• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2020

I am pop. I start July 23. Are you saying you think that someone like me would have their trip totally cancelled? Or do you think they will just move me to another resort ?
It's clear to me based on the capacity constraints that tens of thousands of guests per week who have reservations need to not go. Hopefully enough will cancel themselves due to masks, park hours, lack of fireworks, etc that there won't be an issue. But if that doesn't happen, Disney will probably have to come up with some way of cancelling people.

HOW they decide who gets cancelled, if it comes to that, I have no idea. I just think that whoever is left will be consolidated, probably into something the same or better than what they booked (which is what Disney usually does when they have to move guests due to unusual circumstances)

We do have a thread for discussion on the Disney reopening and everything that goes with that. I suggest we keep that there. As we get back to some semblance of normalcy news will pick up here as well so I would hate for that to get lost as I am already seeing such.

Sorry if this has been mentioned, any thoughts on Food and Wine?

Nothing official or rumor as of yet, other than folks picking a side of the fence to discuss why they think it may or may not happen this year. I've read a rumor that the fall college program may be cancelled. If that is indeed true, this could possibly cause a staffing issue for the F&W Fest. But then again, depending in what form F&W could or would resurface this year, they may not need a similar amount of staffing.

What were you looking for to be answered? (Not attacking just curious)

If it’s numbers, Disney would never give those out. Many were shocked that they did for Shanghai but it seems that is because of what the government set the limit at.
I didn't necessarily expect specifics on anything, I just thought it was funny how he evaded answering most of the questions directly. Which is something I knew Iger would do sometimes as well.

Like when asked how they're going to enforce the mask rule, he just says that guests have been cooperative so far and that they're going to enforce it.

Our Sep trip is a FD BB which meant we had to purchase the PH to qualify for Free Dining. Given the reduced park hours it will be much more challenging to utilize the PH even if we're able to based on availability to enter different parks.

Add me to the list of those waiting to find out how they will handle all of this.

I would think if they don't allow park hoping they would have to refund you the value of the PH on your tickets

If they DO allow park hoping it could actually help elongate days as the park times are a bit stagarde - so if you rope drop MK and then later hop to EPCOT you could get in a pretty full/long day

But will that be the case now?

With the parks having been closed for months, Disney not wanting a ton of people to show up initially and many places that will be on reduced number of people in a given gathering for a while, people's concerns over being in a crowd, etc impact Disney's (and 3rd party sellers) past procedures. Much of this is not related to past reasons for people not being able to use their tickets. That's some information I'm interested to see how Disney's handles (if they even deviate from the past norm).

I gotcha. I think they'd have to change the fine print on the tickets themselves, which could only be done for tickets bought going forward. Just like they still have to honor the non-expiring tickets from years ago even though they changed the policy. Now - I could absolutely see them 1) requiring date based tickets (no more flexible date tickets) and 2) limiting ticket numbers available for given dates just like they do for parties, which would mean that you could still upgrade expired tickets, but you would have to choose a specific date and tickets would have to still be available for those dates. That would satisfy the capacity limitations and restrictions but still allow Disney to honor the value of the expired tickets unless/until they change the policy in writing.

do you guys think world showcase will open? And what about those of us with non DVC stays in late July. Should I worry about being cancelled on or do u think they’ll just move me to another hotel if mine is closed? They didn’t act like yesterday they would be cancelling any reservations when they opened seemed like to me they’re trying to cap it so they can focus on us

I would expect if they have you at a resort that doesn't open, they will move you to an equivalent or a nicer resort for the same price. I think a lot of people will be cancelling.

I would think if they don't allow park hoping they would have to refund you the value of the PH on your tickets

If they DO allow park hoping it could actually help elongate days as the park times are a bit stagarde - so if you rope drop MK and then later hop to EPCOT you could get in a pretty full/long day

I would agree with this - if they don't allow park hopping - they should (and I think would) refund the park-hopper portion of the ticket. My guess is they won't refund APs though.

My biggest concern right now is how this whole "pre-reservation" to the parks will work. I never had to worry about being able to go to a park before. We are going in October and so we have a way to go to find out what's happening, but can I ensure I can get into a park that we have a dining reservation in? Can i know when before I'm traveling do I have the parks I want. I am not sweating this because my trip is months away but will be interested to find this out.

I would agree with this - if they don't allow park hopping - they should (and I think would) refund the park-hopper portion of the ticket. My guess is they won't refund APs though.

My biggest concern right now is how this whole "pre-reservation" to the parks will work. I never had to worry about being able to go to a park before. We are going in October and so we have a way to go to find out what's happening, but can I ensure I can get into a park that we have a dining reservation in? Can i know when before I'm traveling do I have the parks I want. I am not sweating this because my trip is months away but will be interested to find this out.
plan you park day to coincide with your dining reservation if at all possible. I know this does not always work. I have reservations at Epcot 4 nights. We are all in a wait and see mode.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter