News Round Up 2017

Jeez, I have a cruise coming up in February. Would be freaking out if it was cancelled the week of!

Jeez, I have a cruise coming up in February. Would be freaking out if it was cancelled the week of!

We have a cruise in Feb too (our first ever!) and definitely think we would be freaking out but hopefully understanding and definitely better to have future cruise at 25% off rather than having to deal with the weather (but still stressed and emotional in the moment I am sure)

'Course in Feb our biggest challenge will be getting there with coming from the NE in the winter

News

Collin Trevorrow out as director of Star Wars Episode IX

“Lucasfilm and Colin Trevorrow have mutually chosen to part ways on ‘Star Wars: Episode IX,'” Disney said in a statement. “Colin has been a wonderful collaborator throughout the development process but we have all come to the conclusion that our visions for the project differ. We wish Colin the best and will be sharing more information about the film soon.”

http://www.thewrap.com/colin-trevorrow-exits-of-star-wars-episode-ix/

First Phil and Lord, now this.

Can we say studio meddling?

I think Marvel is doing so well because they are hiring/have hired directors who have their own voice (James Gunn, Joss Whedon, Jon Favreau, Russo Brothers, etc). They bring their own vision, to an extent and make the IP work the way they want it to.

If Disney truly wanted the Star Wars movies to be by the numbers and have no bite, why not hire directors like Brett Ratner and Paul W.S. Anderson?

I think Marvel is doing so well because they are hiring/have hired directors who have their own voice (James Gunn, Joss Whedon, Jon Favreau, Russo Brothers, etc). They bring their own vision, to an extent and make the IP work the way they want it to.

If Disney truly wanted the Star Wars movies to be by the numbers and have no bite, why not hire directors like Brett Ratner and Paul W.S. Anderson?

It seems like they want the best of both worlds - hire directors that have a strong voice/vision but for that vision to still fit the larger vision/tone for the full story arc

Star Was episode IX: Directed by Michael Bay

It took my sister 2 hours to get on the phone with WDW today if that is any indication of the impact Hurricane Irma is having even on call centers already (I assume that is why it took so long)

This bothers me less than Lord and Miller, who I genuinely trust to make good movies. While Jurassic World was successful, there were a lot of questionable choices in there that can be blamed on the director (and I'm not talking about Claire's shoes). I haven't seen his recent "Book of Henry", but it is supposed to be terrible.

I also find it interesting that Rian Johnson, who you expect to be the most difficult to work with of any of the guys they've hired, has really had no issues with the studio at all. And I will say so far they've made a pretty good movie and a great movie, so until these movies start to suck I am not going to be too hard on them. (That said, I think there's a good chance the Han Solo movie is going to suck.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter