News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, I mean, D23 convention isn't that old (I think 2009 was first one) so hard to compare vs back in the day when they would work on rides and not do them - they wouldn't have a giant press conference for it

Definitely big things - Western River Expedition, Mythical Beasts section of Animal Kingdom, or even the Mineral King Valley Ski Resort all got pretty far into development
Hyperion Wharf and David Copperfields dining thing would be the last two big announcements cancelled at WDW.

They even had the shovels out and ready to go.
Well, maybe the people operating the shovels are crazy busy. There has to be a finite capacity. Maybe they've reached it, and this is merely a temporary stoppage.

Not that this is anything compared to the theater news, but we just ate at Friar Nook's on Tuesday. I would have been both sad and happy to get the tots. Plain mac and cheese (with bread crumbs) and one with a topping - it'd been bbq chicken since September but last January it was pot roast :thumbsup2. Also hot dogs here.

I thought I had a picture of the bbq chicken one, but I guess not... basic but creamy and delicious, if you're into mac and cheese

QsgB23Im.jpg

Not that this is anything compared to the theater news, but we just ate at Friar Nook's on Tuesday. I would have been both sad and happy to get the tots. Plain mac and cheese (with bread crumbs) and one with a topping - it'd been bbq chicken since September but last January it was pot roast :thumbsup2. Also hot dogs here.

I thought I had a picture of the bbq chicken one, but I guess not... basic but creamy and delicious, if you're into mac and cheese

QsgB23Im.jpg

I don't see why we can't have both ... tater tots covered in creamy mac n cheese sounds pretty good to me!

I use the app sometimes but the kids in the car thing is massive. They need a way to bring it out to the car. Like Walmart and grocery pickup. Even if they just had a parking spot or two and a runner. I think that would speed adoption. Honestly, the hassle of parking, when it our CFA is slammed, getting out, getting past the people sort of in lines but really just clustered around, yelling my name to the pickup person... it's just not that convenient the way it is currently set up.

Those old "parking for drive through" spots that give McDonald's so much grief are really the answer here and I'm surprised CFA hasn't gone that route.

I agree about the parking spots. They tried it at our CFA for awhile - actually it was the curbside option - but I think they decided they needed the TWO parking places more! I can’t even describe how crazy our CFA can get! There are times when I have ordered ahead and arrive to gridlock. A couple of weeks ago I think it took me at least 5 minutes JUST to get in the parking lot. If I hadn’t ordered ahead (and pushed “I’m here”), I would have left.

Hmmm, I don't think our CFA does the app ordering

But anyway we are either going to eat there or use the drive through - especially if my wife is alone she isn't going to park, get three kids out of car seats, walk through the parking lot, pick up the stuff, herd them all back, get three kids back in car seats, etc. she actually seeks out places with drive through a to avoid that

BUT that shouldn't be an issue at WDW when c Mating standing in the queue and doing mobile order pick up so potentially more people will adopt quicker - bet I don't think will ever be a maFor example, we have had tons of times we could me to a ride with a 30min+ wait and check MDE and there are FP available for that ride basically right then

Schlepping kids in and out of the car, or rather car seats, is NO fun. If all the other people would use the app, it would make the lives of the mommies & daddies who NEED to use the drive-thru so much easier! :D

I will be VERY interested in how quickly WDW guests adopt the technology. I think Disney has an “advantage” in that most already use the app for FPs and such. And now with the DDP integration, I’m sure those folks will get several emails ahead of their trip reminding them to use the app.

I, too, am really disappointed in this news. What a bummer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter