News Round Up 2017

Damn! Looks like we will be spending approximately $800 on F&W tastings come November. (That is over 4 days.) So many good looking things. I like that there's a lot of change-up also - not all the same.

not sure if you watched the video the DIS Unplugged team put out but they seemed really positive with what they tried (which was a lot of the new stuff) - of late I find they can be a bit negative on things (especially if they feel like it is getting stale) so the fact they were so positive about everything they tried makes me think it should be a really good F&WF

It would be really nice if the had something more permanent for DVC. I know it isn't feasible from a staffing standpoint but we always seem to miss the extras.
The only permanent things I can think of are the EPCOT Lounge (even if it can go away at some point), and the Top of the World Lounge on the top of BLT. That's accessible to members everyday besides July 3rd & 4th, as well as, December 30th & 31st. On those days it is only accessible to members staying at BLT only. Great view of the fireworks from there especially when they do their 180-degree fireworks during the holiday parties.

No different than a lot of man made water features Disney has. They will drain it, clean it, replace or repair anything needed. Gertie will get painted as well.

yeah but isn't it kind of taking away from the few nature parts to HS? We don't want another FutureWorld

The only permanent things I can think of are the EPCOT Lounge (even if it can go away at some point), and the Top of the World Lounge on the top of BLT. That's accessible to members everyday besides July 3rd & 4th, as well as, December 30th & 31st. On those days it is only accessible to members staying at BLT only. Great view of the fireworks from there especially when they do their 180-degree fireworks during the holiday parties.
TotWL is a really nice perk.

Damn! Looks like we will be spending approximately $800 on F&W tastings come November. (That is over 4 days.) So many good looking things. I like that there's a lot of change-up also - not all the same.
Cant wait to taste them all! Im most excited for the Flavors from Fire, Light Lab and the Chocolate Studio booths.

Well apparently they didn't proof read this quiz on the parks blog. One question asks about floating lanterns. The show was originally supposed to feature the lanterns but currently does not.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2017/09/quiz-how-well-do-you-know-rivers-of-light/
I clicked on that today and saw that question. I was like..."There are "0" floating lanterns." Unless Disney has something up their sleeve and they will be added soon lol. :D I ended up not doing the quiz because of that question.

As a DVC member, even though I generally don't get the chance to take advantage of these Membership Magic extras, I don't think there is much to complain about here. They announced the dates for them last December for the entire year, so I am not sure how much notice people could expect. We were lucky enough that the MK one fell during our dates, but I still don't feel Disney should be scheduling these a year in advance. What they are doing is more than adequate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter