I’m not a big star wars a fan, and I really like Galaxy’s edge. What I like about it is it feels like you’re literally on a different planet. From the sounds as you enter, to the batuu language, it doesn’t feel like you’re at Disneyland. I find the ride more enjoyable than star tours.

Since I’m not a star wars a fan, when I first went, I didn’t really know what I was looking at and I didn’t understand any of the references. I’ve Learned about Star Wars over time as I’ve visited. I think this has helped me not be so critical of the land.

My only annoyance with star wars is that everything over there is more expensive. $100 droids, $200 light sabers, $40 plush toys that are labeled as “adoptable creatures”, and $8 drinks in a tiny cup can turn a lot of people off.

I have gone with some people who aren’t fans of it. They mostly complained about lack of entertainment, and things to do for kids. Which I totally understand! I have a pass so I will go there to just wander and look. If you are there for a limited time, wandering may not be something you want to do.

I'm a medium Star Wars fan, maybe serious. Does having an R2D2 birthday cake as a kid or wearing a Jawa costume to see Force Awakens on xmas day count as serious :rotfl2: Anyway, I loved the land. Lots of cool details. Felt very Star Wars to me. I do feel that the atmosphere isn't as exciting as I would like. I went during D23 Expo, 8/23. I visited the land on 3 separate days. I am also a Harry Potter fan and have been to both Wizarding Worlds in Orlando multiple times. I felt a much deeper emotional connection with the Wizarding Worlds though. I think, for me, it's the lack of music in Batuu. I think once ROTR opens, it will help to invigorate the atmosphere more. Liked Smuggler's Run, and I did gunner 3 times. I did learn how to shoot without looking at the panel much, so I got to watch the whole ride. I might be easy to please though. I wish there were more snacks and more vegetarian ones. There really isn't anything sweet to eat, except the kind of yucky popcorn.

I am torn, while our initial visit was super exciting (In June during the reservation period), looking back now, I do wish there was MORE. Don't get me wrong, the details are incredible! Walking up and seeing the Falcon was an amazing moment! Piloting the Falcon was even better.......but....besides Oga's there wasn't much else for us to enjoy. We did not and most likely will not ever do the drioid or lightsaber build. We really enjoyed walking around and looking at all the details, but don't see us doing that on every trip. We are very much looking forward to experiencing Rise, but will not make a special trip for it like we did for Galaxy's Edge.

I think, being your first trip, you will also enjoy walking around and taking in all the details. It is impressive! I enjoyed piloting the Falcon the most! Also enjoyed having a beverage at Oga's. DJ Rex is adorable! I would say at least an hour to an hour and a half (depending on crowds) to walk around and take everything in, not including ride time for SR or a reservation in Oga's. More time if you plan on building a droid or lightsaber. We didn't check out the antiquities store last time or try blue milk. Those are on the list for our November trip. Have fun!!

I guess another positive for me is the alcohol. :) I know there is plenty available in California Adventures, and in Downtown Disney , but it just feels a nice to have that option in the Main Park too. As a solo female I dont go to bars on my own, but Ogas Cantina and Disney Parks in general are a safe place for me to have a drink and experience a bar. Im not there to get dunk but to enjoy 1 or 2 drinks in a fun place.

I like Galaxy's Edge. I understand people's complaints about it not being tied to the original trilogy, but I've been wanting Disney to create something original experiences that aren't straight from films or TV. While GE is still Star Wars, I appreciate that there is still some originality to the story behind the land.

One improvement I'd like to see in Galaxy's Edge is the addition of kinetic energy. Go to any other land in the park and there's kinetic energy (Astro Orbitor in Tomorrowland, Dumbo/Casey Jr/Teacups in Fantasyland, river traffic in New Orleans, etc.), which helps set the atmosphere of the land. I know there were plans for a Bantha ride. It's a shame they cut it because it would've added so much more to the area.

I like Galaxy's Edge. I understand people's complaints about it not being tied to the original trilogy, but I've been wanting Disney to create something original experiences that aren't straight from films or TV. While GE is still Star Wars, I appreciate that there is still some originality to the story behind the land.

One improvement I'd like to see in Galaxy's Edge is the addition of kinetic energy. Go to any other land in the park and there's kinetic energy (Astro Orbitor in Tomorrowland, Dumbo/Casey Jr/Teacups in Fantasyland, river traffic in New Orleans, etc.), which helps set the atmosphere of the land. I know there were plans for a Bantha ride. It's a shame they cut it because it would've added so much more to the area.

A bantha ride would have been cool! Or an Endor speeder bike ride.

I'm really not sure if the following is going to be an exposure of my lack of anatomical knowledge of animals, but....

I had a shaak roast for dinner last week.
They're just regular ribs, right?
So, isn't the structure of it meant to be meat-bone-meat-bone-meat-bone and so on?
The way I know spareribs, you can cut the meat between two bone parts and that way take that one individual piece into your hands and nibble on it till there's only bone left.
In my Shaak Roast, however, all the bones were connected by another bone piece at a right angle, so it wasn't easy to cut between the pieces of bone. But when trying hard enough, I could get my (dull) knife through the bone piece at the end - so was that even a real bone????
This might sound crazy, but I suspect that they somehow even theme the food to make it resemble like it's from some kind of weird space animal (a Shaak!).

What do you guys think!??

To me, it sounds where the ribs are connected to the sternum.

I haven’t done it at DLR but I swung through in WDW did Smuggler’s Run and went back later for Oga’s. I’m not a fan but it was neat. I walked through in like 20 mins but I can see how a fan could spend an hour enjoying all the stuff not including the ride, light saber or droid building obviously. Smugglers Run was ok to me, must do for a fan obviously. Oga’s is a one time must do- but it’s expensive! My one glass of wine at WDW was like $17 plus tip! Cool but I’ll only return if I’m in the park with a friend who is a fan.

The detail is excellent. Everyone should at least walk through the land later in the day. Yeah, they screwed up not having the main ride operating but all the rest of the land details are there!

I'm really not sure if the following is going to be an exposure of my lack of anatomical knowledge of animals, but....

I had a shaak roast for dinner last week.
They're just regular ribs, right?
So, isn't the structure of it meant to be meat-bone-meat-bone-meat-bone and so on?
The way I know spareribs, you can cut the meat between two bone parts and that way take that one individual piece into your hands and nibble on it till there's only bone left.
In my Shaak Roast, however, all the bones were connected by another bone piece at a right angle, so it wasn't easy to cut between the pieces of bone. But when trying hard enough, I could get my (dull) knife through the bone piece at the end - so was that even a real bone????
This might sound crazy, but I suspect that they somehow even theme the food to make it resemble like it's from some kind of weird space animal (a Shaak!).

What do you guys think!??
No one got an opinion on this? :)

No one got an opinion on this? :)
The Shaak Roast is described as a pot roast, not ribs, When we had it (a while ago), I don't remember any bones, unless it was more like short ribs. But it definitely wasn't like spare ribs. Has it changed so much?

Hey guys,

I was lucky enough to spend a few days at Disneyland & DCA last week.

I often listen to Disney theme park music loops while working, so I was wondering if there is any of the music of Galaxy's Edge out there?
I'm really surprised that I can't easily find the loop from Oga's Cantina or the entrance to Galaxy's Edge on Youtube.....maybe someone of you knows where to find those?
According to my e-mail Oga's is available on these streaming media:

It's listed as Playlist #1 so maybe there's a Playlist #2 eventually?

Also it lists YouTube but I hadn't clicked on that since I have Spotify and that's easier to listen to it on. Here's the link though for YouTube that Disney gave out: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiNVoBckLqLkZiHccDJk_lYiUrlESFO9z

I've had the Kaadu ribs and I'm pretty sure they're just normal ribs with a "Star Wars"-esque name. I've occasionally come across ribs that are connected by pretty tough cartilage that almost like another bone, especially when trying to cut them with a flimsy knife.

We will be there in 9 days... have a ressie for Ogas for a Saturday around lunch. Trying to figure out when we should try and ride... we are night owls... does everyone rush over to SWGE after the late F! showing? Thinking about getting in line at like 11:30 pm or something....

Also have a strange wondering... it is obvious where the other ride is going to be when it opens? I’ve seen a lot of video and stuff and have been casually wondering if you can tell where the missing piece of the equation is going...

To some degree, yes, I think it's pretty obvious where RotR will be when it opens. Right now, it might be possible to walk by without noticing because there isn't really much happening over there, but once it opens, I doubt it'll be that quiet/empty in that area.

If you wander over to the Resistance Camp/Area, you'll see the ride entrance (it's on the same side as the two shopping kiosk). It looks like a ride entrance, down to the already installed FP scanners. There are usually a couple of CMs standing under the entrance to answer guest questions. As you walk from the Resistance Camp/Area back into Critter Country, you can see the queue area on the right as well (it doesn't look very shaded...but there are fans already installed).

Greetings,

Wife and I going to Disneyland in early December and wanting to know how to reserve (if possible) or strategies to ride the Millennium Falcon, how to make Cantina Reservations? This would be our first time to Disneyland's Galaxy's Edge. We would be arriving around 5pm. We are not staying at one of the Disney hotels.

Thank you very much in advance!
You can make reservations day of on the Disney website for Oga's. They open at 7 AM and require a credit card deposit. Check in 15-minutes before your reservation time. Single Rider is the way to go if on Smuggler's Run.

You can make reservations day of on the Disney website for Oga's. They open at 7 AM and require a credit card deposit. Check in 15-minutes before your reservation time. Single Rider is the way to go if on Smuggler's Run.
Actually, reservations are available now further in advance for Oga's Cantina. But yes check in 15 minutes before your reservation time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter