News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m confused, what’s the hate? Is it just the “Guardians don’t belong in Epcot” thing? To me, the ride is coming whether we like it or not, might as well embrace it. A free dance party seems fine to me.

Reread the article before posting... I totally understand the hate. WHY would they put it in that location?!? Why not by Mission: Space? Or literally anywhere else in Future World over that theater?!
For me it’s dance parties. Why do we need so many dance parties. Can’t we have some actual entertainment for everyone? The location isn’t great either.

i thought the Asian Resort was going to go where the Grand Floridian currently is - it was the Venetian that was going to go between the TTC and the Contemporary that was scraped because the land was unstable (but I could be wrong)
Yes, you're correct on this. The Asian Resort was to built on the site of the current Grand Floridian.

After Eisner became CEO, he had plans to build the Mediterranean Resort which would be themed to the Greek islands on site between the TTC and Contemporary. It was at that point that it was discovered that the land was not suitable for construction without great expense. All of the pylons would sink well below the ground.

The songs won’t necessarily be out of place but the characters are, in my opinion. It would make so much more sense if this was in FW. And true there’s no stage by MS but that doesn’t mean they can’t have a dance party in that area without a stage
I agree why isn’t this on the future world stage. This is totally out of place in world showcase. Nothing about a Marvel dance party screams America.

For me it’s dance parties. Why do we need so many dance parties. Can’t we have some actual entertainment for everyone? The location isn’t great either.
No such thing as "entertainment for EVERYONE". :)

I don't care for the dance parties, but many people seem to. And I appreciate anything that draws some people away from where I want to be. :thumbsup2

No such thing as "entertainment for EVERYONE". :)

I don't care for the dance parties, but many people seem to. And I appreciate anything that draws some people away from where I want to be. :thumbsup2
A guardians show similar to the Star Wars thing at DHS would be fine to me. I just don’t like that everything has to be a dance party. Sure Incredibles dance party in Tomorrowland whatever but does every park need a dance party?

A guardians show similar to the Star Wars thing at DHS would be fine to me. I just don’t like that everything has to be a dance party. Sure Incredibles dance party in Tomorrowland whatever but does every park need a dance party?
Apparently, yes!!! :D

I don’t mind the concerts they put on. They at least are American bands for the most part. Guardians just isn’t thematically appropriate for World Showcase.
I hear ya'. I guess I hate what's there so much that it can't be worse IMO. There are GREAT American bands with AMAZING songs... but that band they have playing when there isn't a special event that draws in artists is always terrible -- sorry -- just AWFUL. It's Disney -- can they not get anyone better?! Really not willing to pay more?? What is it??

It's one of the biggest Disney mysteries to our family... besides Disney IT, of course... :rolleyes1

(and we rarely like the actual bands that they can attract for the special events either :( -- we just appreciate that it draws some people away from where we want to be -- figure this will do the same, so ok by me)

No way this could be worse than the "band" that normally butchers great songs in that location. How/where would they host this by Mission Space, btw?

If it is like how they do it in DCA it doesn't take up much room - I think it could fit there or even in front of the construction walls infront of Universe of Energy (assuming it is similar)
Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-Awesome-Dance-Off-630x556.png

If it is like how they do it in DCA it doesn't take up much room - I think it could fit there or even in front of the construction walls infront of Universe of Energy (assuming it is similar)
Meh. Like I said... they already have a stage with nothing good happening on it. I get that the location isn't perfect, but this isn't permanent, is it?

I hear ya'. I guess I hate what's there so much that it can't be worse IMO. There are GREAT American bands with AMAZING songs... but that band they have playing when there isn't a special event that draws in artists is always terrible -- sorry -- just AWFUL. It's Disney -- can they not get anyone better?! Really not willing to pay more?? What is it??

It's one of the biggest Disney mysteries to our family... besides Disney IT, of course... :rolleyes1

(and we rarely like the actual bands that they can attract for the special events either :( -- we just appreciate that it draws some people away from where we want to be -- figure this will do the same, so ok by me)
I’m guessing Disney want to pay more for bigger names. It’s not a music festival it’s a food or flower or arts festival with music on the side.

I’m guessing Disney want to pay more for bigger names. It’s not a music festival it’s a food or flower or arts festival with music on the side.
I don't even mean the actual bands they attract for the various festivals. I get that there's a limit to who wants to play a theme park -- no matter what they'd pay!!!

I mean the regular band they have BUTCHERING songs when there isn't a real band there. Horrible. All of it. What they do to Aerosmith songs should be illegal. Sorry. You've read my posts over the years... I am rarely THIS negative about anything (but Avatar!). It's that bad to me.

So the offerings start May 25th yet Toy Story Land is still “Summer 2018”....

Yea, caught that too. Hoping for announcement Tuesday with the earning call like Pandora maybe? If it is not open for my trip and TTSM is closed we will skip the park altogether this time and do two days at AK instead.

I get that but I think a dance party with GOTG characters makes more sense than Incredibles characters lol. But Incredibles is getting a new movie so can't scrap theirs!

Last edited:
Yea, caught that too. Hoping for announcement Tuesday with the earning call like Pandora maybe? If it is not open for my trip and TTSM is closed we will skip the park altogether this time and do two days at AK instead.
I wasn't aware that TSM is closed or would be at all.

Definitely big things - Western River Expedition, Mythical Beasts section of Animal Kingdom, or even the Mineral King Valley Ski Resort all got pretty far into development

Hyperion Wharf and David Copperfields dining thing would be the last two big announcements cancelled at WDW.

The list of cancelled attractions could fill a theme park on it's own. You didn't even get into the Muppet Land or the Roger Rabbit Land at DHS, or the Mel Brooks' Tower of Terror that was in the works for a while (though I don't think that one was ever announced). There's definitely a "Trust the Shovels" point though, and that's what's odd about this one.

News

An Incredible Summer at WDW

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...-all-four-parks/?CMP=SOC-DPFY18Q2wo201180006A

Will someone please let them know that TSMMs third track already opened...

What sucks is we aren't going back until end of August, and I would bet most of these offerings will be already over by then. I am not upset by things like Guardians dance party - we are too far past the "purity" of Epcot.

As others have mentioned - I notice no date for TSL in this announcement. I think we can feel pretty confident Memorial Day is unlikely now.

I don't think the Incredibles belong in Tomorrowland, either... I also don't get the whole dance party thing, but apparently other people like them because they keep adding them.

The Incredibles were directed by Brad Bird, who also directed another Disney movie called...wait for it...Tomorrowland! So, yeah Incredibles are directly connected to Tomorrowland!

Anyways - this is nothing new - the Incredibles are always having dance parties in Tomorrowland.

I wasn't aware that TSM is closed or would be at all.

It's not fully confirmed yet - supposedly they will have to close the entire ride for a bit to finish moving the entrance from the current way to the one inside Toy Story Land. There is some chatter of people having issues booking FP for TSMM in some days in March, but that is just leading to speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter