News Round Up 2017

I thought I read a report that they are back running. I'm at boardwalk now getting a late start because of the dvc event last night. Heading to get some milk soon at store I will let you know what I see. If the boats are not running they will have buses for you for those who don't want to or can't walk to Epcot or Hollywood studios
I really enjoy the Boardwalk-Epcot path, such a pleasant walk and with a great view.
Also, :offtopic:: just packed our bags :teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth:

Hey that's fine...my original comment wasn't a criticism of the food place...I'm just saying I had no idea it existed. It just kinda happened and that's open for interpretation.

Although we're aware of all Pandora offers, & just caught the Avatar movie on TV a couple of months ago(NEVER saw it @ time of release),

it matters NOT to us that Pandora even exists!

YES! Based on the most compelling Avatar movie,
the new land's theming is absolutely incredible!!!!!!

AND the FoP queue is off-the-charts amazing!!!
(SO we understand the popularity),

YET i will not ride FoP in 2018(DH will).

Am i the ONLY ONE in my jaw dropping OVER the incredible thematic detailing of Pandora,

right down to the toy & other merchandise offerings,

YET Disney drops the ball on SO MANY things that could enhance guest experience!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i mean, they put ALL THAT time,$$$$,
and effort into the merch--like the flying banshee 'pet',
YET they REFUSE to come up w/solutions for alot of Disers gripes!

Does anyone know what the price/hours were last year? I assume it's a lot more exclusive than the Halloween parties at that price for only 3 hours. I've always been more interested in this one that the Early Morning Magic offering, but we just don't go the time of year it has been offered so far. Planning on December next year, and if I squeezed another trip in I'd probably want it to be for Toy Story opening.

I believe same hours but it was $149 so actually lower now

So I assume they are trying to attract a few more people and thus would figure each night will feel slightly less exclusive but still pretty low head count even compared to holdisay parties

In that video one of the imagineers said that some parts of the track are designed to take advantage of the "slinkiness" of the ride vehicle.

Does that mean it is going to expand/contract a little bit in the ride? Something similar to how the 7DMT cars sway a little bit from side to side?

It could, but it might just be about the hills and valleys so the train of cars collectively make like the arch shape that slinkies do

I thought I read a report that they are back running. I'm at boardwalk now getting a late start because of the dvc event last night. Heading to get some milk soon at store I will let you know what I see. If the boats are not running they will have buses for you for those who don't want to or can't walk to Epcot or Hollywood studios
We enjoy the walk to EPCOT and Hollywood Studios normally but do occasionally take the boat back from HS after a long day.

In that video one of the imagineers said that some parts of the track are designed to take advantage of the "slinkiness" of the ride vehicle.

Does that mean it is going to expand/contract a little bit in the ride? Something similar to how the 7DMT cars sway a little bit from side to side?
It is unclear. I think they are just talking about how the track layout makes you seem like you are on a slinky.

Reports from those who attended was that there were far fewer people than at MNSSHP or MVMCP. I did this for free -- a giveaway to DVC members when I presume they didn't have "enough" bookings.

Now, if they really publicize it, I have no idea what attendance would be like -- what they have #tickets capped at.

Despite the gibes on this one, they're bringing it back... so presumably they either did make $$ off of it, or at least they think they will now.

I think you got it there.

Last edited:
I'll say this. I knew there was food in Pandora, I knew people have said there was good food there. I had no idea this was the name of it, and I don't really know what they are offering there. Since I haven't really had any trips planned, I haven't looked into it much.

Call me nuts...but your explanation seems entirely plausible to me.

We talked around here for six years how the avatar concept was not gonna have the typical draw on some levels...like the MGM additions will...

I can't fathom why there's disbelief at all that those predictions have been at least partially accurate.

What I find most interesting about this is they skipped the dates of 2/22 and 2/29 - which pretty much co-incide with the nights they did the DVC Moonlight Magic event at MK last year. At least partly wishful thinking on my part - but seems to me an indication they may repeat the Moonlight Magic events in 2018. I am would be glad to hear they continue these events, because they are a fairly inexpensive "perk" to continue to drive DVC sales.

The first round of the event was definitely not a huge success considering they ended up giving deep discount (free?) admission, but clearly they thought it did well enough to keep it going. They definitely are going to keep the crowds down at that price point, but I still have never gotten this concept. In 3 hours you can at best do 8-9 rides even with no lines - add another day to your vacation and pay $15 for another park day and you can easily get more done than in these 3 hours. The price point to get me to consider it would be about $50.

Call me nuts...but your explanation seems entirely plausible to me.

We talked around here for six years how the avatar concept was not gonna have the typical draw on some levels...like the MGM additions will...

I can't fathom why there's disbelief at all that those predictions have been at least partially accurate.

Well - I agree with this - while Pandora can be an amazing land, there's very few people that are going to be drawn to Disney because of it beyond the "oh new rides"! level. Whereas Star Wars will likely be a massive draw on the order of Harry Potter. I would not be surprised if we see an overall 5-10% bump in WDW attendance (which would be massive) and probably a 25-50% bump in DHS attendance once Star Wars opens. I don't think Toy Story Land will have nearly that draw, but it's more that it's existence will help deal with the crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter