• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2020

You think they’d promote bad experiences? Lol

of course not - just a little fun

And obviously not in a short commercial like that but would be interesting if they hosted more of a town hall and allowed people to share some things maybe they thoughts were detractors and stuff, to be a bit more real, and identify areas for potential improvement

Obviously not things totally bashing them or anything, but small things to consider if you are debating a trip now

So Joe Rohde casually announced on his Instagram that he's having a "yard sale" of artifacts he's collected in his travels over the years, in addition to some pieces he made himself...his son is running the sale and posting the items on @rohdegaragesale on Instagram but the sale itself is on ebay. Super cool.

So Joe Rohde casually announced on his Instagram that he's having a "yard sale" of artifacts he's collected in his travels over the years, in addition to some pieces he made himself...his son is running the sale and posting the items on @rohdegaragesale on Instagram but the sale itself is on ebay. Super cool.

He selling that earring? 😁

True. I forgot Onward was in theaters for a bit prior. That was pre-COVID, I feel like I’ve lived an entire lifetime since then lol!

Ah, yes! I will always remember when Onward! came out because it was the last "normal" thing we did before the world went crazy! We were randomly given tickets to the UGA baseball game, so we went - just us and the kiddos. After the game, we decided to go see Onward! and have "popcorn for dinner." Such a fun family day. And then the world went to you-know-where. LOL

You do this through the drive through?
Yes, at the drive-thru. But it wasn't busy... no one else was waiting behind me.

I asked if they had the Disney toys and she said yes. I asked if they had all of them. She had me wait a minute while she checked. When she came back on the speaker, she said they had all of them.

I asked if I could buy just a complete set of the toys without buying 10 happy meals. She said if I ordered any food item, the toys would be 56 cents each. :banana:

The entire process sounds long as I'm describing it, but lasted maybe 2 minutes.

Ah, yes! I will always remember when Onward! came out because it was the last "normal" thing we did before the world went crazy! We were randomly given tickets to the UGA baseball game, so we went - just us and the kiddos. After the game, we decided to go see Onward! and have "popcorn for dinner." Such a fun family day. And then the world went to you-know-where. LOL

Yeah, same for me. Seeing Onward was the last theatrical release I went to and it was shortly aftter that that things changed.

Disney World Shares “Real Guest Experiences” From Pandemic-Era Trips

Spoilers: It's a bit biased
LOL.

Great marketing though - I am sure a lot of people have been reluctant to try and go because they felt it was unsafe or not worth the money. They sold both of those pretty well with those testimonials.

I had my sister-in-law's family just come back from a trip (which they were able to go to the coast to see the SpaceX launch) and they had nothing but good things to say. They are a Disney "casual" family and last time they went was 5 years ago, but seems like they had fun with their 3 young girls (ages 3 through 9). They obviously don't know a lot of what they are missing.

I'd suspect that Disney will be marketing to those families who just want an "escape" after a hard year. It probably will be magical to them despite having to wear masks as they won't even know they are missing. They probably don't even know there "should" be fireworks, parades, live-action shows, meet and greets, street entertainment, character meals, etc. I am sure a lot of the "once or twice in a lifetime" crowd are perfectly fine with Disney as it is (especially if they aren't really worried about catching COVID).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter