News Round Up 2017

I'm sure we can all see them offering a morning "Tea & Crumpets with Mary Poppins" at the UK pavilion for $69.95 pp. to help justify opening up WS earlier.

Been following this kinda casually, is this just routine maintenance or are they adding stuff there for a potential light show (think I know the answer but I figured I’d ask)
Both. No light show but Echo Lake will have enhanced Christmas decor this year. The Christmas tree is going to be placed on the island in the center of Echo Lake.

They have been marketing the land that way. At D23 and other presentations they have talked about how they are going to have driods and other familiar faces throughout the land.

Yeah, but at least for the first 2 years it's going to be like a "Where's Waldo" kind of thing if they aren't in specific spots. That's just unavoidable given the crush this land is going to experience.

Like they're going to have the space in SWL to have these guys out. But it is neat!

I really, really think you are going to see them holding people outside the land like they did with Avatar the first week, but something that will last a lot longer (a year or more?) I think they are actually thinking ahead on this - and this is what that corridor at Grand Avenue is going to be used for, a giant queue of people waiting to enter Star Wars land. Not to say it won't be crowded once you are IN the land, but they will do this to avoid the wall-to-wall people. (The other potential option is that they will simply give out (and also sell) a FP to get into the land itself with a specific return time - thus limiting access that way.)

They have been marketing the land that way. At D23 and other presentations they have talked about how they are going to have driods and other familiar faces throughout the land.

I know and it's going to be awesome...if they have the concrete space available for them:)

I really, really think you are going to see them holding people outside the land like they did with Avatar the first week, but something that will last a lot longer (a year or more?) I think they are actually thinking ahead on this - and this is what that corridor at Grand Avenue is going to be used for, a giant queue of people waiting to enter Star Wars land. Not to say it won't be crowded once you are IN the land, but they will do this to avoid the wall-to-wall people. (The other potential option is that they will simply give out (and also sell) a FP to get into the land itself with a specific return time - thus limiting access that way.)

Totally agree, I think it'll be more of a "schedule your visit to Galaxy's Edge" than a free for all. Of course if they give the advantage to on-site only, I can see it causing a lot of disdain from locals. Hopefully they will at least provide something for AP holders too. The only problem I forsee is getting people out of the area once they enter. I can see it being more like Diagon Alley where it's fun to linger vs Pandora where most (not all) will want to leave after they've looked around a bit.

Totally agree, I think it'll be more of a "schedule your visit to Galaxy's Edge" than a free for all. Of course if they give the advantage to on-site only, I can see it causing a lot of disdain from locals. Hopefully they will at least provide something for AP holders too. The only problem I forsee is getting people out of the area once they enter. I can see it being more like Diagon Alley where it's fun to linger vs Pandora where most (not all) will want to leave after they've looked around a bit.

Yeah, to me there's going to be three levels, the "pay for special event" level, the "on-site" level, and then the AP/Off-site level. They are going to have to deal with all these levels and try to keep everyone happy. Don't be surprised if they fail badly initially.

Oh absolutely...not impossible.

But an issue nonetheless.

Thinking about it again...I think that they need to have mainline rides in two more spots before an opening...cause then they'd have to staff some restaurants and the shops as well...

So if you have Elsa's boats, rat, a ride in Germany and Japan? That would be enough to draw crowds and full operational slate. And it would be "spaced" amongst the promenade as well.
Well we have confirmed Rat, construction has started, we have ride coming to UK(rumored Brave IP) and we have one new pavillion expected without an attraction - Brazil. So that is pretty close to what you state. Add to that the expected renovation of Mexico ride to Coco too.

I definitely agree - and there will be some unhappy campers who aren't able to get in or have to wait more than they want - especially people who are Star Wars fans and not Disney fans and made the trip just for SWGE

I can see it running like they did for Pandora where if you have a FP coming up then you can go to the front of the line, thus putting even more premium on getting a FP (so even more incentive to staying on site and thus getting the 60 days instead of 30) and I am sure there will be a paid extra/VIP tour thing like they are doing for Animal Kingdom where you are basically paying for the FP to the big attraction(s) - though will probably be at least double the price

Well we have confirmed Rat, construction has started, we have ride coming to UK(rumored Brave IP) and we have one new pavillion expected without an attraction - Brazil. So that is pretty close to what you state. Add to that the expected renovation of Mexico ride to Coco too.

do we know the estimate for when Rat will be completed? I have heard 2020, but if they are already starting construction and it is a replicated ride I would think they could get it done pretty quick - especially knowing GoTG is expected to take quite a while I would think they would want something new in EPCOT to help draw crowds away from SWGE when it opens in 2019

I definitely agree - and there will be some unhappy campers who aren't able to get in or have to wait more than they want - especially people who are Star Wars fans and not Disney fans and made the trip just for SWGE

I can see it running like they did for Pandora where if you have a FP coming up then you can go to the front of the line, thus putting even more premium on getting a FP (so even more incentive to staying on site and thus getting the 60 days instead of 30) and I am sure there will be a paid extra/VIP tour thing like they are doing for Animal Kingdom where you are basically paying for the FP to the big attraction(s) - though will probably be at least double the price

This is definitely what will end up happening. I expect almost all the SWGE FP booked 60 days in advance

do we know the estimate for when Rat will be completed? I have heard 2020, but if they are already starting construction and it is a replicated ride I would think they could get it done pretty quick - especially knowing GoTG is expected to take quite a while I would think they would want something new in EPCOT to help draw crowds away from SWGE when it opens in 2019
Spring 2020.

You're going down the road here where I'm gonna have to change my avatar...

Chasing the rabbits again...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter