News Round Up 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
They updated hours in my app for 3/28-4/3

MK 8a-9p
DHS 9a-8p
EP 11a-11p
AK 8a-8p
Thanks.... Well, I checked earlier this morning, and nothing had changed, but now I see now the website also has hours extended through 4/3..... dang, I was hoping we'd see a longer time frame... hard to really plan when they don't release actual hours until about 2 weeks before the date! (😒 pouting!)

I don’t know how I feel about paid FPs just yet... but... If they do go that way... I think resort guests should get at least 3 free FP as a “perk.” Or - do something similar to UO with a FP for everything (included if you are staying on Disney property). But I just don’t think it’s even a consideration for Disney because they know they don’t need any gimmicks to fill the rooms - they know we’re still coming!!!!!😂
Disney has too many resorts holding too many people to give everyone staying onsite "free" fastpasses for everything. That would be tantamount to telling people staying offsite to not bother coming because they won't be able to ride anything anyway. Even Universal limits its unlimited "free" Express Passes to people at staying at its three most expensive resorts.

Disney has too many resorts holding too many people to give everyone staying onsite "free" fastpasses for everything. That would be tantamount to telling people staying offsite to not bother coming because they won't be able to ride anything anyway. Even Universal limits its unlimited "free" Express Passes to people at staying at its three most expensive resorts.

I agree... just trying to be generous 🙂

A small percentage will cancel over this.

but I think most people will look to other area attractions for entertainment.

the better question may be, how long will Disney enjoy being “at capacity” before bringing back/expanding their offerings? Time will tell, but I can’t see this being a sustainable business model (I.e. driving consumers to competitors) when consumers are desperately trying to spend their money. (After all... money talks!)

the better question may be, how long will Disney enjoy being “at capacity” before bringing back/expanding their offerings? Time will tell, but I can’t see this being a sustainable business model (I.e. driving consumers to competitors) when consumers are desperately trying to spend their money. (After all... money talks!)

I hope not much longer, but I’m sure they’re nervous to fully open too soon. They are definitely making small strides in the right direction, though. I was slightly frustrated by the lines Thanksgiving week, and they weren’t to capacity... a little scared for what they’ll look like next week. 😬

I hope not much longer, but I’m sure they’re nervous to fully open too soon. They are definitely making small strides in the right direction, though. I was slightly frustrated by the lines Thanksgiving week, and they weren’t to capacity... a little scared for what they’ll look like next week. 😬
Totally agree!
I don’t advocate for fully reopening, but expanding dining (both tables and restaurants) and reopening typhoon lagoon, and adding more shopping options could go a long way for helping capacity and satisfaction.

This is a great point! I can’t count the number of times I’ve read on this board “we never did universal before but we are going because Disney isn’t any value for us right now....etc”

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter