News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends, but they may have heard the reactions to the rumored names. I'm totally down with a name change but so far the rumored options... woof.

Yup - and why they put out things like the survey and maybe even "leak" the selected name, etc - see what reaction is. If everyone loved it then maybe it is a different statement from Disney

I really wish this ride had a different name as the abbreviation for it isn't the most family friendly ... and comments like the above make me think of that song that starts with "I like big ...." and I cannot lie ;)
Id just call it Aliens or Saucer Spin not both together lol

I really wish this ride had a different name as the abbreviation for it isn't the most family friendly ... and comments like the above make me think of that song that starts with "I like big ...." and I cannot lie ;)

Didn't think about this, but we are all going to get suspended when talking about the A.S.S. Especially considering the A.S.S. is a whip ride.

I know that it was discussed at some point, but wondering if I missed any conclusion: do we know yet how tiering will work with the new TSL rides?

I think that this ride, seeing some more of the concept art, looks cooler than I imagined it would. I really feel that this addition is going to be great for families. I think it looks fantastic.

I know that it was discussed at some point, but wondering if I missed any conclusion: do we know yet how tiering will work with the new TSL rides?

We don’t but there has been some speculation on it. I personally think that Slinky Dog Dash will be Tier 1 until SWGE opens up and Alien Swirling Saucers will be tier 2.

Um...pretty sure this is for kids - not for the adults. The dance parties in tomorrowland with Stich or Zootopia characters, do you ask the same question? "Why do they have characters having a dance party." These things are designed so the kids can hop around and the parents (maybe) can sit and listen to music.

I haven't really seen it mentioned - but as a point, the Guardians are showing up in the Avengers movie in May - so it's even relevant to a movie that will be in current release.

Personally, I'd love to see it be there until labor day just to see it. I think it could be fun.

Gee, thanks for clearing that up.

I think that this ride, seeing some more of the concept art, looks cooler than I imagined it would. I really feel that this addition is going to be great for families. I think it looks fantastic.

Don't know if you've ridden the Mater ride out at DCA, but this is more or less a clone. The ride is super-fun IMO - and I think this theme will be pretty fun too. It's obvious a "slight" ride - similar to the tea cups, but I think much more fun as you don't get as ill from spinning.

We don’t but there has been some speculation on it. I personally think that Slinky Dog Dash will be Tier 1 until SWGE opens up and Alien Swirling Saucers will be tier 2.

I suspect we will see a change in the Tier at DHS - my guess is until Galaxy's Edge/Mickey Minnie opens we could end up seeing a TSL tier (which would include the three TSL rides) and an "everything else" tier, where similar to Animal Kingdom you get to pick one of the Pandora rides and then pick 2 of the "other" rides. The interesting thing is this could leave a lot of TSM slots open, as people would likely prefer to FP the new rides over TSM.

Long term I think you are right - Slinky Dog ends up as a Tier 1 and The Claw ends up as a Tier 2. The Claw is also going to be a pretty low capacity ride (mad tea party has a ride capacity of only 850 per hour, versus say 7DMT which is 1650 per hour) so even though Slinky Dog will likely be more popular you will actually get some pretty long lines at both these rides. (And The Claw might actually be a tougher FP get with the very limited capacity.)

Edit: It is possible the Claw will have more capacity than the teacups as assuming a duplicate of Mater there may be something like 24 cars, whereas I think there are only around 16 teacups, so I could be off here. TSM has a pretty high capacity now with 3 tracks, so it will be interesting to see how they handle the tiers at opening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter