News Round Up 2017

Ugh - the Obi Wan movie? The goody goody of goody goodies. I have 0 interest in that Jedi love fest:( I'll hope it'll at least bring some cool costumes, which was the most redeeming quality of the prequels and one of the worst things about Rogue One, but I totally agree about the ending. I was so happy they went with it. When are we going to get Darth Maul's story? He's such a cool character we know little about him.

Not sure if you've ever watched Clone Wars or Rebels but they dive into some Obi Wan's past and Darth Maul's past and life after Phantom Menace. There is also a poignant light saber duel between the two in Rebels (yep, I said poignant for a light saber duel). Both Clone Wars and Rebels are way better than any of the prequels, in my opinion.

Agree...while I applaud any charitable donation (provided it's to charities that aren't 90% overhead)...I would rather a local contributions as opposed to a check to "aid"...
Do we know where it's going yet? I am a fan of giving locally... more of an ability to see mission delivery directly.

Not sure if you've ever watched Clone Wars or Rebels but they dive into some Obi Wan's past and Darth Maul's past and life after Phantom Menace. There is also a poignant light saber duel between the two in Rebels (yep, I said poignant for a light saber duel). Both Clone Wars and Rebels are way better than any of the prequels, in my opinion.

Definitely- plus they have characters like the Bendu and just the concept of the Force outside of Jedi/Sith ... which seems to be relevant for the upcoming films based of the shot of the Books of the Whills is the preview for Episode VIII and the concept of grays and stuff

Both clone wars and rebels are way better than the prequels and I can argue elements of TFA as well...

...because it was written by Star Wars fans - dave Filoni in particular - and not by:

1. George Lucas's accountants
2. Bob igers accountants.

There's just no way to diminish the impact on the Hollywood money machine from the story. Sometimes I've wished that they never made new movies at all...

...I mean even beyond the EVERYDAY since the prequels came out.

Eliminating employees is not a mistake...it's a non-negotiable strategic goal.

Cut where you can to use some
Of your huge work force to generate new revenue streams...

...business 101, in essence.
But if you actually cut where you can't, that is a mistake.

If people are noticing a lack of housekeeping and it leads to unhappy, and possibly fewer customers, that could be considered a "mistake."

If people are noticing a lack of housekeeping and it leads to unhappy, and possibly fewer customers, that could be considered a "mistake."

But you just walked into my greater point: nobody cares/makes them pay for it.

Double prices, reduce hours, upcharge for nonsense, cut the day's in half to charge double...

...nothing...just more "does anyone know when the MVMCP tickets go on sale? Thanks!"

...in January

But you just walked into my greater point: nobody cares/makes them pay for it.

Double prices, reduce hours, upcharge for nonsense, cut the day's in half to charge double...

...nothing...just more "does anyone know when the MVMCP tickets go on sale? Thanks!"

...in January
People noticed the lack of housekeeping. They cared. BUT to the other half of your point: will they stop coming? Not yet, it seems.

Both clone wars and rebels are way better than the prequels and I can argue elements of TFA as well...

...because it was written by Star Wars fans - dave Filoni in particular - and not by:

1. George Lucas's accountants
2. Bob igers accountants.

There's just no way to diminish the impact on the Hollywood money machine from the story. Sometimes I've wished that they never made new movies at all...

...I mean even beyond the EVERYDAY since the prequels came out.

I'm hoping that SW:GE pulls from Rebels and Clone Wars. I think one of the reasons Rebels, somewhat with Clone Wars, and even Rogue One work well is that not everything is focused on Skywalkers. Other characters are flushed out with rather compelling stories. And, when they vere away from Skywalkers, they don't have as much baggage to deal with. There is more room to play with the story. They can't do that as much with the main movies. But I'm hoping Last Jedi brings in elements from Rebels and Clone Wars. I'd like to see some of the characters too, but we will see.

People expect a lot from housekeeping and general services when they pay those Disney resort rates.

But it doesn't matter if they don't get it...the rooms are full regardless.

I'm an observer of people...always have been. And I observed them very closely in Orlando...particularly at the hotels.

People have no spine when it comes to wdw...they act like 10 year olds and can't snap out of it in 99% of cases.

Or even worse: college kids with credit cards.

I'm hoping that SW:GE pulls from Rebels and Clone Wars. I think one of the reasons Rebels, somewhat with Clone Wars, and even Rogue One work well is that not everything is focused on Skywalkers. Other characters are flushed out with rather compelling stories. And, when they vere away from Skywalkers, they don't have as much baggage to deal with. There is more room to play with the story. They can't do that as much with the main movies. But I'm hoping Last Jedi brings in elements from Rebels and Clone Wars. I'd like to see some of the characters too, but we will see.

I've said this before...

The real miscalculation was that everyone wanted to see their heros again and Lucas screwed up by not doing the sequels in 99...the backstory could have been done at any time..

But look up video from circa 2000...particularly fisher...and that was still Princess Leia.

What they put out there now simply was not. They could have done the crossover more effectively then. But george was stupid and wanted to put bad video games on screen.

Now what a mess...prequels that are awful (sorry...I know kids played with those toys...but they are simply bad movies. It's not one of these "personal preference" things)...and this current mess.

We never saw the big three together on screen again! Thanks, JJ...you got one shot and you pooched it.

If the whole point was to "find Luke"...I think you could have worked it a tad better.

Now this fisher mess...and there was all this lamentation when it happened...but when i saw the toxicology, the sympathy declined significantly.

But what have they done with Ep 8? Fisher was supposedly supposed to Be key to 9...how's that working? Terrible - it seems.

And please...dear god...no chump write off for Hamill.

Hamill IS Star Wars...that can't be overstated. Don't Do It!!!

Last edited:

Plus I am sure that program they had where you got a gift card for not having housekeeping during your stay was just a test to see if they could roll it out further

I am sure there are some areas they could cut staff from - every company has some areas that have some "fat" ... the issue is usually that companies start by wanting to get rid of just from the areas they can afford to, then realize that isn't enough to meet their financial goals and wind up asking all areas to cut which leads to deficiencies in some areas.

Hopefully in the end the reshuffle and restaff for the new lands and stuff but I can definitely see some "growing pains" between then and now

Plus I am sure that program they had where you got a gift card for not having housekeeping during your stay was just a test to see if they could roll it out further

I am sure there are some areas they could cut staff from - every company has some areas that have some "fat" ... the issue is usually that companies start by wanting to get rid of just from the areas they can afford to, then realize that isn't enough to meet their financial goals and wind up asking all areas to cut which leads to deficiencies in some areas.

Hopefully in the end the reshuffle and restaff for the new lands and stuff but I can definitely see some "growing pains" between then and now

The reputation and customer loyalty that disney enjoys is in large part because they were willing to pay for the "fat"

The reputation and customer loyalty that disney enjoys is in large part because they were willing to pay for the "fat"

i agree, and ideally they would be adding CMs and not cutting ... just saying that some areas can afford it more than others. that is, some areas are at 90% of where they should be and some are at 70% - hopefully they cut more from the 90% areas than the 70%

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter