News Round Up 2020

I think they are doing it to temporarily boost sales. They've done it twice in recent years. (from 50 to 75 then from 75 to 100) The problem is at a certain point it will drive people away. You are now looking at $19,000 (with incentives) to get perks, and it will become $21,875 (with incentives) to get perks. Crazy considering a few years ago you could spend about $7500 to get perks.
The perks that are also temporarily suspended right now......

No, we’re looking at Summer 2021 maybe later depending on how long the delay was in construction.

I think because the structure and track look to be so far along it gives a false sense of progress. The pathway to the queue is going to take months and that havent even started that yet.

Is Tron close to being complete? I feel like putting in a rollercoaster shouldn't take that much time anyway. Especially one that is more 'off the shelf', since it was already built in Shanghai.
It's roughly a year away. The Railroad and the pandemic have added time to this project vs any other one, while the swampland they're building on extends the timeframe for all WDW roller coaster projects vs say Kings Island or Canada's Wonderland.

You can have it fast, good or cheap... pick 2. Unless you are Disney. Then it'll just be unbelievably slow and expensive, but probably good. Somehow Disney breaks the fundamental rule of project management and only gets 1 option...
I used to work for a government agency, and our unofficial motto was, “We may be expensive, but we’re slow.”

You can have it fast, good or cheap... pick 2. Unless you are Disney. Then it'll just be unbelievably slow and expensive, but probably good. Somehow Disney breaks the fundamental rule of project management and only gets 1 option...
Yeah, Disney is not known for quick and they aren’t known for cheap.

Disney builds so slow, but I think the reality is that the theming just takes a lot of time. A normal coaster can be built in a year, but that is no show building, no theming, no rock work, and a basic queue.

For those you have to add, "and it'll be so good, we'll get paid to do it again next year."
If you're implying that they should have redone the water, sewer and gas lines all during the road widening project instead of in the three consecutive years afterwards well I don't know how you expect someone to ever be able to coordinate that.

Just wish they would have updated Tomorroland Speedway to more of a futuristic car ride. It sits right there in the middle.

I never liked the design of Tomorrowland's theming. Too sterile and I'm happy the retro stuff is gone.

I just don't know how it's going to look because tron is sitting behind speedway and space. Just looking at a recent shot from bioreconstruct tweet of the area, how are they going to integrate it full. It's almost like the people mover is going to be blocking the sight lines no?

from google maps:

This is where the entrance is going to be right? It doesn't seem very open with the people mover in the way like that.

I dont think the Speedway is going to last much longer. I dont think it’ll be an announced closure at D23 2021, but I dont think TLS is still at MK in 2030. Just my opinion. It takes up almost half the real estate of Tomorrowland, they could fit a number of new attractions in that space

I dont think the Speedway is going to last much longer. I dont think it’ll be an announced closure at D23 2021, but I dont think TLS is still at MK in 2030. Just my opinion. It takes up almost half the real estate of Tomorrowland, they could fit a number of new attractions in that space
The same thing has been said about the Subs at DL for years too.

it would be great if it could be reimagined to go around and over other attractions to reduce (ie stretch) the footprint but still maintain the experience. It could be that the outside of the buildings irt went behind and around could be decorated like the scenery from Cars....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter