News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they are having trouble filling tables, it doesn't matter that it's unique. We have never eaten at WCC because, as you said, there are tons of other places to eat that are more appealing. We may try WCC now that it will be quieter. It was mentioned on the other thread that WL is a deluxe resort and the constant deafening noise from Whispering Canyon sort of detract from the upscale (and very expensive) ambiance in the lobby. I'm sure the management was okay with that if tables are always full, but if not, why not make some adjustments to see how it affects dining reservations there?

I was specifically interested to see that the pony races won't start until after 10:00 am. I have stayed at WL a few times and wanted a table service breakfast option with no screaming or antics and settled for Roaring Forks since there was no assurance of a quiet meal at WCC even if you "opted out" of the antics.

And yes, I realize what a grump I sound like. Stay off my lawn! Just wanted to share the alternate perspective - we like other schtick (Trader Sam's comes to mind) but this theme, the noise, and the rude server bit has never appealed to us.
That’s your opinion and that’s totally fair (I’m sure others feel similarly). I will say I’d be curious to see what the attendance numbers look like overall

That could be amazing - I could also see it being pretty darn pricey!

First I had heard of a lunch prefix coming to Le Cellier as well - no pricing listed though
That's in line with Disney's current overall pricing policy of, "If you have to ask how much it costs, you can't afford it." :-)

If they are having trouble filling tables, it doesn't matter that it's unique. We have never eaten at WCC because, as you said, there are tons of other places to eat that are more appealing. We may try WCC now that it will be quieter. It was mentioned on the other thread that WL is a deluxe resort and the constant deafening noise from Whispering Canyon sort of detract from the upscale (and very expensive) ambiance in the lobby. I'm sure the management was okay with that if tables are always full, but if not, why not make some adjustments to see how it affects dining reservations there?

I was specifically interested to see that the pony races won't start until after 10:00 am. I have stayed at WL a few times and wanted a table service breakfast option with no screaming or antics and settled for Roaring Forks since there was no assurance of a quiet meal at WCC even if you "opted out" of the antics.

And yes, I realize what a grump I sound like. Stay off my lawn! Just wanted to share the alternate perspective - we like other schtick (Trader Sam's comes to mind) but this theme, the noise, and the rude server bit has never appealed to us.
Honestly the shenanigans is what got me to go to WCC not the food. The food was actually a pleasant surprise for me though. I have loved 50's Prime Time in the past so that is why I wanted to go here. I wouldn't call the server rude either. Its not like there are ton of restaurants like this on property. It is sad that we are losing one of the few still around.

That could be amazing - I could also see it being pretty darn pricey!

First I had heard of a lunch prefix coming to Le Cellier as well - no pricing listed though

I wish they would list the price. This is something DH and myself might be interested in trying.

Honestly the shenanigans is what got me to go to WCC not the food. The food was actually a pleasant surprise for me though. I have loved 50's Prime Time in the past so that is why I wanted to go here. I wouldn't call the server rude either. Its not like there are ton of restaurants like this on property. It is sad that we are losing one of the few still around.
It is sad I went there on my last trip and had much fun.I will miss the shenanigans.

I just hope they don't make the store boring.

If they make it look similar to the new Disney Style store then I won’t be as disappointed. Disney Style has that clean look like Disney wants but they added some Disney touches like the teacup and skyway. Disney Corner on the other hand is awful looking, has no Disney touches. The style of World of Disney will definitely be missed.

Hopefully I'm reading this incorrectly. Are they adding a new building or replacing one of the restaurants? Hoping they aren't planning on a waterfront restaurant. It's wonderful for the diners but it's starting to feel like the Epcot corridor. I'm sure whatever they do will be attractive I just don't like losing the water views.
This is suppose to go in the back of the pavilion from my understanding. There had been rumors swirling for a while around this.

This is suppose to go in the back of the pavilion from my understanding. There had been rumors swirling for a while around this.
Whew. That would be wonderful instead of waterfront. Will keep my fingers crossed your rumor is true.

Hopefully I'm reading this incorrectly. Are they adding a new building or replacing one of the restaurants? Hoping they aren't planning on a waterfront restaurant. It's wonderful for the diners but it's starting to feel like the Epcot corridor. I'm sure whatever they do will be attractive I just don't like losing the water views.
Adding another restaurant.

so in that back store area that now (or at least in March was) candy and sweets? Wonder if it would also include that back entrance with the shogun warriors statues..... I always enjoy looking at those...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter