News Round Up 2017

You keep breaking my heart. I should have stayed out later throwing rocks at children. I should never start at 3:00. Those are 2 of the best parts of the whole darn blasted series! Too bad Maul couldn't be from an especially long lived species and gotten with Leia, Kylo would have been even dreamier.

...no...they're really not...no depth characters...

With the Millenium Falcon sitting there, it's hard to argue against Chewie showing up. The thing with Star Wars though is that they don't even have to have main movie characters around to have the fans drooling. Have Ashoka Tano and fans would go nuts.

Guess I meant the main face characters - but yeah, you could do Chewie and some of the bounty hunters and characters from Rebels or the Aftermath book series and people would still be excited

At first I was think you can't do a princess meal with out the main princesses but if they did a meal with Merida, Meg, Pocahontas, Jane, etc I bet it would be pretty popular

Guess I meant the main face characters - but yeah, you could do Chewie and some of the bounty hunters and characters from Rebels or the Aftermath book series and people would still be excited

At first I was think you can't do a princess meal with out the main princesses but if they did a meal with Merida, Meg, Pocahontas, Jane, etc I bet it would be pretty popular

Exactly. They already have rarely rolled out face characters such as Luke or Leia or Han or Finn or Rey or Anakin or Padme or whatever incarnation you want. (Only at Star Wars weekends really.) Instead you always get costume characters like Boba Fett, Darth Vader, Chewie, Kylo Ren. I think that is what you will continue to get. That and droids. The fact is, it's hard to have a "Han Solo" meet and greet. In the end, he's not Harrison Ford. It's sort of like the Star Lord M&G, none of the CMs really look like Chris Pratt. It's much either to take an animated character and translate to a M&G (the princesses for instance) or one that's heavily made-up. (Some of the Jack Sparrow characters were pretty good.) So I think generally they will avoid having any of the human characters doing any kind of meets - unless it's a human character from one of the animated shows.

And as a comment, while talk of how they will run Star Wars land is appropriate, I would suggest that re-hashing how bad Episodes 1-3 are could be taken elsewhere, since there are always 6.5 million sites for this on the internet.

With the Millenium Falcon sitting there, it's hard to argue against Chewie showing up. The thing with Star Wars though is that they don't even have to have main movie characters around to have the fans drooling. Have Ashoka Tano and fans would go nuts.

If they had a special character deal either early morning or late night with Ahsoka, my husband would be there.

They may not have typical character meals in SW:GE, but they will do something to make in the dough and capitalize on the characters. Beyond the rumored hotel, I see many extra paid event parties, with different levels of cost and immersion. Disney isn't going to let Star Wars fans leave money on the table...this is their cash cow and answer to Uni HP.

You keep breaking my heart. I should have stayed out later throwing rocks at children. I should never start at 3:00. Those are 2 of the best parts of the whole darn blasted series! Too bad Maul couldn't be from an especially long lived species and gotten with Leia, Kylo would have been even dreamier.

Maul was still alive right up to Luke was in his early teens. But you won't get the rest of his life in the movies, gotta watch the cartoons (he was in both clone wars and rebels) and read the comix for his story. :)

Watched Pixar's Coco yesterday. Truly their best film since Inside Out. Beautiful animation, an endearing story and wonderful characters. I have to say though, it felt extra special to me since I could relate to the culture being portrayed. Excelent research job by the studio.

I know it's not opening in the US for a few weeks. Just a chance to tell you that this is a not to be missed film.

Last edited:
Watched Pixar's Coco yesterday. Truly Pixar's best film since Inside Out. Beautiful animation, beautiful story and wonderful characters. I have to say though, it felt extra special to me since I could relate to the culture being portrayed. Excelent research job by the studio.

I know it's not opening in the US for a few weeks. Just a chance to tell you that this is a not to be missed film.

Thanks for the heads up. I am really looking forward to this - in fact the only thing that turns me off is having to sit through the 20 minute Olaf TV Special. I hoped it is good, because we have to wait another 3 years for Pixar to give us something original. (Though I can't deny I am REALLY excited about the Incredibles sequel - and really NOT about Toy Story 4.)

Thanks for the heads up. I am really looking forward to this - in fact the only thing that turns me off is having to sit through the 20 minute Olaf TV Special. I hoped it is good, because we have to wait another 3 years for Pixar to give us something original. (Though I can't deny I am REALLY excited about the Incredibles sequel - and really NOT about Toy Story 4.)

The Frozen short was cute. A little more geared towards the younger crowd, but still a cute Christmas special. The lenght was a little unnecessary though.

Then again, I don't really have much of a problem with Frozen, but I can imagine some people skipping the short altogether.

The Frozen short was cute. A little more geared towards the younger crowd, but still a cute Christmas special. The lenght was a little unnecessary though.

Then again, I don't really have much of a problem with Frozen, but I can imagine some people skipping the short altogether.

And I can see some people going just for the short ;)

Thanks for your review - having seen the trailer I was a bit unsure as it looked oks beautiful but wasn't totally sold on the story as presented and afraid they would go for too many cheap jokes with the dog and bones, etc

Just me - today, 10-29-2017? I see no NEWS - just commentary.
Please, if it's NEWS - label it, as our moderator has mandated. This helps people looking for actual NEWS.

Watched Pixar's Coco yesterday. Truly Pixar's best film since Inside Out. Beautiful animation, beautiful story and wonderful characters. I have to say though, it felt extra special to me since I could relate to the culture being portrayed. Excelent research job by the studio.

Oh, it's so good to hear this! It's the film I've been anticipating most this year!

I think I agree with you across the board here...

I don't think they handled the end of toy story 3 as well as they could have...and I feel like we got a reboot coming (something becoming disney go to)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter