News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got around to watching the video of the new Pixar parade. I have to agree with PPs, I definitely was not impressed and was more than a little disappointed. I thought that the accompanying music was particularly vanilla and didn’t add much.
Most of the parade is old. The parade only had a few new things such as the Luxo lamp, Up float, and Inside Out.

You mean the rocket sleds aren't coming back? Disney doesn't drop the ball often, but Peoplemover to Rocketsleds, to sad nostalgia pylons and tracks was a big one...

The worst is those pylons make the entrance to Tomorrowland an insane crowd funnel (along with Astro Orbiter) and it is always such a mess there. Hope this really happens but it's been a problem for 20 years why do something now.

I imagined the battle attraction to be kinda like Kong based on what I've heard, am I wrong on that?

No one really knows the whole thing but I don't think like Kong at all. First it's a trackless ride vehicle which typically would be very different from the very linear path of Kong, and then also rumors that there will be an interactive (shoot the bad guys) aspect to it as well. Could be a lot of screens, but they also built to full-size AT-ATs into the building - so not entirely screens.

The worst is those pylons make the entrance to Tomorrowland an insane crowd funnel (along with Astro Orbiter) and it is always such a mess there. Hope this really happens but it's been a problem for 20 years why do something now.
I'm guessing because of the crowds. Finally got to the point where it can't be ignored and with SW:GE coming in, it's going to be even more crowded. From the news snippets, it seems like flow around the park is something they are addressing in different ways. I'm guessing the mess of removing these towers was always greater than the inconvenience of having them, but push is coming to shove in 2019, quite literally, and they need to find any open space they can easily create.

You mean the rocket sleds aren't coming back? Disney doesn't drop the ball often, but Peoplemover to Rocketsleds, to sad nostalgia pylons and tracks was a big one...

Not sure if you listen to Connecting with Walt but they are now covering the early 2000’s and the last episode focused on Disneyland and between Rocket Rods and the opening of Disney California Adventure (which had a whopping 8,000 people for opening day) it was not a high watermark for the company

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter