News Round Up 2017

Well, there goes any chance of it being anything special, but it will certainly be competent. I am sort of surprised, but he must've had a good experience. I have yet to re-watch The Force Awakens after it opened, and now I sort of plan to watch it leading up to Last Jedi, but my memory it was good but not great, but did have some beautiful shots in it. He certainly understands Star Wars better than he does Star Trek.

Well, there goes any chance of it being anything special, but it will certainly be competent. I am sort of surprised, but he must've had a good experience. I have yet to re-watch The Force Awakens after it opened, and now I sort of plan to watch it leading up to Last Jedi, but my memory it was good but not great, but did have some beautiful shots in it. He certainly understands Star Wars better than he does Star Trek.

yeah, I think this raises the floor but probably lowers the ceiling - but that is probably ok. For the final one I think something safer that provides satisfaction is a good route to go - and let part VIII be the highlight (like ESB was for the original trilogy)

I still like TFA quite a lot (we have rewatched it a lot as my kids really like it). Certainly in the top half of all Star Wars movies, off the top of my head:

- Empire
- Rouge One
gap
- New Hope
- TFA
gap
- Return of the Jedi
- Revenge of the Sith
gap
- Phantom Menace
- Attack of the Clones

News

Len Testa is reporting that layoffs are coming to Disney parks and resorts and will be announced in the next few weeks.

I think some of it isn't the extras themselves but the cost of those extras - like the parties have really gotten expensive - at some point people say it just isn't worth it. And with the express transport, after paying for the hoppers themselves for a family of 4 to pay an additional $120 when they aren't sure if/when they will use it is a bit to ask
I'm so late to the party on this convo, but I feel like they should offer it as part of the Park Hopper. It seems like its a natural extension, and they could get away with charging a little more for the hoppers if this was a built-in benefit. More people would know about it then too. I have personally never used it but sounds like it should go hand-in-hand with hopping!

I'm so late to the party on this convo, but I feel like they should offer it as part of the Park Hopper. It seems like its a natural extension, and they could get away with charging a little more for the hoppers if this was a built-in benefit. More people would know about it then too. I have personally never used it but sounds like it should go hand-in-hand with hopping!

I think it is something they may revisit in the future - all the feedback I saw from people that used it loved it and felt it was worth the $ ... but also that the buses were often very empty, so obviously not a lot of people went for it

One issue I saw though was that the buses picked people up backstage so they weren't really set up to handle lots of guests and they weren't allowed to bring guests there when it rained (as I understood it) - so if they were going to role it out so that everyone with hoppers could use it I think they would need to fix that issue and make it "easier" to use all the time

News

Len Testa is reporting that layoffs are coming to Disney parks and resorts and will be announced in the next few weeks.

Yikes. We were at Art of Animation for one night last week before fleeing the hurricane, and that place needed a lot MORE staff. They had 4 people dealing with 50-60 people trying to get early checkouts to leave the storm, our room had water damage on the bathroom door (with paint chipping away as well), and the bathtub had an empty shampoo bottle sitting in it.

yeah, I think this raises the floor but probably lowers the ceiling - but that is probably ok. For the final one I think something safer that provides satisfaction is a good route to go - and let part VIII be the highlight (like ESB was for the original trilogy)

I still like TFA quite a lot (we have rewatched it a lot as my kids really like it). Certainly in the top half of all Star Wars movies, off the top of my head:

- Empire
- Rouge One
gap
- New Hope
- TFA
gap
- Return of the Jedi
- Revenge of the Sith
gap
- Phantom Menace
- Attack of the Clones

I consider myself a pretty big SW fan and just didn't love Rogue One like I feel like I should have. I think it was knowing the story that makes me rate it lower...Just like I'll see the Han Solo movie, but I'm not OMG dying for it.

I'm ok with Abrams. He makes solid movies and I really enjoyed TFA overall. Could have used less Jedi crap, but I find that true in all the movies. The Sith are just a more interesting crew for me.

Also, I'm sad about the lack of express service for my trip starting Sunday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter