News Round Up 2020

We've never seen the 4th and 5th Pirates of the Caribbean movies - went last night to finally watch the 4th one, and it was pulled. 😕 Looks like they need a "Leaving Soon" type category.

I've already really thought they needed a "New to Disney+" type category. Our streaming views on Dinsey+ are not helping any of their numbers right now. Other than Mandalorian, we've hardly been watching. Part of it is looking around trying to see if there's anything new to catch our eyes, and since we can't really see much that's new, just move on to one of the streaming service each day.
I agree those categories would be nice to add. Personally, I think the D+ interface works, but it isn't nearly as good as Netflix. I hope they keep improving it, but am afraid they'll think it is good enough.

I seriously hope so. Moving away from the current Era is necessary. And Old Republic has high expectations already. This would be great.
Hopefully we’ll learn a little more about the era soon. More information on Project Luminous (books/comics/game potentially tying into said era) is supposedly coming this month per the source MakingStarWars referenced.

I hope this rumor is wrong. I don’t want anymore prequels. To me, a fresh start would be moving the story forward. Not backwards.

I guess we’ll have to see what happens. It’s unlikely that they have any definite plans if they’re truly taking a break.
True but at the same time there is so much of the Galaxy and so much time periods not explored. I’ll gladly take some early stuff too as long as it’s high quality.

I hope this rumor is wrong. I don’t want anymore prequels. To me, a fresh start would be moving the story forward. Not backwards.

I guess we’ll have to see what happens. It’s unlikely that they have any definite plans if they’re truly taking a break.

This would be so far in the past it wouldn’t be a prequel, it would be an entirely new storyline.

Hopefully we’ll learn a little more about the era soon. More information on Project Luminous (books/comics/game potentially tying into said era) is supposedly coming this month per the source MakingStarWars referenced.

What's interesting is Project Luminous was supposed to be Charles Soule's main Star Wars comic book gig for 2020 ... and he's now the writer for 'Star Wars vol2' which takes place between Empire and RoTJ. Does this mean that Luminous will be a few years of non-film media focused on the era between eps 5 and 6 ?? My guess is that he'll be covering the main Star Wars title as well as some sort of Luminous related comic that ties into to the other media which will most likely be OLD REPUBLIC. Motive game studios who worked on Battlefront II has said recently that they're working on a new 'Unique' Star Wars game.

I fully agree that when we get more info on the direction of the comic/novel/video game IPs, we'll know where Lucasfilm will be focusing on the new movies

This would be so far in the past it wouldn’t be a prequel, it would be an entirely new storyline.

It would precede the first film, which would make it a prequel.

True but at the same time there is so much of the Galaxy and so much time periods not explored. I’ll gladly take some early stuff too as long as it’s high quality.

Couldn’t the galaxy be explored by moving forward in time? I’d still watch another prequel, but I personally believe that stories should move forward, not backwards.

I guess it’s a matter of personal preference. It will be interesting to see what they end up doing. Officially we’re in a break and what we’ve gotten out of Iger and Kennedy has been contradictory, so it seems to me that even they don’t know what they’re doing yet.

It would precede the first film, which would make it a prequel.

Couldn’t the galaxy be explored by moving forward in time? I’d still watch another prequel, but I personally believe that stories should move forward, not backwards.

I guess it’s a matter of personal preference. It will be interesting to see what they end up doing. Officially we’re in a break and what we’ve gotten out of Iger and Kennedy has been contradictory, so it seems to me that even they don’t know what they’re doing yet.
I don’t see how this would be moving backwards if it’s exploring an unknown story. It doesn’t necessarily mean it’s a prequel to the Skywalker saga. It can be it’s own thing. Mandalorian is set before the sequel trilogy so does that make it a prequel to that?

I don’t see how this would be moving backwards if it’s exploring an unknown story. It doesn’t necessarily mean it’s a prequel to the Skywalker saga. It can be it’s own thing. Mandalorian is set before the sequel trilogy so does that make it a prequel to that?

We already know the ultimate fate of the Jedi Order, the Republic, the capital, Yoda, etc. Personally, I‘d rather learn about what happens next.

The Mandalorian happens after the original film, which would make it an indirect sequel.

I am kinda with you - unless they go way, way back to like the dawn of the Force or something. Feels like Knights of the Old Republic time with just create more angst with people saying they are doing it wrong

Saw this posted in a Facebook group - anyone else seeing any reports of reduced busses at Skyliner resorts starting today?

View attachment 462702
I feel like maybe this should have been announced in advance? People should have had opportunity to avoid POP or rebook.

I assume this is either coming or true for AOA as well. I wonder if they would dare with CBR given how massive thatplace is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter