News Round Up 2017

Is it just me or are the Disney Mobile app and the entire website down? Storm related???

They were working at 5am CST when I had to do my dining reservations. I was a little surprised. It actually seemed to be working better than normal:confused3

I've been reading some pretty rave reviews of "The Muppets Take the Bowl." Any rumblings about this show going on tour or perhaps becoming a permanent fixture at a park (in some form)?

I doubt it. I think Disney is struggling with what to do with the Muppets a lot. I don't think a live tour is very lucrative. I thought the idea of the show on ABC was stupid, muppets aren't big enough to sustain a network show, but how about this new streaming service. They'll maybe want some original programming on there, a muppets variety show would be just about perfect for something like that.

The Muppets are at there best when they make fun of and parody things. A show where the Muppets make fun of Disney icons has the potential to be hilarious. Unfortunately Disney is pretty protective of its image and may not see it that way. But I for one could see a Muppet show at WDW that makes fun of all things Disney. I think the Muppets could get away with it, mainly because they don't take themselves very seriously while doing it.

The Muppets are at there best when they make fun of and parody things. A show where the Muppets make fun of Disney icons has the potential to be hilarious. Unfortunately Disney is pretty protective of its image and may not see it that way. But I for one could see a Muppet show at WDW that makes fun of all things Disney. I think the Muppets could get away with it, mainly because they don't take themselves very seriously while doing it.

although that scene from Wreck It Ralph 2 seems to poke fun at Disney Princesses, so maybe they are loosening up a bit

I could definitely see something like that also working better as a streaming service exclusive show rather than needing the broad appeal of something on network television

although that scene from Wreck It Ralph 2 seems to poke fun at Disney Princesses, so maybe they are loosening up a bit

I could definitely see something like that also working better as a streaming service exclusive show rather than needing the broad appeal of something on network television

So did Moana... "If you wear a dress and have an animal sidekick, you're a princess."- Maui

I haven't seen the clip from Wreck-it Ralph 2 but I did like scene from Moana. "If you wear a dress and have an animal sidekick, you're a princess."

So did Moana... "If you wear a dress and have an animal sidekick, you're a princess."- Maui

I haven't seen the clip from Wreck-it Ralph 2 but I did like scene from Moana. "If you wear a dress and have an animal sidekick, you're a princess."

yeah, that is a good point about Moana and definitely another example. The scene from Wreck It Ralph 2 took it even further though

Some comments on it:

• What would happen if Jasmine, Ariel, Belle, Rapunzel, Tiana, Cinderella and Pocahontas came together? It turns out, they would complain about how their moms are dead and how everyone "assumes all of your problems got solved because a big, stupid strong man stepped in."

• The princesses then start to realize that they should adapt Vanellope's casual, colorful street-style in place of their uncomfortable skirts and dresses. So, the crew changes into comfy T-shirts and shorts, with Elsa's looking like a Nike shirt emblazoned with the words "Just let it go."

• "I always thought princesses were perfect and boring," says Vanellope. Merida says something that sounds insightful, but no one understands her .... "She's from the other studio," says another princess, in a very insider joke about Pixar Animation Studios.

yeah, that is a good point about Moana and definitely another example. The scene from Wreck It Ralph 2 took it even further though

Some comments on it:

• What would happen if Jasmine, Ariel, Belle, Rapunzel, Tiana, Cinderella and Pocahontas came together? It turns out, they would complain about how their moms are dead and how everyone "assumes all of your problems got solved because a big, stupid strong man stepped in."

• The princesses then start to realize that they should adapt Vanellope's casual, colorful street-style in place of their uncomfortable skirts and dresses. So, the crew changes into comfy T-shirts and shorts, with Elsa's looking like a Nike shirt emblazoned with the words "Just let it go."

• "I always thought princesses were perfect and boring," says Vanellope. Merida says something that sounds insightful, but no one understands her .... "She's from the other studio," says another princess, in a very insider joke about Pixar Animation Studios.

Is this an actual scene or did you write it? If the former, do you have a link? If the latter, you should be a script writer!

Is this an actual scene or did you write it? If the former, do you have a link? If the latter, you should be a script writer!

It's an actual scene that was shown at D23 - but they haven't released it beyond that and you couldn't film anything as a viewer.

here is the full article from USA Today covering it:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/life...eck-ralph-sequel-disney-princesses/481531001/

And they use the original voice actors for the princesses - so Jodi Benson for Arielle, Paige O'Hara for Belle, Kristen Bell for Anna, etc.

Oops, jknezeks post wasn't on my screen when I posted.

Some comments on it:

You always see Disney fans discussing how some of the princesses are not princesses (Mulan, Pocahontas) I liked how they acknowledged that in Moana in the line just before that one "I am NOT a princess, I"m the daughter of the chief"

You always see Disney fans discussing how some of the princesses are not princesses (Mulan, Pocahontas) I liked how they acknowledged that in Moana in the line just before that one "I am NOT a princess, I"m the daughter of the chief"

yeah, I see it as there is "real world princesses" and then "Disney princesses" ... like there is "real world well priced food" vs "Disney well priced food"

I saw the Wreck It Ralph 2 princess scene. They take the jokes very, very far. Meeko is rabid and tries to bite Vanellope when she tries to pet him. Ariel starts to sing a song about her new comfy t-shirt (look at this shirt, isn't it neat). I'm still going to be slightly shocked if it makes it into the movie, maybe it will be a deleted scene.

News:

Legendary Disney animator and Imagineer Xavier Atencio passes away at age 98. Some of his biggest contributions to Imagineering include his work in Pirates of the Caribbean and Haunted Mansion, writing the lyrics to A Pirate's Life For Me and Grim Grinning Ghosts.

RIP X Atencio.

News:

Legendary Disney animator and Imagineer Xavier Atencio passes away at age 98. Some of his biggest contributions to Imagineering include his work in Pirates of the Caribbean and Haunted Mansion, writing the lyrics to A Pirate's Life For Me and Grim Grinning Ghosts.

RIP X Atencio.

This makes me incredibly sad. It's been a tough year for imagineering losses. To me, Xavier = Pirates, and the last time I heard Marty speak was at the D23 Expo Pirates panel. Strange and sad :(

News:

RIP X Atencio.

Well he was quoted previously as saying, "They'll change the redhead scene over my dead body."

In all seriousness, so appreciative for his contributions! Going to listen to Pirate's Life now...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter