News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
When they start having Frozen Mickey Margaritas in MK then we will know Disney has just said nope MK can be another Epcot. Then we will get the drink around the kingdom issues that we get when people Drink around the world at Epcot. Disney knows that this can be a issue. There are enough publicized drunken encounter reports at Epcot that Disney might not want to see at MK.

Last edited:
As someone staying at BLT this year, I’m very tempted to do that myself before hitting the MK at night. Talk about a zip-a-dee-doo-dah day
As a BLT owner who may have done this once or twice, I'd say go for it. :)

I mean... they sell alcohol in the Contemporary store, after all... and they give me a fridge in my DVC unit... that's an invitation, right? ;)

I don't think they will add offerings at carts and quick services because of how MK operates. Like others have said you have parades and other things going on. This park isn't Epcot. Table services and quick service locations they can control is one thing. Having it at carts and such is another. MK was never intended to be a full service alcohol serving park.

I don't know about carts but I do think maybe quick service. I agree that the unintended consequences are harder to manage in MK than Epcot with space, etc., but my understanding of the dining plan changes is that it includes an alcoholic beverage at quick service meals so that would be a whole park where people would perceive themselves "losing value". I'm not really a dining plan person so I don't know, I just think it might add pressure (or justification, depending upon how you look at it...).

As a BLT owner who may have done this once or twice, I'd say go for it. :)

I mean... they sell alcohol in the Contemporary store, after all... and they give me a fridge in my DVC unit... that's an invitation, right? ;)

That's the only logical conclusion I can draw. Think of the money they're losing on what they could have sold you in the parks.

While I don't agree with many of them I think they have endless ideas for upsell events. I honestly am surprised we haven't seen any big new ones as of late.

Additional charge rare character parties!

Disney needs to put me in charge of up sell events, I'll make them some money and provide fun events.

That Pixar Pier VIP thing is insane. Insane, but it will still sell out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter