News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, saw Black Panther. It was really good.

Was thinking, does this really need to be an attraction in WDW? It’s great to have new stuff, but every successful IP having a spot in the parks seems overkill.

For what it’s worth, when I saw Frozen, I instantly said, “This was written for Broadway.”

Not sure if they can do a Black Panther attraction in WDW as he was an official memeber of the Avengers at one point so I think they can not use that IP in Orlando

Maybe something in a park where they are doing a full Marvel land like Paris or DCA

Maybe it's just me, but I think people are reading a bit too much into Iger's comment. Saying an Imagineer is working on something doesn't hold a lot of weight (at least not with me). For every Disney attraction that makes it into the park, I'm sure there are at least a dozen that stay on the shelf. To me, it's no different than when Tony Baxter worked on that Marry Poppins ride. He was an Imagineer working on an attraction that was probably never going to make it in the park anyways.

Just my two cents is all :)

Maybe it's just me, but I think people are reading a bit too much into Iger's comment. Saying an Imagineer is working on something doesn't hold a lot of weight (at least not with me). For every Disney attraction that makes it into the park, I'm sure there are at least a dozen that stay on the shelf. To me, it's no different than when Tony Baxter worked on that Marry Poppins ride. He was an Imagineer working on an attraction that was probably never going to make it in the park anyways.

Just my two cents is all :)

oh fully agree - but clearly they are trying to get more IP (and different IP, and Marvel / Star Wars where they can) so I don't think it is crazy to think this would have more eyes on it than some other random idea. Plus a little Arm-chair Imagineering is always fun!

My kids love the Grand Fiesta Tour. We usually ride it at least two or three times, depending on the lines. My 6-year-old would ride it for an hour, I think. Even the teenagers would be sad if they scrapped the ride.

They aren't planning to scrap the ride, but they were going to do a Coco overlay. Personally, I think it needs that update, and it would fit very well into the Mexico pavilion.
The current ride, the animatronics seem to have a problem every time I've ridden, and the screens don't always work. I feel it needs some TLC anyways, so adding Coco wouldn't be a super big investment.

I am surprised by this. Coco definitely deserved the win for Best Animated Feature, but I really think "This Is Me" from the Greatest Showman deserved to win best original song. Just my opinion.

I am probably in the minority but I wasn't wowed by "This is Me" - made me think of a lesser "And I am Telling You I'm Not Going"

... although as much as I loved Coco overall I didn't think "Remember Me" was the greatest song ever either ... maybe I am just cranky in my old age ;)

They aren't planning to scrap the ride, but they were going to do a Coco overlay. Personally, I think it needs that update, and it would fit very well into the Mexico pavilion.
The current ride, the animatronics seem to have a problem every time I've ridden, and the screens don't always work. I feel it needs some TLC anyways, so adding Coco wouldn't be a super big investment.

Fully agree - it would fit really well and the movie seems to really celebrate (in a pretty accurate way) aspects of Mexican culture so it isn't just shoe-horning in an IP

I love the ride but it is a bit dated - and the animatronics they added recently are pretty old (they are from the Mickey Mouse Revue I believe) so I am sure they aren't going to work all the time

Fully agree - it would fit really well and the movie seems to really celebrate (in a pretty accurate way) aspects of Mexican culture so it isn't just shoe-horning in an IP

I love the ride but it is a bit dated - and the animatronics they added recently are pretty old (they are from the Mickey Mouse Revue I believe) so I am sure they aren't going to work all the time

I think for that ride they could legitimately use screens for Coco at the end instead of animatronics... although animatronics would be cool, I don't thinks it's a necessity for that ride. Capturing the vibrancy and color of the movie would be more important, and to do that would probably involve more screens and projector work... neither of which are super expensive.

Most likely.

is this the big new sit down restaurant that is being added or is it replacing something else. I was thinking they were adding a big sit down restaurant by the lake but maybe I just assumed that was what it was.

is this the big new sit down restaurant that is being added or is it replacing something else. I was thinking they were adding a big sit down restaurant by the lake but maybe I just assumed that was what it was.
No this is different. This is a quick serve by the pool I believe. The sit down is still shutters but in a new space.

Coronado is adding a restaurant in the middle of their lake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter