News Round Up 2020

Chapek said on CNBC yesterday that they would not open more hotels than they need to initially.

I imagine (this is pure speculation) that, at the very least, both Port Orleans resorts, Coronado Springs, and the All Stars will not open.
Depending on occupancy levels, it would not surprise me to see Pop Century and Yacht Club join them.
That's all the resorts without a DVC attached except for AoA, which with all the suites would be harder to accommodate guests from (although I wouldn't completely rule that out either if they have trouble filling the DVC rooms with points guests).

I am booked at POR.

I personally don't think they would close both Coronado Springs AND Yacht Club as those are the main resorts for conventions... and although it may look like no conventions are happening right now, I can guarantee that they have group bookings at those resorts and it would be extremely difficult to move them since that is where the convention center space is. You can't just move groups like that to a resort with no convention space

Not surprising .. no need for FP+ if have limited attendance. I am surprised they didn't have all this decided and set in place before they made their big opening announcement. Definitely has a "fly by the seat of your pants" feel of figuring out how this will all go.

I'd love it if they kept ADRs to 60 days forever. Never understood why youhad to make dining reservations so far ahead of FP .. or even your reservation totally.

This is all great though. All the questions guests with CURRENT reservations have had are being answered OR we know they are being addressed.

I figured they would need to hit the reset button on some things to accommodate the re-open restrictions.

I wonder what the other "major change"could be at this point? No park hoppers? No Disney transportation?

Really though .. going to Disney just may not be worth it except for a "short" visit for the rest of the year (or at least for a few months)

This is all great though. All the questions guests with CURRENT reservations have had are being answered OR we know they are being addressed.

I figured they would need to hit the reset button on some things to accommodate the re-open restrictions.

I wonder what the other "major change"could be at this point? No park hoppers? No Disney transportation?

Really though .. going to Disney just may not be worth it except for a "short" visit for the rest of the year (or at least for a few months)
Disney has commented on transportation. I imagine it’s park hopping.

Virtual queue areas you must wait in while waiting for your “virtual” queue. The most popular ride queue zones will force guest to enter Tom Sawyer island. Kidding if that wasn’t obvious.

Virtual queue areas you must wait in while waiting for your “virtual” queue. The most popular ride queue zones will force guest to enter Tom Sawyer island. Kidding if that wasn’t obvious.

Yeah! We love TSI.

If this goes well with dining ADRs at only 60 days out I wonder if that might stick around for a while vs going back to 180

That would be fine as long as FPs, if/when they come back, aren't reserved on the same day.

Still trying to think of a "major change" to the way we "know" Disney. Potentially only having parks open on certain days? (like MK only open every other day?) .. or splitting the day into morning/afternoon and your reservation is only good for HALF the day? Maybe just a list of the attractions that will be for sure closed (like all indoor theatres)? (or have they said that already?)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter