• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the latter is quite likely - assuming people will be with family this weekend, it might stir up interest in booking trips. While the south starts school vacations near memorial day, a lot of Northern Schools still attend until mid to late June, so a June 30th opening could get people thinking about their summer plans.

I have to say - I think Disney might be in for a slow year beyond this summer. I've been talking to a lot of "normals" (non-Disney nuts) and many are aware of the Star Wars land but are basically saying "we want to plan our next trip around that opening". I wonder if WDW will see an attendance dip over the next 12 months or so due to this...and then the massive spike they are likely anticipating.

I could see that. We’ve been going ~yearly and are going in a few weeks. Our next trip won’t be until fall/winter 2019-20 to wait for the craziness of SWGE to die down a little.

GMA is still a news show and things get moved around or pushed when there's a big news story. Pushing it one day to Friday means the car is only there an extra day not over the weekend so it can still be back in FL tomorrow. With all we say and read about Disney I can't imagine had the announcement been planned for.yesterday they would continue with it and push summer family vacations. I also don't see why they would make it a Friday news dump because the date is fine, it only upsets those that thought it would be mem day weekend like Pandora. I would guess it's also more likely to get picked up by other news broadcasts that want a happy story. Our ABC Seattle station always reports on the big dl/Disney stuff.
This date is later than expected. According to what I’ve heard there have been issues with Alien Swirling Saucers. That could have led to the delay. Disney is opening a Toy Story Land in April in Shanghai, and Incredible Summer starts Memorial Day weekend. My guess is the original plan was for this land to open that weekend. Disney typically doesn’t hold a big announcement for late in the week. Pandora was announced in a shareholders call for example. Pixar Pier is even opening slightly before Toy Story Land.

This date is later than expected. According to what I’ve heard there have been issues with Alien Swirling Saucers. That could have led to the delay. Disney is opening a Toy Story Land in April in Shanghai, and Incredible Summer starts Memorial Day weekend. My guess is the original plan was for this land to open that weekend. Disney typically doesn’t hold a big announcement for late in the week. Pandora was announced in a shareholders call for example. Pixar Pier is even opening slightly before Toy Story Land.

Oh - I'm certain they were targeting Memorial Day weekend, but looking at the state of the land, it doesn't look to me like the only issue holding up things is a

I could see that. We’ve been going ~yearly and are going in a few weeks. Our next trip won’t be until fall/winter 2019-20 to wait for the craziness of SWGE to die down a little.

Considering WDW Star Wars won't be open until probably Nov/Dec - there's a good chance you will still get some residual craziness.

I think the latter is quite likely - assuming people will be with family this weekend, it might stir up interest in booking trips. While the south starts school vacations near memorial day, a lot of Northern Schools still attend until mid to late June, so a June 30th opening could get people thinking about their summer plans.

I have to say - I think Disney might be in for a slow year beyond this summer. I've been talking to a lot of "normals" (non-Disney nuts) and many are aware of the Star Wars land but are basically saying "we want to plan our next trip around that opening". I wonder if WDW will see an attendance dip over the next 12 months or so due to this...and then the massive spike they are likely anticipating.

Perhaps but I also know some that were waiting for Toy Story Land and now will see that and Pandora and wait a bit for craziness of initial crunch of Star Wars to dies down - also economy has been pretty good for a while ... I get what you are saying and probably won't see spike up they might expect from a new land but I don't think any big drop will happen

We used them last fall at Beach Club. I'm glad they expanded to other resorts and hope that this means they have more cars now.... otherwise, it's going to be difficult to snag one when you really want it.

I would assume they are staffing up as they go. We used one last year and it was very nice, but at $25 now I might just use Lyft if we need one. (Don't think we'll need one next week anyways.)

I would assume they are staffing up as they go. We used one last year and it was very nice, but at $25 now I might just use Lyft if we need one. (Don't think we'll need one next week anyways.)
They just got about 40 more vehicles in. I believe even more are coming.
As they collect utilization data, I wonder if we will begin to see Minnie Van "packages." For example, they could sell x rides per resort stay night at some rate just below the amount it would cost to do that many single rides. I apologize if this has already been discussed.

As they collect utilization data, I wonder if we will begin to see Minnie Van "packages." For example, they could sell x rides per resort stay night at some rate just below the amount it would cost to do that many single rides. I apologize if this has already been discussed.

I haven't heard the idea mentioned before.

I could see that.

Also wonder if they might start including a ride with certain things - like with a dessert party ticket or something

Wonder what pool of employees they are using for the minnie vans.....seems like that would be a good way to get a few extra hours in from some enterprising staff.

We used the Minnie Van service in December. We liked it but don't plan on using it very often. $25 a ride is pretty steep. There is a novelty to it I suppose that is nice to experience every once and a while. It was very clean and the driver was very friendly so it definitely wasn't a bad thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter