News Round Up 2017

I consider myself a pretty big SW fan and just didn't love Rogue One like I feel like I should have. I think it was knowing the story that makes me rate it lower...Just like I'll see the Han Solo movie, but I'm not OMG dying for it.

I'm ok with Abrams. He makes solid movies and I really enjoyed TFA overall. Could have used less Jedi crap, but I find that true in all the movies. The Sith are just a more interesting crew for me.

Also, I'm sad about the lack of express service for my trip starting Sunday.

I am actually with you about the Han Solo movie - much other characters that have less known about them (and I am even less excited about a potential Obi Wan movie).

I thought Rogue One just had a different feel and told a story that we knew the outcome but not really how it happened. I liked a lot of the characters in it and thought interesting to bring in the Guardians of the Whills (and thus the impact of the Whills in general being involved in future movies). I also appreciated that basically everyone dies vs magically making it out ok in the end

I am actually with you about the Han Solo movie - much other characters that have less known about them (and I am even less excited about a potential Obi Wan movie).

I thought Rogue One just had a different feel and told a story that we knew the outcome but not really how it happened. I liked a lot of the characters in it and thought interesting to bring in the Guardians of the Whills (and thus the impact of the Whills in general being involved in future movies). I also appreciated that basically everyone dies vs magically making it out ok in the end

Ugh - the Obi Wan movie? The goody goody of goody goodies. I have 0 interest in that Jedi love fest:( I'll hope it'll at least bring some cool costumes, which was the most redeeming quality of the prequels and one of the worst things about Rogue One, but I totally agree about the ending. I was so happy they went with it. When are we going to get Darth Maul's story? He's such a cool character we know little about him.

I really hope that SWL includes some of the really cool SW characters/species. I'd love to see General Ackbar, Watto, Utapauns, Kaminoans, etc. roaming around, in meet and greets, at the bar, at the hotel...so many cool species, maybe they can add a "species of SW" land to AK.

Yikes. We were at Art of Animation for one night last week before fleeing the hurricane, and that place needed a lot MORE staff. They had 4 people dealing with 50-60 people trying to get early checkouts to leave the storm, our room had water damage on the bathroom door (with paint chipping away as well), and the bathtub had an empty shampoo bottle sitting in it.
Old key west housekeeping was the same. I wasn't even mad at the staff there but it was evident at multiple points of our trip they were understaffed (which is unacceptable given prices across property, but especially ridiculous given the cost of DVC and whatnot)

I really hope that SWL includes some of the really cool SW characters/species. I'd love to see General Ackbar, Watto, Utapauns, Kaminoans, etc. roaming around, in meet and greets, at the bar, at the hotel...so many cool species, maybe they can add a "species of SW" land to AK.

It's ADMIRAL Akbar there, princess...don't dis the greatest bit character in motion picture history...

Old key west housekeeping was the same. I wasn't even mad at the staff there but it was evident at multiple points of our trip they were understaffed (which is unacceptable given prices across property, but especially ridiculous given the cost of DVC and whatnot)

They have been cutting/consolidating staffing at resorts for 20 years...

...I guess nobody noticed before?

Does it really take 90 minutes to deliver a pillow?

News

Episode 9 has been moved to December 20th, 2019 release

https://twitter.com/starwars/status/907686475512160256

Well, that didn't take long. I'm not sure why Star Wars is in such a hurry to move away from December. They sort of end up with the holidays practically to themselves, whereas the summer tends to end up with a 2-3 week window.

The other problem here is no Star Wars movie for fiscal 2019 (Oct 2018-Sep 2019).

The benefit for WDW fans- SW:GE is Orlando now gets opening with Episode 9 ->

Well, that didn't take long. I'm not sure why Star Wars is in such a hurry to move away from December. They sort of end up with the holidays practically to themselves, whereas the summer tends to end up with a 2-3 week window.

The other problem here is no Star Wars movie for fiscal 2019 (Oct 2018-Sep 2019).

How is that beneficial in any way?

But seriously...they should release in October or November...December 15 openings limit merchandising for the holiday season

well, unless they really fast track the Obi Wan movie - but likely correct

Will be kinda nice for both SWGE to be open for Episode IX release - probably will be cool to be in either one when the movie opens

How is that beneficial in any way?

But seriously...they should release in October or November...December 15 openings limit merchandising for the holiday season

It's beneficial for those that want an event (and are willing to pay for it.) Good chance there will be some sort of package with premiere of the new movie combined with entry to Star Wars Land.

December 15th opening don't limit merchandising. They started selling Last Jedi crap two weeks ago. There's typically a box office lull (in US) from Thanksgiving weekend to the weekend of the 15th, so it's a very strategic release. Just saying Rogue One's $536 million and Force Awakens $950 million domestic didn't upset anyone.

It's beneficial for those that want an event (and are willing to pay for it.) Good chance there will be some sort of package with premiere of the new movie combined with entry to Star Wars Land.

December 15th opening don't limit merchandising. They started selling Last Jedi crap two weeks ago. There's typically a box office lull (in US) from Thanksgiving weekend to the weekend of the 15th, so it's a very strategic release. Just saying Rogue One's $536 million and Force Awakens $950 million domestic didn't upset anyone.

We've talked about this before...how would you like your beating?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter