News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the waterparks have ever been what Disney had hoped they'd be. If they build a resort there, it might have some enhanced water amenities to tie it back to River Country, but I very much doubt it would be anything like a real waterpark.
The waterparks could be so much more but those relying on Disney transportation have a hard time getting there. Also, they could use some updating.

That said - they have every right to make the effort, and these remakes/sequels continue to show Disney success, so why not. Worst case it's not good and we toss it in the bin with Return to Oz and just watch the original.

Quickest way to freak your kids out with a non horror movie, show them Return to Oz. Saw it in the theatre when I was 5 or 6, still freaked out by all the heads over 30 years later. It's also still disturbing to watch as an adult which I did several years ago.

SAB slide still down today fyi. Lots of progress though from yesterday.

Haven' heard the schedule.

20180305_142456.jpg

At Disney Springs ... I really hope they keep the “pop-up” stores open after World of Disney is done with renovations. The Corner and new jewelry/Dooney Store are such an improvement on the chaotic shopping situation at WoD. They have plenty of empty retail spots, so I don’t know why they don’t. I bought far more than I planned on today because I had time to look at the jewelry instead of being elbowed out at the counter.

https://d23.com/d23-event/d23s-return-marceline/

Details were released for the D23 May Marceline event.

Sigh. I was so excited because I just moved outside of Kansas City and thought I could attend an event.

It costs $275 per person and is inexplicably on a Thursday and Friday. So basically they want you to go to a hotel in downtown Kansas City just to sign up Thursday, yet accommodations aren't included. Then you just have to come back to that same hotel you signed in to start the event.

I really wanted to go but now I'm not sure it's worth it.

Last edited:
http://d23expohelpandhowto.blogspot.com/2018/03/d23-has-released-ticket-and-event.html

Sigh. I was so excited because I just moved outside of Kansas City and thought I could attend an event.

It costs $275 per person and is inexplicably on a Thursday and Friday. So basically they want you to go to a hotel in downtown Kansas City just to sign up Thursday, yet accommodations aren't included. Then you just have to come back to that same hotel you signed in to start the event.

I wish I had known you were in the KC area! We've been having meets since last year here.

I'm not a D23 Gold or Gold Family member but an hr is a decent distance just to get to the The Elms Hotel & Spa which is located in Excelsior Springs, MO (which isn't really what I would say is Downtown--it's over 30mins east from the Sprint Center) from my house. And there isn't too many hotel options in Excelsior Springs. BUT I suppose on the upside they were probably trying to stay somewhat in the KC metro and yet be closer to Marceline (which is still 1 hr 45mins or so from the The Elms Hotel & Spa where the tour originates).
_________
For you though I would say if you really want to it may be worth it to you. I know we KC DISers would eventually like to go together for a meet to Marceline but it would be a lot different in terms of information given, etc than going with the D23 event that's for sure.

I wish I had known you were in the KC area! We've been having meets since last year here.

I'm not a D23 Gold or Gold Family member but an hr is a decent distance just to get to the The Elms Hotel & Spa which is located in Excelsior Springs, MO (which isn't really what I would say is Downtown--it's over 30mins east from the Sprint Center) from my house. And there isn't too many hotel options in Excelsior Springs. BUT I suppose on the upside they were probably trying to stay somewhat in the KC metro and yet be closer to Marceline (which is still 1 hr 45mins or so from the The Elms Hotel & Spa where the tour originates).
_________
For you though I would say if you really want to it may be worth it to you. I know we KC DISers would eventually like to go together for a meet to Marceline but it would be a lot different in terms of information given, etc than going with the D23 event that's for sure.

I've only been in the area for about three weeks now. We aren't actually in Kansas City, we are in the Lee's Summit area because I am working in the caves for DHS.

I'd love to meet up with some of you guys if you do another meet soon :)

I think it's mostly the price that gets me. For two of us that would be halfway to a Disney trip. At least enough to pay for flights and a few days at an All Star resort.

I guess you are paying for the Disney stories really, but for $275 per person you get breakfast on a bus, a picnic lunch, bbq dinner. Then you visit an elementary school, a post office, Walt's old farm (which would be cool). I just can't really justify that price, though I did want to go.

https://d23.com/d23-event/d23s-return-marceline/

I also live in the KC area. I was not realizing how much this would actually cost, but I’m still interested in this event. I just wish I could drive myself.

I've only been in the area for about three weeks now. We aren't actually in Kansas City, we are in the Lee's Summit area because I am working in the caves for DHS.

I'd love to meet up with some of you guys if you do another meet soon :)
Lee's Summit is part of the KC metro so you're one of us lol :) and that's awesome you work in the Caves. I like to make things confusing (in a fun way that is) and tell people yes there are 2 Kansas City's, one in KS and one in MO, but I don't even live in either one but rather I live in the suburbs of the KC metro on the KS side

I'll PM you the ongoing Meet thread we have.

I think it's mostly the price that gets me. For two of us that would be halfway to a Disney trip. At least enough to pay for flights and a few days at an All Star resort.

I guess you are paying for the Disney stories really, but for $275 per person you get breakfast on a bus, a picnic lunch, bbq dinner. Then you visit an elementary school, a post office, Walt's old farm (which would be cool). I just can't really justify that price, though I did want to go.
Oh I can totally understand the cost aspect-you're getting a more one on one feel and more than likely unique information but it is coming at a bit of a steep cost. And yes I do agree with you and @AMusicLifeForMe driving, at least as an option for those who live close enough, would be preferable and perhaps a cost reduction.

I'm actually surprised there aren't any real credible "next DVC" rumors out there - both Copper Creek and Riviera were rumored at least 2 years before construction started

It was my understanding that the next DVC rumored to be a 2nd tower for BLT. I'm not sure how "credible" it is, but I often saw it included with the Riviera rumors before Riviera was announced. I remember seeing 2 possible sights under consideration. Of course, if a river country DVC is reserected futute BLT becomes less likely.

It was my understanding that the next DVC rumored to be a 2nd tower for BLT. I'm not sure how "credible" it is, but I often saw it included with the Riviera rumors before Riviera was announced. I remember seeing 2 possible sights under consideration. Of course, if a river country DVC is reserected futute BLT becomes less likely.
That has been thrown around for years now.

Does anyone know if construction has even started on the Ratatouille ride in France?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter