid-19-exposure-high-school
Cuomo has been much more strident about enforcing this and rightfully so given what happened in NYC. I live in CT and my job and my husband’s job were both under do not travel out of state orders since March. Those orders just ended for us last week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter