News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
No this is different. This is a quick serve by the pool I believe. The sit down is still shutters but in a new space.

Coronado is adding a restaurant in the middle of their lake.

Thanks. We are not CB fans at all, but I did like the addition moving out by the lake and might be tempted to eat there sometime. Same with CR's new one in the lake.

No this is different. This is a quick serve by the pool I believe. The sit down is still shutters but in a new space.

Coronado is adding a restaurant in the middle of their lake.

It’s a new QS in Trinidad. I *think* near the pirate rooms in the south section.

They aren't planning to scrap the ride, but they were going to do a Coco overlay. Personally, I think it needs that update, and it would fit very well into the Mexico pavilion.
The current ride, the animatronics seem to have a problem every time I've ridden, and the screens don't always work. I feel it needs some TLC anyways, so adding Coco wouldn't be a super big investment.

Oh good - I also think a Coco overlay would go well. As much as I love the ride, it is looking a bit worn at this point.

News

Trailer for Christopher Robin comes out tomorrow!

View attachment 306932
Is it just me or does this seem like a clean version of ted?? :rotfl2:pooh: LOL!

ted-movie-poster-2012-1020751276.jpg

Maybe I'm alone on this, but I could not possibly be LESS interested in this. Julie Andrews = Mary Poppins. Period. I never watched that film and thought it felt like an unfinished story... one that needs to be added to with another star 50+ years later... meh.

I am pretty much with you - did not feel the need for this movie to be made so not clamoring to see it. Now if word come out that it is amazing and stands on its own, etc. I will go see it for that, but not because I wanted another Mary Poppins movie

Maybe I'm alone on this, but I could not possibly be LESS interested in this. Julie Andrews = Mary Poppins. Period. I never watched that film and thought it felt like an unfinished story... one that needs to be added to with another star 50+ years later... meh.

I'm on the fence with this one too. What I thought they may do is show Mary Poppins helping a new family (seems like she sort of "swoops in" to save the family and then leaves once they are on a better track in the first one), but this teaser trailer throws things off for me...it's the same street, same time period, same kite...so now I don't know what to think about it. Set in that time period I want Julie Andrews and Dick Van Dyke, which clearly can't happen.

I'm on the fence with this one too. What I thought they may do is show Mary Poppins helping a new family (seems like she sort of "swoops in" to save the family and then leaves once they are on a better track in the first one), but this teaser trailer throws things off for me...it's the same street, same time period, same kite...so now I don't know what to think about it. Set in that time period I want Julie Andrews and Dick Van Dyke, which clearly can't happen.

per Wikipedia the plot of the new movie is: "Set in 1930s London, 25 years after the 1964 film, it sees Mary Poppins, the former nanny of Jane and Michael Banks, re-visiting them after a family tragedy." ... so I think it is that Micheal losses his spark/belief in magic so sort of like what his dad was at the begging of the original and Mary Poppins returns to fix things

per Wikipedia the plot of the new movie is: "Set in 1930s London, 25 years after the 1964 film, it sees Mary Poppins, the former nanny of Jane and Michael Banks, re-visiting them after a family tragedy." ... so I think it is that Micheal losses his spark/belief in magic so sort of like what his dad was at the begging of the original and Mary Poppins returns to fix things

Thanks for this!

Three Caballeros is a really nice attraction for what it is, a place to do something without a terribly long wait. It really is dated and needs some updates. Just seems dusty and forgotten.

After I rode it in November, I thought, "This can turn into COCO and I'll be OK with that." Downside is it will bring a huge line with it.

My daughter loves COCO, but I don't see it becoming "Frozen" popular.

I'm with you that I am not too keen on it. Understand this one takes place a generation later and events involve the children of Jane and Michael. I picture somewhere between completely terrible and merely disappointing. I mean, they got Emily Blunt and Lin Manuel Miranda which are possibly the two people that could get me MOST interested in this movie, but boy do they have a big hill to climb here. Where you try to recapture a movie that's practically perfect in every way - it's like making a sequel to Wizard of Oz (done and terrible) or Casablanca (done and terrible). There's no way to capture that lightning in a bottle. Especially the songs - the original's songs are soooo good there's just no way of going "well, that was OK, but it's no "Step in Time"." It's just going to be constant comparison at which it can only fail to live up to it.

That said - they have every right to make the effort, and these remakes/sequels continue to show Disney success, so why not. Worst case it's not good and we toss it in the bin with Return to Oz and just watch the original.

I’m interested, but it’s funny you say that because that is exactly what my mom says lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter