News Round Up 2017

Is there a necessary number of kids for WDW? If so, the WDW police are going to upset with me so often running afoul of the law.

I'm so glad WDW owns SW, I can't wait to see what they do with it, but I hope I don't have my expectations set too high. I would love to see a "making of SWL" type of ... well, anything really.

And I am afraid I have more kids than is "necessary"

I just hope there aren't population police at the entrance to SWGE that only let you in if you have the exact "necessary" number of kids

Or maybe they can have a kid holding pen where you leave kids if you have too many or pick up some if you have too few

And I am afraid I have more kids than is "necessary"

I just hope there aren't population police at the entrance to SWGE that only let you in if you have the exact "necessary" number of kids

Or maybe they can have a kid holding pen where you leave kids if you have too many or pick up some if you have too few

I think you got some good ideas here...

I'm surprised the buffets are this popular actually. No wonder they are always full pushing up the popularity and pricing.

Some on here are going every trip? Interesting indeed.

I'm surprised the buffets are this popular actually. No wonder they are always full pushing up the popularity and pricing.

Some on here are going every trip? Interesting indeed.

Are you kidding?

Go over to the dining board at look at "here are my plans, any thoughts?" Threads...

They are LOADED with character meals...one after another. Which I partially blame for a drop in food quality. Why should they bring in innovative chefs and ingredients when people pack the cafeterias with animals? Give em what they want.

I enjoy a character meal or two...it's definitely a nostalgic thing. But my kids always ask for restaurants in epcot and downtown too...so I don't have to "limit" them...they've been fairly well trained.

Are you kidding?

Go over to the dining board at look at "here are my plans, any thoughts?" Threads...

They are LOADED with character meals...one after another. Which I partially blame for a drop in food quality. Why should they bring in innovative chefs and ingredients when people pack the cafeterias with animals? Give em what they want.

I enjoy a character meal or two...it's definitely a nostalgic thing. But my kids always ask for restaurants in epcot and downtown too...so I don't have to "limit" them...they've been fairly well trained.

Well I assumed it was popular with relatively new visitors asking the kids where they want to go etc, just wasn't aware of veterans as much.

Might have to try one again.

Got a call talking about how pointless it was/a waste. Got the same call from Norway a year earlier.

The princess meals are really just silly. But...we are gonna go to the one at boardwalk this year...I do try these things...

I ask the kids where they want to go and we will go to one or so per trip...

They can just put all the kids in kennels...lol:)

Actually, I think that some adult only events would be pretty magical at WDW, close MK to 18 and up for a late night event or something a few times a year. Getting away from strollers would be very nice. OMG, now that I'm thinking of it, it'd be amazing. Since I was knocked down and bleeding yet again on my last trip by some stroller wielding *insert every non disney word you know and add some* dad that wasn't paying any attention, I'd pay a good bit of money for that.

Guess I should go outside and tell some kids to get off my lawn...now where are my throwing rocks?

They can just put all the kids in kennels...lol:)

Actually, I think that some adult only events would be pretty magical at WDW, close MK to 18 and up for a late night event or something a few times a year. Getting away from strollers would be very nice. OMG, now that I'm thinking of it, it'd be amazing. Since I was knocked down and bleeding yet again on my last trip by some stroller wielding *insert every non disney word you know and add some* dad that wasn't paying any attention, I'd pay a good bit of money for that.

Guess I should go outside and tell some kids to get off my lawn...now where are my throwing rocks?

I'd be ok with the occasional adults only event ... and in reality the extra paid after hour and events were largely adults only given how late they were (based on all reports I read)

The answers are ALWAYS the same:
Park Fare
Crystal Palace
Tusker House
Garden Grill

...now...what do all those places have in common?

I know, I know...good food! Yeah, I'm with you - those are the only character meals we go to anymore, and we don't do more than one a trip if that.

And you know I was just teasing you, but my point is simply this: Disney can get away with high prices and terrible food there because kids want to go and parents want to make them happy. We do all kinds of stupid things for our kids. Many probably only do it "once in a lifetime", while I'm sure a small percentage just think it's worth it to be in the castle. We've done it twice, both times on "Free Dining" back when it was a good deal. Don't know that I would go there again, but if someday I have a grand-daughter, maybe I'd go back. If I'm paying that kind of money for a meal, I'd rather go to Yachtsman's or Cali Grille, or Jiko, but I go to Disney all the time. It's not a huge restaurant and again they can get away with it. Even back in the 80s the place was overpriced (which at the time was probably $18 for dinner) and was terrible and it didn't even have characters.

First...the bagel is the most overrated food in history...

And second, my wife took my daughter once to do the cutesy thing...I think she was 3...while my son and I went to tusker house...

Got a call talking about how pointless it was/a waste. Got the same call from Norway a year earlier.

The princess meals are really just silly. But...we are gonna go to the one at boardwalk this year...I do try these things...

I ask the kids where they want to go and we will go to one or so per trip...

The answers are ALWAYS the same:
Park Fare
Crystal Palace
Tusker House
Garden Grill

...now...what do all those places have in common?

Mom and I did Akershus for our trip for breakfast. I was letting her live her dream...I wasn't super big into princesses when I was little, so the character meals we did were Cape May (with Goofy and Pluto) and Crystal Palace (I think, it involved Pooh and friends...I was 8 and on Disney overload). At any rate, this trip we did more mom and daughter stuff, including a princess meal. It was good...I see the draw, and it was cheaper than CRT and got us pretty much a walk on to FEA. Would I do it again, not sure. And my mom, who was really hoping for a granddaughter this year, is getting a grandson...not that boys can't like princesses, but I see Star Wars in his future ;)

We also did breakfast at Tusker House...love Tusker, although I relented and did breakfast for her...I prefer lunch or dinner. However, I still got curry chicken and saffron rice for breakfast! I would do Tusker again in a heart beat.

Now, give me a character meal in the Star Wars Cantina, and well, Disney can have my money...they wouldn't even need the big characters, just the vibe with some great actors as some of the aliens. Maybe Chewie...I like Chewie, and the droids could be some fun interaction. Forget the Sith and Jedi ;)

Edit: And a good New York style bagel, toasted and warm is not overrated. It is delicious...I have yet to find that good of a bagel, though, at WDW.

Mom and I did Akershus for our trip for breakfast. I was letting her live her dream...I wasn't super big into princesses when I was little, so the character meals we did were Cape May (with Goofy and Pluto) and Crystal Palace (I think, it involved Pooh and friends...I was 8 and on Disney overload). At any rate, this trip we did more mom and daughter stuff, including a princess meal. It was good...I see the draw, and it was cheaper than CRT and got us pretty much a walk on to FEA. Would I do it again, not sure. And my mom, who was really hoping for a granddaughter this year, is getting a grandson...not that boys can't like princesses, but I see Star Wars in his future ;)

We also did breakfast at Tusker House...love Tusker, although I relented and did breakfast for her...I prefer lunch or dinner. However, I still got curry chicken and saffron rice for breakfast! I would do Tusker again in a heart beat.

Now, give me a character meal in the Star Wars Cantina, and well, Disney can have my money...they wouldn't even need the big characters, just the vibe with some great actors as some of the aliens. Maybe Chewie...I like Chewie, and the droids could be some fun interaction. Forget the Sith and Jedi ;)

Edit: And a good New York style bagel, toasted and warm is not overrated. It is delicious...I have yet to find that good of a bagel, though, at WDW.

Not sure if they will do a Star Wars character meal - at least not in the traditional sense. As this is a new planet I don't think the main characters from the movies will be there

But the Cantina I am sure will have a bunch of aliens and "characters" in it but won't be like Luke and Leia stop by your table for a picture and an autograph

I love the fantasy from the child's perspective...but when someone is 40 with more kids than are necessary...I have limited tolerance for immaturity. You can escape and have fun without being a fool 365 days a year...limiting it to 7 seems a reasonable request...

...but I'm harsh:wizard:

Not to take this even further off topic but who exactly gets to decide how many kids are necessary?

I'm turning 40 and have 8 kids. Although several are not through the large chuck of adoption paperwork therefore only 4 can travel to Disney with us for this next trip. I am thinking that would qualify for more than necessary but I would not have it any other way. That said Disney is my vacation spot to no think about reality for awhile. That said I also have not paid for any character meals but we did do SW dessert party last trip. We love SW and will start saving for a trip after SW land opens after this trip.

Not sure if they will do a Star Wars character meal - at least not in the traditional sense. As this is a new planet I don't think the main characters from the movies will be there

But the Cantina I am sure will have a bunch of aliens and "characters" in it but won't be like Luke and Leia stop by your table for a picture and an autograph
Characters from the movies will be there. They were in the model and they have said you’ll see familiar faces around the land. I agree though you won’t see a standard character meal here though. It’s not part of the immersion factor of this land.

I haven't been following the Star Wars construction updates out at DL for the last couple of months and I am shocked with the progess that has been made.

Thanks for the update Rteetz. Congrats on the AP also, I just got my first one this month as well.

I'm turning 40 and have 8 kids. Although several are not through the large chuck of adoption paperwork therefore only 4 can travel to Disney with us for this next trip. I am thinking that would qualify for more than necessary but I would not have it any other way. That said Disney is my vacation spot to no think about reality for awhile. That said I also have not paid for any character meals but we did do SW dessert party last trip. We love SW and will start saving for a trip after SW land opens after this trip.

You are..of course...a Saint and in no way what I'm talking about. I never scoff at social responsibility.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter