News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it? Seems like really just a coaster with maybe a few screen effects but at least not driven by screens

I would think Guradians would be similar - maybe some screens but not the driver

Tron is definitely not driven by screens but there's one main screen at end of ride. Mostly lighting effects and some physical pieces similar to Rockin Rolling coaster.

Rat is mostly screens. There's physical sets when ur car moves from screen to screen. Were getting the exact same version that Paris has so if you want to see what the ride is going to be like there's tons of ride POVs on youtube. In Mickey and Minnies Runaway Railway the screens are going to be used in a very unique way from what Disney has been saying. From what I heard and read there will be AAs on Mickey railway but I'm not sure how many. I totally understand what your saying about to many screens. Screens are good to enhance certain effects that physical sets cant do but screens can also be a lazy way out.
Rat by the videos looks like a less complex version of Spider-Man (mostly screens with really no special effects like spidey). Which is fine, but again hopefully not a huge trend. I’m curious to see what the first order battle ride is like in Star Wars. I’ve heard it’s gonna be really immersive and such, which hopefully means a lot of physical sets

Just saw Together Forever and was incredibly impressed. Not quite as good as HEA but almost! My parents, who haven’t been to a Disney park in 20 years, also loved them.

For what it’s worth, we got spots 45 minutes early and had center spots right in front of the partners statue so we didn’t have perfect castle views but saw most of the projections

Rat by the videos looks like a less complex version of Spider-Man (mostly screens with really no special effects like spidey).
To be fair, both Spider-Man and Ratatouille are excellent attractions. I don’t really think they’re too similar either (although there’s a couple of special effects in Paris)

As long as screen rides are of that quality, and mixed with coasters, boat rides and everything else, then people will still have a great time

I envision the GotG ride will be similar to Gringotts at USO. Which I enjoyed. Considering the rides at Epcot, I think that'd be fine, especially if the queue is rocking some old Epcot memoribilia. I'm sure there was a time at Disney, if there had been a discussion board like this, that someone would have groaned, "Not another omnimover!" ;)

I envision the GotG ride will be similar to Gringotts at USO. Which I enjoyed. Considering the rides at Epcot, I think that'd be fine, especially if the queue is rocking some old Epcot memoribilia. I'm sure there was a time at Disney, if there had been a discussion board like this, that someone would have groaned, "Not another omnimover!" ;)

Haha - yes honestly I don't completely get the nostalgia crowd on this one, because the early days of Epcot were a lot of same-same. Screens can be incorporated into rides and work fine. An example I think about is Frozen Ever After (I know there's a lot of hate towards that ride too.) Mostly it's animatronics, but then in the Elsa scene they use screens to project the snow storm. And as I said Navi River Journey has a nice balance of practical and screens (that ride has the separate problem of being not particularly interesting). I think maybe what I find is that screen rides for me anyways don't have quite the repeatability factor. The perfect example to me was Kong. I LOVED it the first time I rode it, but then the next two subsequent rides I became less and less impressed - EXCEPT the giant animatronic at the end.

I think maybe what I find is that screen rides for me anyways don't have quite the repeatability factor. The perfect example to me was Kong. I LOVED it the first time I rode it, but then the next two subsequent rides I became less and less impressed - EXCEPT the giant animatronic at the end.
I agree with this for the most part with TSMM and FOP being the exceptions for me. TSMM because of the interactive nature of the ride and FOP probably just because I think it’s the best screen based ride and there is so much to see.

Never. Never enough omnimovers.

Think how much more fun life would be if everything could be done on an omnimover. If I could peacefully travel along at a sustained slow speed through my office building all day, work would be so much more fun...

Never. Never enough omnimovers.

Think how much more fun life would be if everything could be done on an omnimover. If I could peacefully travel along at a sustained slow speed through my office building all day, work would be so much more fun...
I love a good omnimover but not every attraction should be an omnimover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter