News Round Up 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking the same ... if you can add the MagicMobile to your iOS Wallet, then it would probably work outside the MDE app using NFC. The pay points around WDW use NFC for apple pay, but currently are other touchpoint like the FP tap compatible with NFC? I figuring that is a yes as it would be similar to how the magic bands already work?
Current theory from other locations appears to be that NFC is indeed the basic communication mechanism.

There are very GOOD things about this - and serious challenges.

The basic limitation:
"Near-Field Communication (NFC) is a set of communication protocols for communication between two electronic devices over a distance of 4 cm (11⁄2 in) or less.[1] NFC offers a low-speed connection with simple setup that can be used to bootstrap more-capable wireless connections.[2] "

So - there must be a receiving element within 1.5" of your device. It's going to be work to get "It's a Small World" to say by-by, without sensors within 1.5". Once "sensed", something less secure could easily get involved.

The really GOOD thing:
"NFC devices can act as electronic identity documents and keycards.[2] They are used in contactless payment systems ".
Got a "Tap-to-Pay CC? You are likely already using NFC.

Concerns?
"Although the range of NFC is limited to a few centimeters, plain NFC does not ensure secure communications."

For fellow geeks - here is a decent technical synopsis....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Near-field_communication

I don't spend a lot of time on this thread but when I am here you're updates and links are very helpful. Just want to compliment you on your quick execution of keeping things [and us] up to date!

Thank you so much for your kind words. I really do appreciate it! I’m so happy to help out and share the latest news with everyone. It really is fun!

Thanks to all of you for being cool with me helping out 😊

Last edited:
Good morning! :)
Homecomin' is one of those restaurants I've had to cancel for one reason or another the last few trips (or I couldn't get a reservation due to last minute plannings) - I really, really wanna try that restaurant lol

Hi!!! Aww I hope you get to try it on your next trip!! 🤞🏻🤞🏻 My cousin loves it and is a ‘must-do’ every trip!! I haven’t been yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter