News Round Up 2017

Well, at least owning at AKV I can be sure they will never allow dogs at that resort. The first time a dog chases an antelope across the Savannah would be about 20 different lawsuits.
Better - look at your CONTRACT. If it's not in the DVC CONTRACT? DVC Member suit.

We don't stay at the Dog Hotels. This one is easy.... just don't go there.
All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

Better - look at your CONTRACT. If it's not in the DVC CONTRACT? DVC Member suit.

I did notice that they didn't put them in any DVC resort. (Yacht Club is the ONLY deluxe without a DVC...technically...Beach Club is a separate resort. So yeah, I'm sure they thought of that.)

I have probably 800 individually boxes Christmas ornaments...

...who are you talking too, sista?

I meant me, darlin'. I don't "do" clutter, collectibles, or dust collectors, or any kind of non-art piece "things." My coffee and occasional tables are "styled" and nothing else shall be added - one of a zillion reasons I don't have kids. When I put up a Christmas tree (haven't in years), it looks like the pictures of how the woman at the store did it. I like a lot of those cute limited offerings, but I'd never display them and they'd just be pitched in one of my many, many purges. Nothing better than getting rid of stuff. Seriously, I used to throw out random crap my ex kept. He never once noticed. I'm the opposite of a hoarder...and a bad client for WDW. I mean, I own 1 magnet, and it was a goof.

That amount of Christmas stuff reminds me of my mom, and makes my stomach physically hurt to consider. So, when you buy a trader sam's cup and it goes in your attic, when does it get pitched? I mean, you can't keep that kind of stuff forever.

Sounds like WDW is doing it properly:) There are still people like me (and I love pretty much all animals!) who won't want the possibility of disruption and will simply go elsewhere.

I love dogs and own a rescued greyhound. Short of evacuation from my home during a hurricane, I am not taking him to WDW (and I live in PA, so that's never going to happen). He'd hate it. This plan pretty much guarantees I'm not going to stay at one of the pet-friendly resorts because I seriously question the conscientiousness of the guests who would bring their dogs. Ft. Wilderness makes perfect sense to me. The rest? Not so much.

I love dogs and own a rescued greyhound. Short of evacuation from my home during a hurricane, I am not taking him to WDW (and I live in PA, so that's never going to happen). He'd hate it. This plan pretty much guarantees I'm not going to stay at one of the pet-friendly resorts because I seriously question the conscientiousness of the guests who would bring their dogs. Ft. Wilderness makes perfect sense to me. The rest? Not so much.

I know my luck. If there is dog poop that someone didn't pick up, it will be on my shoes. I know this.

How does housekeeping clean a room if there is a loose dog in there? I'm honestly asking because it seems like a huge liability and risk every time a housekeeper opens a door of a dog inhabited room. Not to mention a dog might get out if a housekeeper isn't super careful.

How does housekeeping clean a room if there is a loose dog in there? I'm honestly asking because it seems like a huge liability and risk every time a housekeeper opens a door of a dog inhabited room. Not to mention a dog might get out if a housekeeper isn't super careful.
Obviously I don't know for sure but I would assume there is an agreement set up upon arrival regarding housekeeping and terms related to that. I assume it works over at Universal in some way.

The Parks Blog article mentions that you get a special Pluto "do not disturb" sign letting housekeeping know your pet is there. Presumably you don't get housekeeping?

Edited: just read all the comments and apparently you get regular housekeeping. I guess you just hang the sign if you don't want your pup disturbed.

This is hilarious to me because we do almost all our travel in a motorhome and bring our dog with us. The one exception is when we go to Fort Wilderness. We are gone all day, sometimes from 7 a.m. until midnight in the parks. I have no desire to keep my dog locked up in the motorhome that long even though she'd probably handle it. I get the people who bring pets to Fort Wilderness because they lounge around the campground and don't go to the parks everyday. I don't know why they pay so much for a campground to do this, but many people do.

But for people who are going to the parks, why on god's green earth would you bring your dog just to shut them up in your resort hotel room all day? Why worry about running back to the room to take your dog out mid-day? It's a 2 hour round trip at least from the parks. Where are they going to put dog runs at each of these hotels? You can't have a dog cooped up all day and then not have somewhere for them to run. Yes you can walk them, but that's not the same thing.

I know lots of hotels do this. I get that and I've stayed in pet friendly hotels for a night or two myself when traveling. But for an extended vacation where the entire point is to be in your room as little as possible? Day after day of leaving them locked in a small hotel room all day? I wouldn't do that to my dog, and since that's how I do Disney, it just makes no sense to me.

I will say I saw this move coming mainly because Fort Wilderness over the last few years went from having pet loops to having the whole campground be pet accessible. Mainly because the pet loops simply weren't big enough. People love their dogs. Treat them as family, and want them to go everywhere with them. Vacationing with your dog is just another component to that. All that being said, I still think Disney is exactly the wrong kind of vacation to bring a dog.

Finally, this is going to lead to so much more abuse of dogs in the parks. The ridiculous Emotional Support Animal rules already are rife with abuse, as you can get a script for it if you call some easily found doctors offices without even a visit. Then you buy your little collar or vest off the internet and off you go with your ill-trained dog into an environment like WDW which is exactly the wrong environment for an ill-trained dog. Allowing dogs in the resorts is just going to let more people feel like they should do this to keep their little Fifi with them at all times. Eventually it's going to go bad.

But lots of different people make the world go round I guess.

See, I also think this will cause more folks to also bring Fido into the parks, b/c "I can't now lock her up all day - we're gonna be gone 14 hours today and she'll get so sad!"...so, buy the vest and take her in for the day, so she's not stuck staring at hotel walls...or don't buy the vest and just waltz in anyway and dare Disney to enforce the law for the parks...they won't ask anything...so, more and more dogs around for your park days...

I meant me, darlin'. I don't "do" clutter, collectibles, or dust collectors, or any kind of non-art piece "things." My coffee and occasional tables are "styled" and nothing else shall be added - one of a zillion reasons I don't have kids. When I put up a Christmas tree (haven't in years), it looks like the pictures of how the woman at the store did it. I like a lot of those cute limited offerings, but I'd never display them and they'd just be pitched in one of my many, many purges. Nothing better than getting rid of stuff. Seriously, I used to throw out random crap my ex kept. He never once noticed. I'm the opposite of a hoarder...and a bad client for WDW. I mean, I own 1 magnet, and it was a goof.

That amount of Christmas stuff reminds me of my mom, and makes my stomach physically hurt to consider. So, when you buy a trader sam's cup and it goes in your attic, when does it get pitched? I mean, you can't keep that kind of stuff forever.

I called you arthouse last week...you didn't need to overtly confirm it THIS MUCH...::yes::

I so had you pegged. It was the "sitting in the quad with sketch pad" look from college That tipped me off.

Generally speaking...I buy nothing from wdw...once in a blue moon. The word "souvenir" is forbidden.

And I don't think "stuff" is holding you back on the kids...just a hunch.

Full disclosure...I work in engineering, read economics and ancient history for FUN, and enjoy watching gestures, eye contact, and fidgeting in crowds during conversations I'm out of range to hear...
...and yet I like disney and Christmas...

But I've never considered my coffee table "art". And I'm a flipcup savant.

To each their own. I still don't want dogs running through chef mickeys...not that I eat there. It's the principle of it.

See, I also think this will cause more folks to also bring Fido into the parks, b/c "I can't now lock her up all day - we're gonna be gone 14 hours today and she'll get so sad!"...so, buy the vest and take her in for the day, so she's not stuck staring at hotel walls...or don't buy the vest and just waltz in anyway and dare Disney to enforce the law for the parks...they won't ask anything...so, more and more dogs around for your park days...

On property guests are not "normal"
By any means...

Expectations are too high...you never find hotel environments where all people are doing the same things and use the facilities at the same times as in Walt disney world...

And the price. Everyone knows they're being screwed...only pounders try to deny it. You have to accept it.

But all that means people will assume they are entitled to what they want.

The introduction of dogs into guest areas is setting off all the klaxons for me...

...the klingons just decloaked off the starboard bow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter